Barclays Premier League - 12th Jan  - KO 12:45  - Ground: Loftus Road

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: QPR v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:33:03 AM »
He's Alive!  :hide: :up:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »
Win this one, which won't be easy, and I really will start to believe !!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »
Win this one, which won't be easy, and I really will start to believe !!

I think this game will be harder than some think.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
We cant afford to lose no way in hell for some many reasons!  Thing is QPR have fight in them we could come unstuck if we dont approach in the right mind set
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline DstarJ

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
any match feeds anyone?

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »
Not starting too well is it ffs

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 04:08:37 PM »
Well, one point and a clean sheet. We knew it wouldn't be easy and I while I think we deserved more, we must give credit for QPR's defenders and goalie, they really gave all their best. I cannot say I'm happy with the result, but I'm not too disappointed.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
As I mentioned on another thread, we all believed that we would win this and in retrospect, it was always giong to be difficult.

1 point is not ideal and we will lose us a 3rd spot for sure, but they were always be hard to crack and played well above their standard.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »
[QPR put in a tenacious display as they earned manager Harry Redknapp a draw against his former club, Tottenham.
R's keeper Julio Cesar tipped a Jermain Defoe shot onto the post and saved Emmanuel Adebayor's follow-up early on.
But that was a rare scare for a resolute home side, who went close when Shaun Wright-Phillips had a shot deflected wide by Michael Dawson.

Defoe also had a second-half shot saved by the leg of Cesar but the visitors could not break down their rivals.
he match was Redknapp's first against Spurs since he was sacked by the White Hart Lane outfit last summer.
Having insisted that he bore no animosity either to his former employers or to his successor Andre Villas-Boas, Redknapp might have a slight smile of satisfaction as his relegation-battling side ended Tottenham's run of four successive wins.

The visitors' record of having scored in every away game in the top flight so far this season was also ended as they failed to show the guile and creativity to break down the Hoops, who again showed signs of improvement to suggest they can avoid the drop.

QPR had registered a shock win over Chelsea in their last league outing and the Loftus Road side continued to show the hard-working attitude and resilience that victory was built on to frustrate Spurs.
Employing a 4-5-1 formation with playmaker Adel Taarabt playing as a striker, the home side shut down the time and space the visitors had on the ball with admirable determination and discipline.

When QPR were almost breached, keeper Cesar came to their rescue with a top-class double save.
The Brazilian tipped a 22-yard Defoe shot against the post and, after Adebayor latched on to the rebound, sidestepped defender Clint Hill and got in a low shot from 12 yards, Cesar got a hand to the strike to send it over.

That was as close as Tottenham got to a goal as they struggled to make their superior quality count against the home side's work-rate.
QPR's defensive solidity came at the cost of tempering them offensively, although a rare foray forward from them did almost stun Spurs.

Taarabt stabbed a piercing pass through the Spurs defence into the run of Wright-Phillips, who cut inside before his effort was deflected wide by lunging centre-back Michael Dawson.
The home side were impressively nullifying the threat of Spurs wingers Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon and, while the entire QPR side were playing their part, Stephane Mbia and Jamie Mackie deserve honorary mentions.
Midfielder Mbia's strong presence and Mackie's tigerish play set the tone for their side.

Still Tottenham dominated possession but could not capitalise, with fleeting chances seeing Kyle Walker send a free-kick just high and Cesar again rescuing his side when he saved a Defoe shot with his leg.
QPR's best hope of a goal was to catch Tottenham off-guard and they almost did so when Taarabt played a pass through to Wright-Phillips, who was thwarted by Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris rushing out of his goal to clear.
Wright-Phillips nearly created a late chance for himself when he surged at the Spurs defence only to stumble as the match ended in stalemate

QPR manager Harry Redknapp:
"That was very bit as good as the performance against Chelsea (a 1-0 win) - we worked our socks off against a real top team today. I can't ask for more than that.
"We restricted to them very few opportunities. Nedum Onouha and Fabio nullified two fantastic wingers That was the quietest I've seen Gareth Bale for many a year."
With regard to the transfer
window, Redknapp added:
"You hope you can get a couple of players in but if you don't we keep going with what we have.
"If we can get the right players I'll bring them in, I won't bring them in for the sake of it."
Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas:
"They defended very well; we wanted to play with a higher tempo, but they frustrate you.
"Julio Cesar had a great game. We had some big chances; in a game like this it's important to score first.
"It was a difficult game for us, but we got an away point so we are satisfied."
When asked about Redknapp Villas-Boas said:
"I have tried to be respectful and I think Harry is the same. He's been a great example to follow so there are no hard feelings."

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »
I am sure that we would've won if we had worn a different kit, That 2 tone effort is terrible. Even my sons dont want it! :nope:

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »
I am sure that we would've won if we had worn a different kit, That 2 tone effort is terrible. Even my sons dont want it! :nope:

Dont forget if players wear grey its practically makes them invisible to team mates, well thats what Fergie said many many years ago when Man U wore their grey kit and got stuffed by a lowly Southampton team and wnated to change kits at half time.... wonder if he has a point though lol

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »
To be fair I haven't seen much in the way of highlights but what I've seen plus I listened to the match on the radio at work I felt we were poor against QPR. I feel AVB failed to set the team up right and got his tactics and substitutions wrong, now before everyone starts calling me a doom and gloomer let me explain.
Firstly we have probably the most exciting wingers in the Premiership and against a leaky defence albeit a very well packed one how many times did Bale or Lennon try and turn them and get them facing their own goal by running down the line and crossing the ball..... a handful. Instead they kept coming inside to QPR's experience and into the heart of the defence that was well packed. This brings into question why play Adebayor if you are not going to turn defences and cross balls for him to attack and knock down for Defoe, and seeing as this was his last game before the African Cup of Nations why take him off after 70 mins when we need a goal, it's not like we are worrried about resting him for the next game. Also if you are chasing a goal why take of Lennon in recent weeks he has been one of our top players and from what I've seen and heard was looking like he was causing problems. AVB seems to be obsesed with settling for what he has after 80 mins because it seemed like once again we shut up shop and invited QPR onto us at the end when I would of thought that a QPR side that are short on wins would have started getting jittery we stop attacking them !!! I know we had 4 times as many shots as QPR but again these were mainly from outside the box and with a keeper of the quality of Cesar that is not going to cause too many problems. I know QPR rode their luck but I feel we did very little to try and make any luck of our own because we where too cautious.
Now before you all start shouting foul on the bright side Dawson played well and we kept a clean sheet away from home ... but like I say I was disappointed with AVB's approach to the game I expected alot more from him after some very positive recent weeks !!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
I did say that this match wouldn't be easy. In fact I fear the lower clubs more than the top clubs. The good news is that Ars*nal are losing by 2 goals. Everton drew, Liverpool lost and only Chelsea and United got the wrong results. At least we are a point behind Chelsea.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
I did say that this match wouldn't be easy. In fact I fear the lower clubs more than the top clubs. The good news is that Ars*nal are losing by 2 goals. Everton drew, Liverpool lost and only Chelsea and United got the wrong results. At least we are a point behind Chelsea.

That still dosen't disguise the fact that we were poor tactically yesterday and could and probably should of had 3 points and kept the pressure on Chelski !!!

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion