Everton v Tottenham

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Everton v Tottenham
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
Does anyone else listen to the SpursShow podcast ?

Well to my point this they had the Spurs correspondent from the London Evening Standard on this week with Terry Gibson and they were discussing the problem of concededing late goals. Anyway the correspondent said that when AVB was at Chelski they had the same problem and apparantly it's something his teams suffer from !!! Before anyone says I'm doom and glooming I'm only repeating what was said by someone else, check it out for yourselves the SpursShow is on Itunes.

Also we looked alot stronger at the back and didn't concede late on when Dawson was playing a player that AVB has been very reluctant to use !!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »

Well to my point this they had the Spurs correspondent from the London Evening Standard on this week with Terry Gibson and they were discussing the problem of concededing late goals. Anyway the correspondent said that when AVB was at Chelski they had the same problem and apparantly it's something his teams suffer from !!! Before anyone says I'm doom and glooming I'm only repeating what was said by someone else, check it out for yourselves the SpursShow is on Itunes.

Also we looked alot stronger at the back and didn't concede late on when Dawson was playing a player that AVB has been very reluctant to use !!!

You mentioned Chelsea or Chelski, but what about previous clubs before Chelski? Bearing in mind he wasn't at that club very long.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 07:38:40 AM »
   I agree that there could have been other reasons why he substituted certain players, but by bringing on defensive players in their place it is pretty obvious, is it not, that he is trying to FLOOD the midfield in order to SHUT UP SHOP. Well I think so, and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. Whatever he is doing at the moment isn't working and I believe that he and the rest of his coaching panel need to have a massive rethink, and get it right.
      As for him inheriting the bulk of the squad, these are the same players that finished in 4th place last season, with the exception of the players that have been sold, and the players that have been bought to replace those players, and before anyone says it I know we have injuries, but so does everyone else, that just goes to show that we don't have the depth in our Squad, and that my friends is because Mr Levy hasn't bought them, we know that he has spent money, but I question some of his purchases, and some of his sales as well.

;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:40:27 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »

You mentioned Chelsea or Chelski, but what about previous clubs before Chelski? Bearing in mind he wasn't at that club very long.

We had the problem of conceding too many goals long before AVB became manager. In fact Harry tried to sort it out and couldn't, even after 3 years. Its just that in our purple patch last year, we managed to score more than we let in.
Its a problem that has existed for a long long while. I say again, if we can get Kaboul and BAE fit, together with Walker and Verthonghen, then this problem will ease. Also AVB may need to take a look at Parker when fit, as he was very good for us at times last year.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 07:48:39 AM »
Ledley King actually said that having Parker playing in front of him made his life so much easier, but I wonder whether he is part of AVB's plans, Dawson also makes the defence seem a lot stronger, but as Ugs quite rightly says he doesn't seem to feature in his long term plans. I suppose we will just have to wait and see won't we. I just hope it doesn't cost us that is all.

:nope: :nope: :nope:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:50:10 AM by Paul Finch »

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »
   I agree that there could have been other reasons why he substituted certain players, but by bringing on defensive players in their place it is pretty obvious, is it not, that he is trying to FLOOD the midfield in order to SHUT UP SHOP. Well I think so, and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. Whatever he is doing at the moment isn't working and I believe that he and the rest of his coaching panel need to have a massive rethink, and get it right.
      As for him inheriting the bulk of the squad, these are the same players that finished in 4th place last season, with the exception of the players that have been sold, and the players that have been bought to replace those players, and before anyone says it I know we have injuries, but so does everyone else, that just goes to show that we don't have the depth in our Squad, and that my friends is because Mr Levy hasn't bought them, we know that he has spent money, but I question some of his purchases, and some of his sales as well.

;) ;) ;)

I’ve been reading some interesting speculations on what Mr Levy and AVB want in this January window. Let us hope that we get the right players to strengthen our team. So far we’ve got the foundations and a few tweaks (buys) could/ should make us a powerful force.

We both may disagree on certain aspects where Spurs are concerned, but where we do agree – I hope – is that the interests of the team are put first so that we can be where we should be; in the top 4 fighting for top honours.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
Ledley King actually said that having Parker playing in front of him made his life so much easier, but I wonder whether he is part of AVB's plans, Dawson also makes the defence seem a lot stronger, but as Ugs quite rightly says he doesn't seem to feature in his long term plans. I suppose we will just have to wait and see won't we. I just hope it doesn't cost us that is all.

:nope: :nope: :nope:

First of all we've got to remember Parker's age. I would imagine he has a few more seasons to go so we should be looking for a replacement soon.

As for Dawson. That might have been the case when he joined but he seems to have forced himself back in contention.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »

As for Dawson. That might have been the case when he joined but he seems to have forced himself back in contention.
[/quote]

I hope you are right. He has always been true to the team since his move from Forest and although he has had some bad games at times, I rate him highly and I hope he stays.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »

I hope you are right. He has always been true to the team since his move from Forest and although he has had some bad games at times, I rate him highly and I hope he stays.

Whether he is in or out they've got to get their defence right.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2012, 07:52:14 AM »
Voice,
      We do disagree on a lot of things but as you say we both basically want the same and that is for SPURS to be successful, I just wonder whether that is what Mr Levy really wants, he had the opportunity to sign 2 players in the last window(players I hasten to add that AVB wanted) but his assessment of their worth fell far below their respective clubs value and as a consequence we failed to sign them, much to everybodys disgust, and those two players would certainly have strengthened the squad. I just hope he hasn't ruined any chance we had of signing them in Jan.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2012, 08:12:23 AM »
Voice,
      We do disagree on a lot of things but as you say we both basically want the same and that is for SPURS to be successful, I just wonder whether that is what Mr Levy really wants, he had the opportunity to sign 2 players in the last window(players I hasten to add that AVB wanted) but his assessment of their worth fell far below their respective clubs value and as a consequence we failed to sign them, much to everybodys disgust, and those two players would certainly have strengthened the squad. I just hope he hasn't ruined any chance we had of signing them in Jan.

Do we really know the reasons why we failed to sign them. Did they really want to come to us ? I get the feeling that unless the club makes an official statement giving reasons for things that happen, we will never know the truth.
As we all know, footballers and their agents can be extremely greedy and overrate their own worth.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2012, 09:53:03 AM »
Voice,

I think to be fair to Daniel Levy he is trying to balance the books and won’t pay absurd prices for players. The way I understand it going to a new stadium – with 20,000 extra seating – will give us more money so that we can complete on equal terms with the Manchester United’s/ City’s and Chelsea’s of this world.

We don’t actually know what dealings Mr Levy has actually tried to do or not done in the previous transfer window, all we’ve got is paper speculation. We can hope that Levy – who was a season ticket holder and a fan before purchasing the club – is on the same level as the supporters and wants the same as they do; a successful team.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
Voice,

Do we really know the reasons why we failed to sign them. Did they really want to come to us ? I get the feeling that unless the club makes an official statement giving reasons for things that happen, we will never know the truth.
As we all know, footballers and their agents can be extremely greedy and overrate their own worth.

I replied to Paul Finch before I saw what you wrote; but I do agree with what you say here. We've only got paper speculation and not hard facts.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do