SpursNetwork

Everton v Tottenham

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Everton v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 12:09:20 AM »
Caulker the culprit in my opinion. So close to getting 3 points. unbelievable >:(

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 06:36:36 AM »
Our DEFENCE is not GOOD ENOUGH. Panic merchants, have they never been told ATTACK is the best form of DEFENCE try passing the ball to another team member and keeping possession, instead of just hoofing it out anywhere, the chances are it will come straight back, and it did to our cost, I've seen under 16's defend a 1-0 lead better than us. That was CRAP pure unadulterated CRAP, and there can be no excuses for that, it is basic. And before anyone accuses me of being a BOO-BOY, just think about it. As I have said before, about 50% of goals are conceded in the first 5 mins and the last 5 mins of each half, look at when we concede goals, generally late in the game when we are trying to hang on to a lead. I say again IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:45:41 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 07:43:18 AM »
Our DEFENCE is not GOOD ENOUGH. Panic merchants, have they never been told ATTACK is the best form of DEFENCE try passing the ball to another team member and keeping possession, instead of just hoofing it out anywhere, the chances are it will come straight back, and it did to our cost, I've seen under 16's defend a 1-0 lead better than us. That was CRAP pure unadulterated CRAP, and there can be no excuses for that, it is basic. And before anyone accuses me of being a BOO-BOY, just think about it. As I have said before, about 50% of goals are conceded in the first 5 mins and the last 5 mins of each half, look at when we concede goals, generally late in the game when we are trying to hang on to a lead. I say again IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

The stats are 40% of conceded goals this season were in the last 10 minues of games. It is not a new thing, and has been going on for years.

AVB said he does not understand why ?? Well I do. Both goals yesterday, as PF points out were caused by panic defending, hoofing the ball upfield instead of passing it. Also, yet again they both came about down our vulnerable left side, conbined with balls into the box causing panic in our defence.

We really must get a top quality LB, and another experienced CB to go with Verthongen. Caulker is for the future, but lacks the experience to shut out games where we lead 1-0 with 10 minutes to go, and Gallas is past it.

And another thing, without Bale we really create jack s**t. Its pathetic really, and on the back of 3 prem wins, hugely disappointing. Levy & AVB really do need to shake things up or we are in for a season of underachievement again.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
RSS61
     Does that stat of 40% refer to Spurs, because I am referring to ALL Leagues and I think you will find across all leagues it is very close to 50% and has been for a number of years. A good friend of mine over here who is also a qualified UEFA coach told me that when I was his assistant coach at a Club in Melbourne.

:) :)

Offline RSS61

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 08:18:41 AM »
RSS61
     Does that stat of 40% refer to Spurs, because I am referring to ALL Leagues and I think you will find across all leagues it is very close to 50% and has been for a number of years. A good friend of mine over here who is also a qualified UEFA coach told me that when I was his assistant coach at a Club in Melbourne.

:) :)

Yes thats the stats for Spurs. Apparently, if all matches lasted 80 minutes, then this season we would be top by 3 points !!

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 08:25:29 AM »
I have just read AVB comments on the Club Website,Quote "Hugely Dis-appointing"Unquote, No s**t Sherlock, well AVB I have some advice for you, Bloody Well sort it out, cos YOU SIR are the COACH, and the BUCK stops with YOU, so FIX IT. PLEASE.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 09:44:06 AM »
I agree it is disappointing. So near, but so far. Let us hope we get our injured fit quickly. I am looking forward to the Swansea game. But that isn't going to be no pushover.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »
Disappointing, that is a bloody understatement.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
I find it hard to blame the manager as 88 seconds is more like a moment of madness... Very sad, though.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 10:24:12 AM »
Disappointed especially when it looked as if we had 3 points in the bag.
However for me its the players that switched off ......cannot blame AVB
for 90 + minute goals  .... the team have got to play to the final whistle.

There are so many goals these days being scored in added time not only
at Spurs.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
  Obviously you haven't read my post, it is a fact that almost 50% of goals are scored in the 1st 5 and last 5 mins of each half, and I do not recall blaming AVB for Sundays loss, what I did say was after reading his comment on the Spurs Website,that he is "hugely disappointed", that as the coach he should "Bloody Well sort it out", so that it stops happening, because I am sorry it ain't acceptable, it is happening to often,(by that I mean we are conceding too many late goals and it is starting to cost us)and the buck stops with him, end of story.Get it f---ing sorted out. YES I AM PISSED OFF!!

>:( >:( >:(

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »

The stats are 40% of conceded goals this season were in the last 10 minues of games. It is not a new thing, and has been going on for years.

AVB said he does not understand why ?? Well I do. Both goals yesterday, as PF points out were caused by panic defending, hoofing the ball upfield instead of passing it. Also, yet again they both came about down our vulnerable left side, conbined with balls into the box causing panic in our defence.

We really must get a top quality LB, and another experienced CB to go with Verthongen. Caulker is for the future, but lacks the experience to shut out games where we lead 1-0 with 10 minutes to go, and Gallas is past it.

And another thing, without Bale we really create jack s**t. Its pathetic really, and on the back of 3 prem wins, hugely disappointing. Levy & AVB really do need to shake things up or we are in for a season of underachievement again.

I already posted this before the game and obviously AVB didn't have a plan on how to break down Everton without Bale !!!!
And I'm sorry this defeat goes down squarely at AVB's door he is the coach and he is the one that is obsessed with trying to shut up shop at the end of games something that we don't have the personel for. We are a very good attacking side but a poor defensive one and he needs to address this or change his end of game tactics to allow us to hold on to the lead in the last quarter of a game

Newcastle 79m
WBA 89m
Norwich 84m
Man City 87m
Everton 89m, 89m

That's another 9 Premier League Points that we could of potentially had this season if we didn't concede late on, OK I know that IF is a little word with a big meaning but this is happening on a far too regular basis for it just too be unlucky or a hiccup....... AVB sort it out !!!!!!

>:(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:28:18 AM by ugs »
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »
It seems that Assou-Ekotto switched his TV off before the final whistle.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »
It seems that Assou-Ekotto switched his TV off before the final whistle.

A bit like the rest of our defence

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »
Even though the result at the weekend wasn't a happy one we mustn't forget that we are still in a healthy position.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.