SpursNetwork

Tottenham 0-0 Manchester United

Offline cobra

Re: Tottenham 0-0 Manchester United
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2011, 02:46:15 PM »
ugs glenn hoddle was my favourite player, he was a magician, he could walk by opponents, he could pass a ball to a fellow player, over half the pitch, and drop it on a sixpence, and his shots were absolutely fantastic, and dont forget his goalkeeping skills, he was good at  that also, modric is a great player, but is no glenn hoddle, i wish he was.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
ugs glenn hoddle was my favourite player, he was a magician, he could walk by opponents, he could pass a ball to a fellow player, over half the pitch, and drop it on a sixpence, and his shots were absolutely fantastic, and dont forget his goalkeeping skills, he was good at  that also, modric is a great player, but is no glenn hoddle, i wish he was.

I watched Hoddle myself from the terraces and yes he was all those above, but if Luca Modric continues to play the way he is at the moment then I think he will become as much of a legend as Hoddle !!!!

:nods:

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
Keane and Defoe were 1st choice for Harry at the very beginning of last season (Fall '09) and Crouch was the impact player...

Back to the game...my wife made an excellent point post-match. When she asked about the result, I informed her that it was a scoreless draw. She then asked why I wasn't pleased. I replied that I believed we should have won and that we had let an opportunity pass. She laughed and said, "Just look at how far Spurs have come! A year ago you would have been happy to prevent United from scoring, now you EXPECT to beat them! Sounds like they're doing great."

She's right. We may be in 5th place, but there isn't a single team in the Premiership we should fear. In fact, the only team in the world I would not EXPECT to get a result against is Barcelona at Camp Nou. I sincerely hope that we can bring in a top-flight striker. No one will want to play us then. We would have finished ManUtd with a little more class up front.

Great post and I totally agree...... I'm gutted we never beat them but the gap in class between us is so small now you couldn't tell who the league leaders were but just watching !!!!!!

I think we should now break the bank and sign Andy Carroll and no matter what happens Luca Modric must stay at the Lane, I'm beginning to think this little Croatian wizard is going to be as much of a legend at White Hart Lane as a certain Mr Hoddle !!!!!!!!!!

:ohyeah:

The biggest difference between the 2 teams right now is discipline on defense.  Is manure EVER out of freaking position on defense?  To score on them when they're on form, you either have to have a brilliant play or lucky bounce.  There just isn't any space allowed.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »
United defended very well yesterday but we played into there hands, pumping high balls up to Crouch all the time....thats bread and butter for Rio and Vidic!...that is not the way we play, but we always go for that high ball when Crouch is on....i hate it!....put Crouch back on the bench....i cant believe he didnt start with Defoe either!

Thats one that got away yesterday..but as WilsonJet has said we really are closing the gap on the likes of United and the rest.

What a preformance from Modders...the guy is outstanding..a class act...as Harry has said, if we sell him...we might as well all pack up and go home....we have to keep him at all costs.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »
ManUre are not that great... they just have alot of experienced players in defence and CM that dont make errors.... they have a relaxed discipline that only comes when you've been there/done it....

but if either Rio or Vidic gets injured for a few weeks, things can and I believe will change... they dont have great cover at CB..

Offline cobra

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
ugs i hope youre right

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2011, 07:18:46 PM »
Derry spot on fella all sound points there!

I knew when my other half text me the Spurs line up and Crouch was starting that we would result to that method which doesnt suit us, plus Crouch cant head or do anything with the ball, he is a squad player and impact sub at best.

Nice to come away with a point, but after all the stuff I have read and seen they were there for the taking and 3 points could have so easily been ours as their defence was the big difference in the end and that earnt them that point!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
United defended very well yesterday but we played into there hands, pumping high balls up to Crouch all the time....thats bread and butter for Rio and Vidic!...that is not the way we play, but we always go for that high ball when Crouch is on....i hate it!....put Crouch back on the bench....i cant believe he didnt start with Defoe either!

Thats one that got away yesterday..but as WilsonJet has said we really are closing the gap on the likes of United and the rest.

What a preformance from Modders...the guy is outstanding..a class act...as Harry has said, if we sell him...we might as well all pack up and go home....we have to keep him at all costs.

Agree for the most part, but there were plenty of times when we worked the ball around well attempting to create space, and it almost seemed as though they had an extra player.  They're just incredibly disciplined in their half of the pitch.  That being said, a foot lower on VDV's curling shot & we win.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2011, 08:34:50 PM »
corn-rows= bae on top of his game, he was a class act yesterday. Toothless up front. Nearly lost control of my bowels when i saw that crouch was starting. Oh well would have taken 3 points before hand so cant complain.
A good performance overall and modric was brill. Also thought palacious had a great game as well. His confidence went a little after those 2 howlers though.
Wonder what alan hansen thought of BAE playing nani off the pitch.??????

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
corn-rows= bae on top of his game, he was a class act yesterday.

More and more proof that this is totally correct, maybe ask Arry to get it written in BAE's contract how to wear his hair for the good of the team  :up:

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline pokerfaced

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2011, 10:33:23 PM »
Giggsy was the premierships dirtiest player of the weekend (5 fouls). Rafael got sent off (2 yellows).  This alone shows how much pressure we put the Manure under. Add in Rooney (forced) to right m/f, Vidic and Ferdinand playing out of their skins desperately trying to keep us out. Oh the dissappointment of the draw. Oh the pride of watching us outplay,outpass and outclass Utd on live tv beamed all around the world! No we didn't get three points,but believe me we put out a big notice to everyone that we are a serious team.
     Why didn't we win? you may ask.
Plenty of reasons already given,but personally I think the real reason was that we didn't quite have that elusive, powerful mental belief that "we deserve it". Had this performance been against ANY other premier team we would have won.
    In 2 seasons Harry has got us to within 1 step of challenging for the title. Can we take that next step, Can we step onto the pitch EVERY game with the belief "we are better than you and we will prove it"?

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
I dont think you can just look at the number of fouls to decide who is dirtiest.... a player can have 10 fouls for obstruction and another can decapitate your shin-bone with just 1 tackle...

we outplayed them at Old Toilet even 2yrs ago in the 1st half, then the usual refereeing decisions went their way.... with the Howard Webb given penalty for a 'foul' on Carrick.... Webb even admitted he was wrong afterwards..

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2011, 09:04:49 PM »
Johnson what a goal! Come on you Leeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to be off subject but i am a bit of a closet Leeds fan because of the family! YID ARMY

Offline zipple83

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »
Really should have beaten them in this game.