Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Manchester United
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »
Its time....its Super Pav time!

Imo he has to start Sunday in a 4-4-2 with JD along side him.

I really cant understand why Harry is not giving him more game time...the lad never lets us down when he plays.

He's a big game player!!

Look at the goals he has scored for us.....he scored the winner against an undefeated Liverpool team a while back.....goal against Fulham in a quarter-final replay.....the 2nd against Twente away(massive goal for us that was)...then another 2 against same team at home and the decisive third goal against Inter.

Harry has to start playing him more often...he will get goals...he has been doing it his whole career.

Just f**king play him Harry :tickedoff:

It will be Van der vaart and Defoe mate !!!

:hide:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »
Its time....its Super Pav time!

Imo he has to start Sunday in a 4-4-2 with JD along side him.

I really cant understand why Harry is not giving him more game time...the lad never lets us down when he plays.

He's a big game player!!

Look at the goals he has scored for us.....he scored the winner against an undefeated Liverpool team a while back.....goal against Fulham in a quarter-final replay.....the 2nd against Twente away(massive goal for us that was)...then another 2 against same team at home and the decisive third goal against Inter.

Harry has to start playing him more often...he will get goals...he has been doing it his whole career.

Just f**king play him Harry :tickedoff:

my sentiments as well derry but crouch is his pet giraffe

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »
Pav comes across a little lazy and  uninterested I feel at times and I think this may count against him. Also he shoots from where ever which has it's advantages but 9 times from 10 they don't go in.
Having said that Defoe is probably the most greediest striker I can think of and it's no a bad thing to be when your a striker.
If Pav was more enthusiastic on the pitch I.e chasing down the ball and willing to run further as well as bust a gut for the team I reckon he would be a definite for the game. Like i said I think he need to be more aggressive and more up for it come game time
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 07:12:14 PM »
its uncanny.... Derry-Yid et Moi are as one....

4-4-2..... Defoe & Hutch..... 3pts.

Offline pokerfaced

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
Its a fact that 'Arry doesn't fancy Charlie at RB so Hutt is first on the sheet. Pav has no idea what a 'channel' is so Defoe next up. Assuming all fit the only coin toss is Wilson/JJ. This is how I see this game going:-
Defoe stretching the pitch wit threat over the top,VDV dropping between lines hopefully dragging CB with him.
Bale forcing Nani to double with RB, Lennon moving Evra inside and long. Godric dropping into space and feeding BAE and Hutton into big wideopen spaces which is where we win the game from!
COYS
Looking forward to this one boys my last trip up was 1-4 reverse against Thescum, DOH!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »
Pav has no idea what a 'channel' is so Defoe next up.

Thats why we play Pav...i would stick Pav up against Vidic and Rio and let Defoe run across the line and down the channels..we all know Defoe is not that type of player(he likes the ball over the top..something to run onto to)but i think he would be good at it if he was encouarged to play a bit wider...he has the pace and a bit of skill to play that role..im not saying he should do that all the time but he should do it more often...the way Keane plays it sometimes.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline bigv

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
as always our midfield is key. Dominate there, we win.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »
Po-Fa...... I like your thinking and I agree with most..

as long as Hutch just occupies at least 1 CB fairly deep, I iz a happy demigod.... Defoe is excellent at working the left-channel especially (watched both 1st-halves of Citeh home game last season and Chelsea home game this season)... the guy is phenom at bursting wide into space to receive the ball (as Bale drags the FB to the touchline wide)...and get this... in the Chavski game BOTH Hutch and Defoe worked hard to support the CMs when we lost possession, and it worked a treat..

if Arry has the rocks to play 4-4-2 sans Vaart, with Defoe & Hutch upfront,like the recent Chavski game, we can do the Manc over-achievers... otherwise, its gonna be bizz as yoosh...

make it happen Arry, you tax-dodging, freaky-faced beauty you... :up:

Offline bigv

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 05:05:48 PM »
Interesting but written like a how to contain Bale article and heres the proof of what works.

We will run out 2-1 winners this weekend!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
Tottenham expect Gareth Bale to be fit, despite missing a few days training this week with a back problem.Younes Kaboul returns after suspension and but fellow defenders Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate are still out.

Manchester United welcome back Wayne Rooney and Nemanja Vidic after the pair sat out the FA Cup win over Liverpool.
Goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar returned to training on Friday after a virus and is expected to be fit enough to replace Tomasz Kuszczak.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 03:27:51 AM »
COME ON YOU SPURS!

:spurs: :coys:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 03:29:04 AM »
fellow defenders Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate are still out.

I like how they always announce this as if we're shocked to hear it.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline cobra

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
gareth mate are you winding us up, van der vaart should be the first name on the team sheet, this guy is pure class, next youll say Ars*nal should drop fabregas.

Offline cobra

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
look guys if we turn up for the fight as well as the football, we will win, but we must earn the right to play our game, win the midfield, pressure thier defence, dont let them out easy, and start to get our fluid attacks moving nicely, it wont be easy, they always raise their game against us, but our team can win, if they are willing to fight for every ball, manure will not be easy, but they certainly are beatable.