____

0-0
____

Manchester United
Rafael Sent off

Barclays Premier League - Sunday 16th - KO 16.10 - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:50:57 PM by Biggs »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
Biggest game of our season to date....i dont really know how this is going to unfold. :hide:
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:26:54 AM »
heart says we are capable of beating them, head says we will capitulate. Dont know what it is about them or red nose but no other team seems to carve out victories like them. They are unbeaten yet only edge alot of games slightly. I know they have got a 12th man in howard webb but he doesnt play every game 8D

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »
I think Arry might well drop Varrt for this game, after the fiasco of Everton game... or they will just play a very highline against us and it will be Everton and Wet Spam all over again...

Defoe and Hutch pairing will keep their backline back and allow us the space IN THEIR HALF to play our natural game...

we play Vaart on Sunday...... we lose.

Offline bigv

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »
true we lose so many games when our top scoring player plays. Work out the logic on that one folks.... ::)

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »
my comment was really meant for 1-2 who 'got it' from the Everton game... the reasons are there but its not for everyone to understand... Didnt Varrt also score against Everton ??.... and didnt we still have a problem breaking out of our own half for sustained periods ??

just enjoy the game on Sunday... theres a good chap..

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »
Anyone read about Bale and if he is ok?

I can really see us taking the game to them, they look shaky away from home but as bigv says they always seem to grind something out particularly against us.

A lot more positive about this game than usual and i get the feeling VDV may well bag a nice brace to help get us back in the race.

Offline bigv

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:08:56 PM »
my comment was really meant for 1-2 who 'got it' from the Everton game... the reasons are there but its not for everyone to understand... Didnt Varrt also score against Everton ??.... and didnt we still have a problem breaking out of our own half for sustained periods ??

just enjoy the game on Sunday... theres a good chap..

i dont want to understand your logic old pal, as to do so would require years of training in mental impairments and their effects on society.
I have other interests you see. Maybe a relative or kid on the windowlicker bus can aid you on that one.
Back on topic. You mention vdv as having played in the defeat to everton as if he is to blame. He is one of our best players, top scorer and will not guarantee victory no player can do so except howard webb. Your reasoning is unjustified and illogical old bean.
As someone who seems to know arrys next move and be on the pulse of behind doors going ons why dont you just drop vdv and play jenas wherever you like. balls deep in your posterior not included in the latter of course

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »
lol.... and when did I mentioned that 1 player eg. Vaart led to the loss ??

I merely stated the obvious, that having Vaart without the type of player to be a lone-striker effectively, then you will continue to play mostly in your own half, be under constant pressure and not be able to break out for sustained periods...

but as you no doubt will remain a Spurs fan for longer than I probably will, then I really do hope you get your wish and Vaart plays on Sunday.... presumeably just behind that other knee-jerk Defoe the great lone-striker.... after all he did score 2 against the mighty Charlton..

should be an 'entertaining' game for the neutrals  :ohyeah:

Offline bigv

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »

we play Vaart ...... we lose.

there you go keownsie

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 01:48:05 PM »
'we play Vaart... we lose' is for the Utd game.... as the formation adopted (without the required personnel to play it) will almost certainly bring about that conclusion..

thats not to say that Vaart isnt a very good player, that will be very handy WITH the correct player as the lone-striker ahead of him...

I look forward to seeing Vaart once we acquire the correct striker to play him with..

Offline bigv

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »
i have a feeling, call it a hunch if you will, that vdv due to his talent and performances every game (injury permitting) will be one of the first names on the team sheet or any other prem team for that matter contrary to your inflammatory remarks aimed at inciting heated response from loyal supporters willing to defend the integrity of their star players.

your serve gareth. :smug:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »
I can't think of any other team in the Top12 in the Prem who wouldnt be able to accommodate Vaart successfully (for the team).... they all have at least 1 striker who combine pace,power, height and basic footballing technique, to enable Vaart to play in 'the hole'...

Spurs STILL dont have such a player.

1-4........ with the obligatory tap-in, 2yd header or penalty by Vaart no doubt, to show what a great player he is for ANY Spurs team, regardless of other players alongside...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:22:42 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »
I think Arry might well drop Varrt for this game,

:2funny:
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
Back to Defoe leading our attack with VdV taking the Sheringham role which works well for us.

Over recent seasons I have never known our results to suck so much against 1 team as they do Utd, this match we will win and break Utds unbeaten run, we have the talent and ability now lets see it come together! 

Arry dont ya dare start with Crouch if you do we will lose for sure as no fecking chances will be put away!

We will win this one Defoe to score and VDV!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!