SpursNetwork

Everton 2-1 Tottenham

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Everton v Tottenham
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 10:16:32 PM »
There are a very limited number of opportunities in a season to close down competitors when they are faltering. It seems that every time the boys at the top of the table make a misstep we reward them rather than punish them. Champions beat inferior teams consistently. Wigan, West Ham, Everton -- unacceptable. Those are the points we need to stay in the Champions League. Without Bale or Defoe we are shockingly impotent.

thats simply isnt true..... in the last 3 games before today we have gained pts on Chelsea and possibly Ars*nal too and kept pace with Citeh..... Everton beat Citeh at Eastlands by a bigger margin than beating Spurs at their own home...

all teams lose games.... its a fact of life..

today we deserved to lose, but I really believe that it will now GALVANISE Arry and Levy to correct the huge tactical hole in our striking dept..... at a cost of losing only 1pt to Citeh and none to Chavski, I'll take that deal every time...

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 10:17:16 PM »
What the f**k are you talking about Gareth? Absolutely no f**king clue about football or Spurs. Why did i even open your post up to think of?! Defoe has now served his 3 match ban and we needed him tonight. VDV should have done better with that chance just before they scored the 2nd but we cant blame him for that awful performance from the whole team. We need the target man we are looking for. Crouch is f**king useless, he should have stayed onside for that goal the prick. HARRY SORT IT OUT! YID AMRY

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
I do think it was Harry fault tonight, The team selection was wrong.

He never seems to give Pav a chance, i don;t know how he expects him to get together some form if he never give him a run of games

And i don;t know what Palacios did to get dropped, imo he had been playing well in the last 2 matches

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »
Jenas-Modric wasnt the problem today.... having Crouch-Vaart 'upfront' allowed Everton to play a highline (who cares if Crouch wins headers in the centre-circle ??)....

they had 6 in midfield, and we couldnt break out cos even if Bale or Lennon break, chances are the central-area 'forwards' will be plodding behind (with their CBs jogging on alongside them)...

Modric-Jenas have worked very well in some games especially at home... Spurs-Villa at WHL being just 1 example..

if ever there is a good day to lose for the right reasons.... today is that day..

tomorrow will see Arry plotting to get some pace upfront, to keep defences from playing such a highline against us....

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 10:30:39 PM »
Jenas-Modric wasnt the problem today.... having Crouch-Vaart 'upfront' allowed Everton to play a highline (who cares if Crouch wins headers in the centre-circle ??)....

they had 6 in midfield, and we couldnt break out cos even if Bale or Lennon break, chances are the central-area 'forwards' will be plodding behind (with their CBs jogging on alongside them)...

Modric-Jenas have worked very well in some games especially at home... Spurs-Villa at WHL being just 1 example..

if ever there is a good day to lose for the right reasons.... today is that day..

tomorrow will see Arry plotting to get some pace upfront, to keep defences from playing such a highline against us....

Gareth we all you will defend Jenas until your ass is red raw...

but im sorry, Modric and Jenas AWAY from home will not work. At home is a whole different ball game.

away from home you need abit a steel in the middle, which neither Jenas or Modric have

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
today was just like the Wet Spam game, where after just 5mins I felt we'd lose..... when teams know that Crouch-Vaart are gonna be our 'forwards' they just think right, lets play our fullbacks especially really high and into midfield, making it 6 there... then the 2 CBs have 40yds to defend against 'sprinters' of Crouch and Vaart's calibre...

when that happens, we are a bottom-6 team..... how do you get possession when you are under such pressure in your own half almost constantly ??

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 10:44:29 PM »
Agreed. We desperately needed pace up front with them pressing us so high. I hate to say it, but even if we'd had Darren Bent up front we would have been better equipped to deal with their tactics and formation today.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 10:45:25 PM »
you put someone in your team who can tackle and break up play.

Then you are able to counter attack.

I don;t remember 1 counter attack today
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:47:48 PM by Biggs »

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »
Yea, Palacios would have helped in that respect, but his passing hasn't been up to par lately. I don't know if he would have known what to do with it when they were pressing so high up the pitch. I guess it's all really speculation. At the end of the day it's a disappointing result, but it isn't the end of the world.
 :coys:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2011, 12:12:35 AM »
Ah we've lost a game. Something to moan about then...  :2funny:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2011, 12:45:42 AM »
Well in truth i never had any confidence going in 2nd half. Both arguments was fair though

1) Crouch indeed... had me pulling my hair..
2) Our midfield couldnt cope with the pressure Everton mounted.

Ive said to my friends earlier in the match that saha would be alot of trouble... Boy did i regret saying that too early.. What the heck was Gallas thinking Backing off and giving that guy space to shoot!

As for crouch. I think a really... really... great 1 man Striker would do the job. I dont just think he can work against teams like Everton. On another matter..
How come i dont see Sandro anymore on the bench?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2011, 01:14:16 AM »
I missed the match due to work  :santa_cry:, but some awesome descriptive accounts on here give me the picture that we got totally owned by Everton and due to  :santa_rolleyes:p oor team selection didnt have the right players on the pitch to counter their tactics or put them under any pressure.

I always get that sinking feeling when I see Peter (cant shot, head or dribble with the ball) Crouch is starting Arry just loves the bloke must be the reason he is picked??

On the plus side other teams dropped points to..... can this be our last lesson this season please though its one we already knew!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2011, 06:42:27 AM »
Yes, we really did lose a game - now it is time for some more finger-pointing and shouts for the whole team to be sold or preferrably shot. Let's get in some £30+m players and become another ManC.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:18:50 AM by RiffHard »

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »
Yes, we really did lose a game - now it is time for some more finger-pointing and shouts for the whole team to be sold or preferrably shot. Let's get in some £30+m players and become another ManC.

:santa_shocked: us Spurs supporters dont react like that do we...... defeats happen I think we are all just brought back down to earth when it does happen and it aint nice is it, but looking at the posts from those that saws the game it was pretty frustrating seeing us owned and unable to play our game.

Riff you know me I am not a fan of Crouch at all so I'll always pick up on his failings mate!   :santa_afro:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2011, 02:44:40 PM »
Metalanimal, it was irony. Some comments on this and previous page are simply apalling but maybe it's just me...