Tottenham 3-0 Charlton

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Charlton
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »
There they are! Thanks for showing up boys :coys:

Insert Modric and we are up 3-0. Magic.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
Gareth Keown ......Luca Modric is crap eh been on for 20 mins and we have 3 goals all created by him.

Glad you know all about football and the fact that we need to sell him to IMPROVE our team you numpty !!!!!!

:dance:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »
Gareth Keown ......Luca Modric is crap eh been on for 20 mins and we have 3 goals all created by him.

Glad you know all about football and the fact that we need to sell him to IMPROVE our team you numpty !!!!!!

:dance:

Yeah, What he said. :knuppel2:
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »
I am pleased Niko gets to play. He never plays and I think he's done a great job so far. :D

Not bad for a team with Van der Vaart and Bale out.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
Townsend could be a god alternative for when Bale goes in the summer.... has impressed me right from the San Jose Earthquakes game in the summer...

Offline pokerfaced

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
Good win for us that one. Still lack creativity without Godric on the pitch though. How can we possibly even think about not just selling him,but selling him to the team directly below us in the league? Absolutely bonkers to let him go there. City won't sell to us (Bellamy), United won't sell to Liverpool (Hienze).If we are to stay at the top table we must have a top table attitude,and that means we DO NOT sell to rivals no matter what!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 09:40:24 PM »
Gutted i couldnt go today, had to give my ticket to a mate due to being called out with work. Sounded as though we were poor first half and then Harry laid into them at half time and then we came out and started actually playing. Great too see Townend getting a game and a goal, he looks like a good prospect. We need to start breeding more young talent, and with Walker & Naughton doing well it looks like we have a bright future! I watched Naugton earlier against Man City and he was brilliant. And Walker scored yesterday on his debut for Villa against Sheffield United a mazey run from near the half way line with a cool finish. YID ARMY

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »
Townsend will get better with time, much better with two feet than Azza but he was against poor opposition today. With Bentley gone i hope to see the young guy pick up bits of experience as the season goes on.

Modric (against poor players today but lets face it he does it in most games) was amazing, head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch for that 45mins.

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 12:12:48 AM »
Nah, Modric is a potentially disloyal, Chelsea loving, money-grabbing, over-rated chancer. At least that's what my friend GK tells me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Tottenham 3-0 Charlton
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »
I dont think Modric is disloyal or money-grabbing.... just over-rated ..

doesnt mean he's a bad player tho.... just not as good as you all think.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »
boo hoo :'( :'( :'(

Offline zanubis

• Hero: Van Der Vart
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »
WEnt to this game with my son.  Dismal first half.  Great second half.  Modric made all the difference for sure.