SpursNetwork

Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Chelsea
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »
Gomes is a clown and a. Coward . All is indecisiveness is due to fear.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
Even though that was a Penalty... The ref had a nightmare imo.

I can't help but feel this was an opportunity missed for us. With Man City in 2nd going to be hard to get 4th this year

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »
Gomes is a clown and a. Coward . All is indecisiveness is due to fear.

That's a bit harsh!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »
Give me strength you lot.
Gomes is one of the best keepers in the league. he will make the occassional blunder [don't they all], mainly because he is a highly 'individual ' character. Get off his case at least life is never dull when he's around.
Now how about focussing on the positives.
1. A couple of years ago would we have believed a month where we beat Inter, Liverpool and Ars*nal, drew with Chelsea and qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions league, and achieved all this with a team that played with passion not fuelled by rapid fire cheque book signings.
2. Daws is back!!!
3. I thought Palcious was on the improve and is not looking to far away from full form again.
4. Bae was, once again, a game saver
5. Modric was outstanding.

The list of positives is endless, so come on what about some Christmas cheer?
We will finish 3rd, Chelsea will stutter to 4th and Man City will self destruct
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:57:57 PM by pukekohespur »
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
And as for saying Gomes is a coward...shame on you.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline bigv

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 07:47:29 PM »
I stand by what i say puke. His reluctance, through fear costs us the victory today. I applaud his save which saved us from defeat but it was himself who put us in the precarious position in the first place was it not.?

He is fearful in certain situations and this fear/nervousness causes him to be prone to error and erraticism causing him to drop balls, fluff crosses, stab at clearances, and fail to fully commit to one on one situations which cost us in games. I also on occassion have questioned the extent of some of the injuries he "picks up" in games. surely i am not the only one who sees this?

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 08:01:32 PM »
Goalies will always make some game-changing errors.... tho the goal Gomes conceded was not 1 of them...

the true worth of a goalie is gleaned over a number of games, and for the last 2yrs now Gomes has been right up there with Sar and Reina in the Prem....

I think Big(ot)v has got his agenda on Gomes,  looking to make maximum capital about every single hint of imperfection... as for being a coward, how could anyone know what any player feels, I actually think Gomes is a pretty strong character after proving most 'experts' wrong after his early settling-in stage in the Prem..

I'm not even gonna criticise Dawson today... IMO he should have done better against Drogba and ensured a shot could never be aimed at the goal... but overall, he played well for someone who has just returned after 3months out...

a draw was a FAIR result.... Al Citeh will have some difficult games soon enough.... they will NEED a 6pt advantage at least, come 1st February... when we get the final piece of the jigsaw: the right striker

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »
Corluka n Dawson back against the Chavs  :2funny:

even if Dawson was better than Bassong (which he aint) do you really think that any manager is gonna throw him in against Chavski as his returning game after nearly 3 months off ??...... without even a 10min runout in the previous game...have a word with yourselves eh...

as for Corluka.... he aint gonna be playing unless Hutton is injured/rested from now onwards.... Corluka has been DIRE since even the Pre-Season.... will get rid in the summer..
Well, I'd say that Dawson had a very good game.

Offline bigv

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 08:40:55 PM »
Thansk Riff, now i know what the gimp said. To accuse me of having an agenda on Gomes and then slate Dawson as you always do smacks of hyprocisy Keown. I agree with puke that a draw is a good result and if we were offered the recent run we have had a few months ago we would have taken it delightedly. I think we had some special performances all round today, all over the pitch, daws, BAE, modric, pav,Wilson, hutton to name but a few and it goes to show how far we have progressed when a side missing at least 5-6 of its best players can push chelsea all the way and be unlucky not to win it. Chelsea showed great spirit in the second half. We are not out of the race just yet. City are in turmoil. Cheers TEVvy baby you just keep stirring the pot at citeh!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:32 PM »
Bigv, you seem to be losing your cool over a little matter of disagreement.... a guilty conscience pray tell..

and I seem to remember praising Dawson's performance over the 94mins.... hardly a slating by a gimp or any other...

but it does raise the question again does it not, of how you came to read my post, considering you have declared to have on 'ignore'..... it does suggest that maybe you iz a little fibber...

I really doubt that we had 5-6 players injured that would otherwise make the 1st XI better..... Kaboul, Jenas, Gallas.... I even suspect Kaboul is a better option to King nowadays.. as for Vaart: lets not even go there today (as I'm in a placid mood)..

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 09:59:11 PM »
We're lucky to have played Chelsea during their out of form period. A point against Chelsea is still a good result. It's just a little bit disappointing because it could have so easily been 3 points. At the same time it was even closer to being 0 points.

John Terry was unbelievable. What a game from him. They really are a much better team when he plays.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2010, 10:13:52 PM »
I stand by what i say puke. His reluctance, through fear costs us the victory today. I applaud his save which saved us from defeat but it was himself who put us in the precarious position in the first place was it not.?

He is fearful in certain situations and this fear/nervousness causes him to be prone to error and erraticism causing him to drop balls, fluff crosses, stab at clearances, and fail to fully commit to one on one situations which cost us in games. I also on occassion have questioned the extent of some of the injuries he "picks up" in games. surely i am not the only one who sees this?

I kind of agree with most of what you say BigV, sometimes he does seem to be shall we say reluctant and he does sometimes duck the physical side but other times he oozes class and confidence (Woolwich Wanderers at home last season in the last 20 mins). To be honest I don't see many better keepers around maybe Reina at the Scoucers and Foster at the Bluenoses, so I think we are just gonna have to hope he develops some "balls" over the coming matches.

As for todays match, I thought the whole back 4 played extremely well and Palacious looked like the Palacious of old getting stuck in and passing the ball well, he also had a couple of runs. I thought Dawson was fantastic especially after coming back from such a long lay off, his  reading of the game is superb. I also thought Lennon had a good game along with Modric but Bale seemed to be a bit off colour and strangely lacked pace today. Defoe looked sharp and worked hard but I thought Pav had a poor game even though he scored some of his first touches were really poor and the ball didn't seem to 'stick' to him.

Overall though not a bad all round performance !!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:34 AM »
Goalies will always make some game-changing errors.... tho the goal Gomes conceded was not 1 of them...

the true worth of a goalie is gleaned over a number of games, and for the last 2yrs now Gomes has been right up there with Sar and Reina in the Prem....

I think Big(ot)v has got his agenda on Gomes,  looking to make maximum capital about every single hint of imperfection... as for being a coward, how could anyone know what any player feels, I actually think Gomes is a pretty strong character after proving most 'experts' wrong after his early settling-in stage in the Prem..

I'm not even gonna criticise Dawson today... IMO he should have done better against Drogba and ensured a shot could never be aimed at the goal... but overall, he played well for someone who has just returned after 3months out...

a draw was a FAIR result.... Al Citeh will have some difficult games soon enough.... they will NEED a 6pt advantage at least, come 1st February... when we get the final piece of the jigsaw: the right striker

My my! First positive post ive seen from you. *Claps* Hahaha!!

Although i gotta agree with you 100% It was a fair result although i thought our striking department could have done alot better with the chances made. I mean our chances up front we far superior to Chelskum and 1 goal out of all those is really sad for me. But nevertheless we had a go at them and they cowered in fear! Come 2nd half most of our midfield players ran out of steam especially Bale and Modders. I think Bale should be rested and let Krancjar play afew games.

Gomes did well considering he saved the penalty! But i wouldnt blame him, its really hard to be tough when a ball like drogba's traveling at 120mph gonna hit your face. Its a mental game and he lost but nevertheless he picked himself up and saved the Spot kick.

But damn it im still not satisfied with our striking department! Pav scored an awesome goal but heck.. Crouch should have killed the game with the cross from Hutton but oh well luck was not with us again~

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 03:31:22 AM »
You can't expect a match winning performance from Bale every single game. I suppose he's entered that category now from all the media hype. He had to do much more defending against Chelsea. We have the luxury against some teams to have him waiting for the ball that releases him for one of the headline worthy runs, but on many occasions against Chelsea he had to track back to defend. He was all over the pitch attacking and defending. You might be right about resting him after all that, but at the same time we've got Blackpool coming up and they will struggle with him and Lennon. I would think this one was more taxing than most games for him. We really need to get 3 points from Blackpool.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 05:38:22 AM »

I think Bale should be rested and let Krancjar play afew games.
Niko is injured.