West Brom
Brunt
____

1-1
____

Tottenham
Modric

Barclays Premier League - 11th Sep 2010 - KO 15:00 - Ground: The Hawthorns

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=106508909#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_P
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:01:20 PM by Biggs »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: West Brom v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:34:19 PM »
No slip ups here, although i still have bad memories of my last trip up to The Hawthorns where we lost 2-1 i think it was a couple years ago. VDV to terrorise the baggies please!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
Gallas & VDV début me thinks  :nods:

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »
was VERY IMPRESSED by the WBA team against Liverpool... they were very unlucky to lose it and easily deserved a draw there..... the biggest compliment I can pay them is that they reminded me of Spurs in their style, fluidity and composure on the ball and off-ball movement...

they play a 4-4-2 (ish) system too, but lack a cutting edge so far.... we should be okay but we may need to bed in vdv and Gallas slowly.... Gallas maybe starting (in prep for CL game shortly after) and vdv as a substitute...

lets not start believing vdv is allergic to kryptonite just yet eh.....

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »
I'm expecting that Mr Gallas will now make his debut with the injury to Dawson and I expect 'Arry will waste no time in blooding Van der Vaart in the Prem. 'Arry has a nice headache situation now having to fit so many options into an eleven man team, hoprfully he will pick a good balanced attacking side that can give the baggies a good seeing too and build some good confidence in preparation for the CL encounter.

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 08:02:21 PM »
Hmm Gallas or maybe Bassong to come in for Dawson?
I'd maybe go with Bassong as he a good defender but also he has played with Gomes, King, BAE and Charlie before unlike Gallas. I personally would give Gallas a couple more games before selecting him.

I presume King will be fit as he hasn't been involved with England this week.

Maybe have all 3 new signings, bar Sandro on the bench for this one, i would like to see VDV come on at some point depending on how we are playing and where the game is going.
COYS!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
Van der Vaart played for Netherlands (substitute) so I presume he is more or less match fit and could make his debut. Not sure about Gallas' match fitness, though, so Bassong could partner King. Gallas will definitely get some playing time soon, though.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
What about Gomes, when is he expected to be back?
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »
they could wheel on Arry's mo-in-law for Dawson for all I care.... Dawson out for maybe 3 months :up: (I can smile cos he will be on full-pay and get to recover comfortably... perhaps catch up on his reading, that sort of thing)...

Gallas will get a nice little settling-in period without the constant chorus from the stands demanding Dawson get off the bench at every slightly less than perfect play he makes... it really has been a great week what with 1 thing then another..

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »
I'd maybe go with Bassong as he a good defender but also he has played with Gomes, King, BAE and Charlie before unlike Gallas. I personally would give Gallas a couple more games before selecting him.

Maybe have all 3 new signings, bar Sandro on the bench for this one, i would like to see VDV come on at some point depending on how we are playing and where the game is going.

Really? I'm not sure. Personally i would put Gallas straight in...Unless he's planning on playing him against W. Bremen. But i think gallas should be able to play both

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »

Really? I'm not sure. Personally i would put Gallas straight in...Unless he's planning on playing him against W. Bremen. But i think gallas should be able to play both

I agree with Biggs now we've got him and under the circumstances let's get him in and earning his wages !!!!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »
just heard Barcelona might be making a player + cash bid for Dawson to replace Pujol in the long-term, in January..

Xavi + 5m euros mentioned.... they really want Dawson it seems..

lucky for us we have Gallas now to cover for him.... phew..

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Gareth i hope your not considering to believe any of that bollocks are you?!?!?!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 10:45:20 PM »
West Brom are without the suspended James Morrison following his red card against Liverpool.   Paul Scharner played a behind-closed-doors friendly with Bolton and could make his first Baggies appearance.
Tottenham's Jermain Defoe and Michael Dawson picked up serious injuries for England and are ruled out for three months and two months respectively.
New signings William Gallas, Rafael van der Vaart and goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa could come into the team.

The fixture list has been far from kind to West Brom on their return to the Premier League. Having Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham in their opening four matches of the season is hardly ideal, and it does not end there with a derby at Birmingham and then Ars*nal to follow.

That said, they impressed at Anfield in their last league game and Roberto di Matteo's Baggies side look better equipped than in previous seasons to stop their boing-boing existence between the Premier League and the Championship.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is as proud a patriot as anyone, but even he must be cursing the cross of St George after Michael Dawson and striker Jermain Defoe suffered worrying injuries for England during the international break.
Given that news, and Tottenham's typically up and down start to the season, Redknapp must be delighted with the wheeler-dealing he did in the transfer window.
While new signings William Gallas and Rafael van der Vaart bring undoubted pedigree, their feisty characters could keep Redknapp busy. He had to look no further than van der Vaart's reaction to being substituted for the Netherlands in midweek when he rubbed his eyes in mock disbelief, swore and then openly criticised coach Bert van Marwijk.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »
There alot of places today saying that Gallas will Captain us  ???