SpursNetwork

Tottenham 4-0 BSC Young Boys - 2nd Leg

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Tottenham 4-0 BSC Young Boys - 2nd Leg
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2010, 01:38:06 PM »
Modric wont be sold this season, so you can all relax..

he does some things very well but he can be very defficient in other more mundane (but still vital) areas re. covering space at the right time, recovery pace to re-position, physical presence in the middle of the field, etc.... all the things really that the average fan wouldnt even notice cos they iz too busy at marvelling at the latest pert piroette performed with the ball at his feet...

rest assured that coaches do pick up on these points.. and maybe the solution will come from in-hpuse when Sandra starts to play a few games for us.. or maybe Arry sees in Diarra: the perfect foil for someone like THudd who is now more influencial in our play then Modric I feel as he dictates the game's pace and flow more...

but as Diarra isnt coming I think, Modric should get a few games in still...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »
Modric wont be sold this season, so you can all relax..

he does some things very well but he can be very defficient in other more mundane (but still vital) areas re. covering space at the right time, recovery pace to re-position, physical presence in the middle of the field, etc.... all the things really that the average fan wouldnt even notice cos they iz too busy at marvelling at the latest pert piroette performed with the ball at his feet...

rest assured that coaches do pick up on these points.. and maybe the solution will come from in-hpuse when Sandra starts to play a few games for us.. or maybe Arry sees in Diarra: the perfect foil for someone like THudd who is now more influencial in our play then Modric I feel as he dictates the game's pace and flow more...

but as Diarra isnt coming I think, Modric should get a few games in still...

Gareth we have just had the biggest result in the clubs history since 1984 and all you can do is slag off Modric, who if I remember was wanted by Man Ure in the summer. Modric is no small part responsible for us being where we are now and if he had been fit would of played without any doubt. He is an outstanding player and as many pundits have pointed out our only potentially world class player so why are they so wrong and you so right eh!!!!! Next you'll be telling us that Jenas should be playing instead of Modric !!!!
I remember when I was a nipper we had another player who played that I watched from the terraces at WHL and most of the other grounds around London who couldn't tackle, was deemed light weight, didn't track back, couldn't head and was ridiculed for being lazy. That player was a certain Glenn Hoddle who I still rate as the best player I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt, he could change a game with a single pass or one moment of brilliance.
Although I don't think Modric is as good as Glenn Hoddle but he also has the same ability to change a game and do something different, a piece of magic !!!!
Gareth I really don't think you are actually a Spurs fan more of a fan of wind ups or anything to get a reaction so you are the centre of attention.

As for last nights game no player in a white shirt had a bad game the whole squad are all heroes and it will go down in history of the club as the day the sleeping giant awoke... mark my words !!!!

:dance:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2010, 04:35:15 PM »
actually Ugs, I agreed with you earlier that nobody in the Spurs team played badly and I even defended Palacios when 1-2 said he'd had a poor game..

Glenn Hoddle is yet another of these wonderful players that can look fantastic with the ball... and a huge liability to the team when he (and thus the entire team) dont have it.... which is the  majority of the time..

but he gave good camera, I'll give him that...

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2010, 06:24:38 PM »
Hoddle huge liability? Youve got to be bonkers Gareth.

Huge liability without the ball are players like Huntelaar who never track backs at all!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2010, 07:34:27 PM »
I actually have no voice this morning, what a bloody atmoshphere. Although I couldn't believe how two faced some of the fans were, I mean ffs they're only human.

Our fans, or the Swiss fans?

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »
11 passes intercepted by Modric against City. He must have run into them accidentally - over, and over, and over again. It's downright freakish if you think about it. How did he do that since he is so poor at "filling the space" and "tracking back" as trollbait says?

He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »
intecepting the ball 11 times in 90mins is neither here nor there.... does it show the number of times  Citeh had such easy control of the midfield in the 2nd half, the gaps left when he wasnt even in a good position to even attempt to intecept or tackle ??...

THAT part of the job is mostly about running-power: to always be in the right space at the right moment so that teams dont even attempt to move the ball thru the space you occupy/control.... THAT... in a nutshell is what a guy like Jenas does so well... the art of controlling the other team's play without even touching the football....

most of the game for any player is played around the small moments when they actually control the ball.... those that can influence the game best when not in possession of the ball are the real great footballers in any team... either creatively or defensively...

99% of those who claim to know/like/understand football will never get this simple fact, in the whole of their lifetimes...

its not their fault tho.... its just beyond them.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2010, 12:45:36 AM »
Apparently, it's "neither here nor there" when I call you on your rampant BS and you simply choose not to address it. That stat from the city game is spectacular. Here's another one for you:

Luka Modric - 6 years : 70,000 pounds a week

He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 03:34:43 AM »
Gareth are you honestly going to sit there and bash the hell out of Luka Modric and as your exhibit A: evidence of wonderness cite...wait for it....Jermaine Jenas?  Really?

That's actually insane, no really, it's insane.  If OED were to open it up a public competition for a new working definition for the word "crazy", you'd be a shoo-in for the prize.   Seek help.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »
Aosoth, you are unremarkably 1 of the 99%.... dont strain yourself trying to figure out the how and why, just continue to enjoy the great football this team is gonna be producing this season... thats really all you need to concentrate on....

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2010, 01:21:26 PM »
I think Gareth is a gooner. >:(

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »
I second to that.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »
I second to that.
I think he is a complete c*nt, but i wouldnt want to get too personal.

I have taken the decision of just ignoring now as he is just an ego waiting to be fed and his posts are just made up bulls**t.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »
I second to that.
I think he is a complete c*nt, but i wouldnt want to get too personal.

I have taken the decision of just ignoring now as he is just an ego waiting to be fed and his posts are just made up bulls**t.

Never a truer word spoken

:2funny:   :dance:   :2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion