SpursNetwork

Stoke 1-2 Tottenham

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Stoke v Tottenham
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »
Looks like Gareth owes us a fiver and a veggie somosa and a bag of chips each.  :D
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »
Good, im hungry  :lol:

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »
 :tickedoff:

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »
Stoke was robbed but a win is a win and I think we all will take it. Great goal from Bale. Well done son!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2010, 01:07:19 AM »
swings n roundabouts..

Citeh game we deserved to win.... we drew

today's game we deserved to draw..... we win

looks like the defending was pretty average again... Gallas will be in te team soon enough..

I thought the whole back 4 played well today and the midfield backed them up nicely, don't know what you were watching ? It didn't help matters with Gomes running round like a headless chicken though !!!

Gallas will only be in the side if he signs, looks like Mr Levy has lost the pen at the moment !!!

;)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

Re: Stoke 1-2 Tottenham
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »
the defending was not well at all.... everytime the ball came into  the final third, they looked like they could score.... the fact that they didnt was just the chance factor working in our favour.... as opposed to last week..

we didnt exert enough CONTROL in the match in the 2nd half as much as we could have.... it seems that the CM appears to run outta steam in the 2nd half abit (2 games running now) and couldnt screen the back4 enough...

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »
Agree with you on CM running out of steam Gareth. Like i said before why redknap didnt change anyone on CM baffles me. We could have exert more control in the 2nd half if we had sub someone out.

I can understand why Hudds is tired but Jenas and Sgt Wilson shouldnt be since they hardly play. Cant wait to see if we get another CM. Sandro will still be on holiday so right now im looking at our cm options. Only Ohara is available for sub.

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »
Sandro will still be on holiday so right now im looking at our cm options. Only Ohara is available for sub.

Actually as far as I am aware, Sandro has reported to Tottenham already.  It was part of his deal that he report within so many hours after the culmination of his Copa Libertadores challenge with Internacional.  He'll likely need a break at some point, but he's not away on holiday  ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
the defending was not well at all.... everytime the ball came into  the final third, they looked like they could score.... the fact that they didnt was just the chance factor working in our favour.... as opposed to last week..

we didnt exert enough CONTROL in the match in the 2nd half as much as we could have.... it seems that the CM appears to run outta steam in the 2nd half abit (2 games running now) and couldnt screen the back4 enough...

With JJ in there no surprise goes missing for most of the game, and the defence did fine against a team that likes to bombard the opposing teams penalty area !!!!

:P
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »
JJ was the guy who was tasked with supporting Crouch in the 4-2-3-1 we employed (with Bale and Lennon on either side of JJ).... yet he was still our best midfielder defensively in the last 30mins... far better than the 2 designated CMs Thudd and Palacios..

I can only assume that Arry didnt sub the rapidly tiring THudd cos he wanted as many 6 footers defending our penalty-box as possible...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »
What exactly does Jermaine Jenas do?

Gareth just for you, though you might like this as JJ is obviously a hero of yours take your rose tinted glasses off mate, his days are numbered !!!

:2funny:   :2funny:   :2funny:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2010, 04:45:26 PM »
thats a rather old cliched article youve dredged up therre Ugs... do try to keep up..

and yes, it looks like Jenas will soon be moving on... to some club called Juventus..

you may need to 'google' the name of the club..

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
thats a rather old cliched article youve dredged up therre Ugs... do try to keep up..

and yes, it looks like Jenas will soon be moving on... to some club called Juventus..

Gareth, we've agreed on transfer priorities, but we part ways here.  Jenas may have played well yesterday, but he's looked mediocre at best prior.  LOTS of errant and/or lazy passes in very bad places.  I think he's too inconsistent to lose any sleep over losing.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »

Oldie but a goodie, seems the whole of the Planet Spurs forum disagreed with almost everything you said about JJ too. Just thought you might like to see it again that's all !!!!
Don't worry I'm keeping up  :D 

Oops almost forgot Juve the old lady of Itailian football, most successful Italian club from Turin, nah know nothing about them !!!!
:dance:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:41:36 PM by ugs »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2010, 05:43:16 PM »
Oh sorry I know they play in Black and White stripes,   Sorry  :P