SpursNetwork

Stoke 1-2 Tottenham

Offline Lowestoft Yid

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Stoke v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
Heard the atmosphere is amazing here, so looking forward to it. Just hope the long journey will be worth it.   3 points to get the season up the running!!! 

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
How Bout

Gomes

Corluka      Dawson     Bassong       BAE

Kaboul       Palacious

Huddlestone
Lennon                                           Bale

Crouch

:nods:
I like the look of this team and i think a draw would be a good result there...but i been thinking that maybe Harry is blowing a smoke screen and maybe keane is going to play some in this game....i think Keane will be on the bench and maybe Gio also???

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 09:20:14 AM »
This is a good game for us. It will show how far we have come on from last year. We need to take something from the game if we are going to challange for anything this season.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »
TEAM NEWS  Stoke's club record signing Kenwyne Jones could be available despite limping off with an ankle problem on his debut last weekend.   Versatile forward Jon Walters is in the squad following his move from Ipswich.
Tottenham have a dearth of attacking options, with Peter Crouch their only fit striker.
Jermain Defoe and Luka Modric are out with groin strains, Robbie Keane has a knee injury, and Roman Pavyluchenko and Giovani dos Santos are also sidelined.

Taught a lesson by Young Boys in midweek, Tottenham can expect a searching examination on Saturday from an old-school team.

Stoke are unashamedly direct and physical, and will try to bully a Spurs side that crashed in Berne on their Champions League debut.
This is also a meeting between pupil and mentor; Tony Pulis was a player, captain and coach under Harry Redknapp's supervision at Bournemouth before succeeding him as manager in 1992. The pair are now firm friends, and Pulis has even bought a house close to Redknapp at an exclusive retreat in Dorset.
Stoke have been right at home in the Premier League since promotion two years ago, earning two mid-table finishes. Their victory in this fixture in October 2008 resulted in the demise of Juande Ramos at Spurs, and a new dawn under Redknapp.
Tottenham have since graduated to a place among Europe's elite; how long they stay there depends on their response to a disappointing opening week of the season.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 01:30:57 PM »
If we wont to push on and get that forth spot again we need to be beating teams like Stoke, we just need to win ugly just get the points.

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »
are Defoe, Pav and Keane really injured or just being rested for Wednesday?

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:55 PM »
line up is

Tottenham 01 Gomes 03 Bale 04 Kaboul 20 Dawson 22 Corluka 32 Assou-Ekotto 06 Huddlestone 07 Lennon 08 Jenas 12 Wilson Palacios 15 Crouch

Substitutes
27 Alnwick, 16 Naughton, 19 Bassong, 28 Walker, 21 Kranjcar, 25 Rose, 29 Livermore

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
I think we should win today

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:18 PM »
I bet you lot a veggie somosa and a bag of chips that Rose plays 2moro... :P

I want my veggie somosa and a bag of chips please :P

Offline DstarJ

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »
it will be interesting to see  who he plays today seeing as 3 of our 4 strikers are injurerd :( 
but COOOMMOOONNN UUUUUUU SPUUUUUUUUURSSSS get the 3 points we need today ladz.
also the next 2 weeks should be interesting for spurs in the transfer window as espeicially if we beat young boys middweek coomoon

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 02:45:11 PM »
I bet you lot a veggie somosa and a bag of chips that Rose plays 2moro... :P

I want my veggie somosa and a bag of chips please :P

I didnt say Rose would start, just that he'd play..... and I didnt say when I'd be paying if I lose either  :P

think Jenas will be playing as the 2nd-striker to go support Crouchy..... have a fiver on him to get 1st goal

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
Lets keep Delaps long throws at bay.COYS

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »
Why on Earth did I try to get slick in the prediction league and choose Kranjcar / Kenwyne Jones when they are both injury risks? My first impulse was Bale and Fuller - should have stuck with it!

And I take it all back regarding the sky blue kits...they look amazing  :up: The blue numbering with the white outline makes all the difference.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
WORLD CLASS !!!!!!!!! Phenomenal volley by BALE ! One of the best I've ever seen.....going crazy over here....

That young man is the TRUTH!
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »
Great goal by bale