SpursNetwork

Lazio v Tottenham

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Lazio v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
I watched the game. It was lucky that Lloris was on form. I thought things improved when Dembele came on. But he needs a few more games under his belt. Next game West Ham on Sunday.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 07:50:41 AM »
Yeah, not our best ever performance, but job almost done.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 02:16:21 PM »
In view of Lloris' performance yesterday, he will give his back four more much needed confidence and will be our regular GK for the next 8 to 10 years.

Should AVB decide to play Friedel instead this week-end, I will start asking questions!

We have soarly missed Dembele and his return is yet another bonus. All we need now is Parker, Kaboul and BAE to return and barring more injuries in between, AVB should be able to find his best 11.

Arry for the R's?  :2funny:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 04:35:07 PM »
In view of Lloris' performance yesterday, he will give his back four more much needed confidence and will be our regular GK for the next 8 to 10 years.

Should AVB decide to play Friedel instead this week-end, I will start asking questions!

We have soarly missed Dembele and his return is yet another bonus. All we need now is Parker, Kaboul and BAE to return and barring more injuries in between, AVB should be able to find his best 11.

Arry for the R's?  :2funny:

Agreed.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »
So obviously you are blaming Friedel for the defences lack of confidence, what about some of the individuals in the defence's poor performances, Gallas and Walkers for instance. Please don't try and  make Friedel the scapegoat, he alone has probably saved us from a couple of embarassing defeats with a string of quality saves, so how about paying him a bit more respect.

:nods: :nods:

:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 08:12:15 AM »
So obviously you are blaming Friedel for the defences lack of confidence, what about some of the individuals in the defence's poor performances, Gallas and Walkers for instance. Please don't try and  make Friedel the scapegoat, he alone has probably saved us from a couple of embarassing defeats with a string of quality saves, so how about paying him a bit more respect.
Who is blaming? Friedel has been great for us, but in all fairness, he is not our keeper for the next 5-10 years, and as the club brought in a world class keeper, it is obvious he needs to play. Friedel probably understands that as well.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 08:35:05 AM »
Riff, whilst I agree with you, the wording of spursjoolz quote certainly makes it look as though he feels that way, which caused me to make my observation.

:SN:[font

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »

If you read my recent posts you will see that I have never blamed Friedel for anything. Quite the opposite in fact. He has been and still is an excellent keeper and I have every respect for him.

But there is a time when things have to change and this time has come. The age gap (41 v 25) is beginning to show and will become even more apparent as the season goes. He must know that his days are numbered and I am pretty sure that he would want to move on before his 45th!! 

I believe that Lloris' performance in Rome will add confidence to our back 4 and to the team as a whole. He has shown how sharp and agile he can be and has shown a great presence behind his defenders.

Besides, the French Manager is getting restless and it's only a matter of time before he and Lloris lose patience. The last thing AVB needs is pressure from the French camp. :nope:

We have 2 great keepers, it's simply a matter of looking to the future. It simply does not make sense to wait any longer.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 01:48:30 PM »
In addition to this I would agree with some of you that, as "Gallas is getting on a bit" and has lost a little keeness :lol:, Dawson should be given a chance and tomorrow should be the day.

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »
Lloris really stepped up his game and showed what he could do here.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
Lloris really stepped up his game and showed what he could do here.

I agree. He seems to be making his position permanent. I've been very impressed with him of late.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do