SpursNetwork

Tottenham 1-1 Sunderland

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Sunderland
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 10:28:30 PM »
I've seen some poor defending from Spurs lately but that really was atrocious.

Shocking...Gallas,Kaboul and Bassong(i know he didnt play)...them 3, wouldnt get into any other top team in this league...the 3 of them are not good enough for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club...,there costing us goals..thats saturday against Bolton and tonight...How long is Daws away from a return?...we need him back badly!!

Gallas has been a really poor option i actually would prefer Bassong although a Bassong/Kaboul combo may be very scary to watch

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »
Kind of glad in a way i didnt see the game, it sounded f**king painful. I hear Bentley was useless as was pretty much everyone else. What went wrong, whos to blame? This really had to be 3 points and now were in with the pack in the middle and we will certainly drop down the table alot lower after tomorrow nights results. This is not looking good, Champions League and Injuries is really f**king our League season up.

Offline millers-tach

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 10:44:45 PM »
when we are on top we are not putting the ball in the net due to chances we should do better or just bad luck. I also thought Webb had a shocker but i could have guessed that before the game.

The problem with not getting 2 goals up is we are so poor at the back. We looked a long way away from achieving a clean sheet sometime soon.

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
2 points from a possible 12. 4 wins out of 12 games - last year we won our first 4. Blackburn next...........1-1?

1. Not enough goals coming from anywhere, VDV has scored and other than that we dont score, Modric never scores, bale has a couple, we have none from the right wing this season and Crouch has scored none.

2. When Crouch plays we play the long ball, in the second half all we did was pump it long to Crouch.

3. We cant cross a ball, we must have had 15 corners tonight and hit the first man on nearly everyone

4. We are no threat from set plays, cant remember the last time we scored from a free kick or corner.

5. Harrys substitutions are getting worse, I mean why take Pav off at HT and put on Crouch? That meant that we could not change out formation and go 442. Harry certainly has his favourites.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:57:16 PM by SomersetYiddo »

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 11:58:04 PM »
:tickedoff:

Don't know what I can say about this. We need to improve.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
I'm sure he brought Crouch on because we were doing nothing with corner after corner after corner. I think Pav picked up an injury as well.

Gallas and Kaboul seemed to be doing quite well and then they both made that dreadful mistake. GOD. Watching that put me in a foul mood.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 07:05:30 AM »
Watching it again, that goal was Kaboul fault. he was marking Gyan and just suddenly decided to leave him and go for the ball when Gallas was in a better position to go for it and wasn't marking anyone.

Can't wait for Dawson, Defoe and King to come back... we need them badly.

20 Mins Highlights posts if you haven't seen the game

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »
I hear Bentley was useless as was pretty much everyone else.
Well, you cannot expect player to set the world alight if he is only playing once in bloody six weeks.

Re: Tottenham 1-1 Sunderland
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 09:12:46 AM »
dont think bentley will get any better as he is completely lacking in pace, which restricts his options. he couldnt even get past bardsley, who is really a centre back. he also wastes possession frequently with pointless/hopeless long shots

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
get b a grip you turds.... we let in 1 feckin goal, which is normal for most teams (we also conceded 1 against Inter, but I didnt hear any complaints).... the same Gallas n Kaboul let in 1 goal against Inter...

Gallas is a great player that still has more to offer than Dawson will ever do. Dawson will NEVER be seen as anywhere near world-class... Gallas has been world-class and is not that much worse now when fit.... Kaboul is a great defender who can play RB, rightside CB mainbly, but has been asked to play leftside CB recently , which is his 3rd position for Spurs... could Dawson do anything remotely like that ??

the problem is that the lopsided 1-dimensional attack is too easily defended when teams come for a draw.... Wigan, Wolves etc have shown this for a fact...

sooner we get rid of the over-rated Modric the better.... not cos he's a bad player, but cos shoehorning him into the team leaves it very unbalanced (especially with vdV in the team too)...

vdV is the player Modric needs to be but simply cannot.... he has no penetration, physicality or shooting-power to be that player....SELL SELL SELL..

If Spurs miss Top4 this season and teams come looking for Bale..... any thoughts on what happens next, my little chickens ??

Offline millers-tach

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
get b a grip you turds.... we let in 1 feckin goal, which is normal for most teams (we also conceded 1 against Inter, but I didnt hear any complaints).... the same Gallas n Kaboul let in 1 goal against Inter...

Gallas is a great player that still has more to offer than Dawson will ever do. Dawson will NEVER be seen as anywhere near world-class... Gallas has been world-class and is not that much worse now when fit.... Kaboul is a great defender who can play RB, rightside CB mainbly, but has been asked to play leftside CB recently , which is his 3rd position for Spurs... could Dawson do anything remotely like that ??

the problem is that the lopsided 1-dimensional attack is too easily defended when teams come for a draw.... Wigan, Wolves etc have shown this for a fact...

sooner we get rid of the over-rated Modric the better.... not cos he's a bad player, but cos shoehorning him into the team leaves it very unbalanced (especially with vdV in the team too)...

vdV is the player Modric needs to be but simply cannot.... he has no penetration, physicality or shooting-power to be that player....SELL SELL SELL..

If Spurs miss Top4 this season and teams come looking for Bale..... any thoughts on what happens next, my little chickens ??

........no still just a cock.

Keep trying though cretin

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 01:58:32 PM »
I dont even read Gareths comments, because if i do its such a load of bulls**t it just gets me fustrated and angry of how much a cock he is. Cheers for putting up the highlights Biggs, looks like we made chance after chance after chance but it just wasnt falling for us last night. Its not like we were playing terrible (saturday against Bolton) its just that we were unlucky and needed to finish better. Turner and Onouha (spelling) both had decent games for Sunderland.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 05:29:18 PM »
Anyone else watching Chelsea Vs. Sunderland? I don't feel so bad about our result on Tuesday now.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
Anyone else watching Chelsea Vs. Sunderland? I don't feel so bad about our result on Tuesday now.

yeah i'm watching it now. I thought that Onouha played well against us too.

What a goal he scored tonight though. And Gyan, i wish we would have went for him

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 06:20:37 PM »
Great result! Its always good to see the Chelscum lose!