SpursNetwork

Tottenham 4-1 FC Twente

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Tottenham 4-1 FC Twente
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »
Coaches that continue to pick Jenas when fit will always have Forgotten more than most simple-minded fans (who call themselves supporters) will ever know in a lifetime.... FACT.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »
Coaches that continue to pick Jenas when fit will always have Forgotten more than most simple-minded fans (who call themselves supporters) will ever know in a lifetime.... FACT.

'Arry didn't pick him last night he only came on when we had to re shuufle after Van der Vaart was sent off......FACT

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 06:32:59 PM »
well Ugsy, that must surely mean that you are right, and therefore I am wrong... :ohyeah:

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »
Well i am sure as s**t relying on Harry knowing more than you.

I am still waiting for the time when one of your utter bollocks, made up, fishing for a reply, bulls**t of a comment is right.......i guess the wait goes on.

Dont bother mentioning my language in your reply because i couldnt give a f*ck.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2010, 10:19:46 PM »
Back on topic though....

Hutton would have sold us down the river so many times against a better team. His runs into some blind alley where he just lost the ball really became too frequent.

As a Scot i'd love to see him do well but other than the asset of his pace he gets caught wrongside and ball watching too often near our own box and doesnt deliver enough at the other end. I am not saying he is the worst player we have but in other games we would have really struggled to cover some of the lost balls.

Gomez first save brilliant, glad he is back.

Bale has some engine, he seems to be able to run and run while the composure for his goal was top class.

VDV looks different class, even if we only have him for one season i dont care i am just loving him being here (crazy fouls excluded of course).

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
we can all clearly see just how unruffled I've left you and your feathers Millers-Tache.....btw please do note the correct spelling for the word you seem to have problems with repeatedly... 8)

agree that The Hut is not ideal for regular RB duties, but until Kaboul's back we'll just have to improvise...

Hutton would actually make a very good replacement for the declining Lennon.... all the plusses of Lenny but better defensively... maybe worth entertaining a bid for Len in the summer ??...

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
Hutton would actually make a very good replacement for the declining Lennon.

:lol:

We all know Lennon is out of form, but to suggest Hutton as a replacement for him on the wing is absurd!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 05:10:36 PM »

Hutton would actually make a very good replacement for the declining Lennon

Declining? I harldy think so at 23 (not sure of his age)

Lennon is off from, he isn't getting worse - he just hasn't re-found that blistering form of last season. Once he has his confidence back he will be up there again!
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
Lennon's best form occurred when we used a right-footed LM cutting inside and the ball eventually moving to Lennon at RM to be the point of attack..... now with |Bale at LM that is happening far left as we built thru the leftside the most now.... Lennon is not great at coming inside to support the attack due to his size and poor shooting power..

also to allow THudd-Modric at CM... if Arry wants to play that.... then we need a RM coming inside to help the 2 CMs and that seems to be vdV these days...

|Bale, Lennon AND Modric in the team together..... not the most efficient, and Arry already knows this....

maybe Lennon will come back to his best after Bale leaves tho...

Offline RAOUF

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
lennon is 2 pedictable. i'd like to c bale,mod,hud, vdv behind pav for the away game in holland.