CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1991       
F.A. CUP 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991,      
LEAGUE CUP 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham 4-1 FC Twente
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »
What a game, i think as Spurs fans were on edge for the whole 90 minutes each game not knowing what the hell will happen but for neutrals we must be the most exiting team to watch! Great to see 4 goals as weve needed to net a few, cracking game shame about VDV as he will now miss our trip to the San Siro to face Inter Milan! Everyone was great, well done lads, a must needed 3 points! COYS.........YID ARMY!

Offline MalSpur

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 11:15:03 PM »
I can't do this anymore!! That was agony at times. We have such a great football team, we just lack consistency!! Pav was rubbish in the first half, fell over every time anyone was near him, always looking for a free kick which was never coming.I knew Rafa was gonna go after his first yellow, I have no complaints tho, if half the team gave as much as he does we would be unstoppable!! By the end of the game I thought everyone had done well, 4-1 will kinda do that. We deserved to win even if the 3rd pen was a bit of a gift, payback for the ar5sni1 pen last week. COYS

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 06:52:02 AM »
Well, this game certainly wasn't great but a win is a win and I'll take it anytime. I personally think the second penalty was gifted to us as the challenge was really not worth it.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 09:33:25 AM »
I think all the penalties were dubious. I also think vdv sending off was harsh. He was clearly the best player on the pitch and playing with passion and desire. It wasnt a dangerous challenge, (the second)
Some strange decisions in the game to say the least.Oh and the hudd was v-lucky to remain on the pitch so if i was a twente fan id be more than a little upset.!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
so Riffsy.... a win is a win eh and you'll take it anytime.... wow, you must be unique in the footballing world..

we were L-U-C-K-Y....... I cannot think of a more blatant example of a' hometeam-ref' in the last few years...

the same weaknesses in CM's inability to cover ground and screen the backline is still there for everyone to see, everytime they came forward.... but 'we' should still get thru to the next round at least.... thanks mainly to not having Bremen's schedule of games..

otherwise, 'we' would be the ones on 1pt and not them..... still wide open for 2 teams to go thru..

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 12:59:31 PM »
Phew!!

VDV goal was a bit nice  :D
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
so Riffsy.... a win is a win eh and you'll take it anytime.... wow, you must be unique in the footballing world..

we were L-U-C-K-Y....... I cannot think of a more blatant example of a' hometeam-ref' in the last few years...

the same weaknesses in CM's inability to cover ground and screen the backline is still there for everyone to see, everytime they came forward.... but 'we' should still get thru to the next round at least.... thanks mainly to not having Bremen's schedule of games..

otherwise, 'we' would be the ones on 1pt and not them..... still wide open for 2 teams to go thru..

Piss Off
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »
then you'll have to make do with a cup of tea instead Ugsy.... :D

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »
Phew!!

A bit nice it was a moment of beauty in an otherwise frantic game, VDV was unlucky all the way through goalkeeper just seemed to have his number. I thought Bale's goal was sublime too the pass, the acceleration past the defender and the lovely left footed slot superb, the penalties you could argue over the first two all week the third very very harsh but heh we'll take it. No doubt it will even itself up over the coming season and we'll get a dodgy one given against us somewhere and your right Huddlestone is a very lucky boy but at least he showed some fight for once. Sending off of VDV I can't argue with it it was two yellows and although neither was a real dirty tackle or foul the rules are the rules, I hope it's just the one match ban as we could do with VDV at home to Inter. The real bonus was Gomes though at least he looked like his form hasn't suffered after his little layoff !!!

I know this will get the obvious reply for a certain someone but is it just me or was Jenas playing for Twente, everytime he got the ball he played it backwards while the other 9 players were looking to push onto Twente and kill the game he kept playing negative passes?

Overall not a great performance but good enough !!
 :up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
Phew!!

is it just me or was Jenas playing for Twente, everytime he got the ball he played it backwards while the other 9 players were looking to push onto Twente and kill the game he kept playing negative passes?

YEP, a rather negative Jenas display.

Unfortunatley thats Jenas' game when his playng his inconsistant best. Backwards, sideways and to the other team. But..... he will play well again soon. Maybe he'll have a good game next month....  :tickedoff:
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »
passing sideways, backwards thereby retaining possession in a game youre leading in  -    POSITIVE

religiously 'passing' the ball forward and straight to the opposition to then take possession  -  NEGATIVE

simples innit  :up:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »
Phew!!

is it just me or was Jenas playing for Twente, everytime he got the ball he played it backwards while the other 9 players were looking to push onto Twente and kill the game he kept playing negative passes?

YEP, a rather negative Jenas display.

Unfortunatley thats Jenas' game when his playng his inconsistant best. Backwards, sideways and to the other team. But..... he will play well again soon. Maybe he'll have a good game next month....  :tickedoff:

I really do hope so Jenas has the potential to be a very good attacking option for us but just really dosen't seem to be interested always so bloody negative, it is a real shame.

:-\

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »
passing sideways, backwards thereby retaining possession in a game youre leading in  - No Scoring

religiously 'passing' the ball forward   -  Scoring and winning the game

simples innit  :up:

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 02:56:09 PM »
Jenas is Mr inconsistant, and will continue to be....FACT!
COYS!