• SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
Re: Tottenham v FC Twente
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »
FC Twente currently sit 4th in the Eredivisie, unbeaten so far this season with 3 wins and 4 draws. They have not really played any of the big teams yet apart from yesterdays draw at home to Ajax. Also a good result at home to Inter Milan which ended in a draw. Apparently the players to look out for are Brian Ruiz winger/striker i think Liverpool were in for him in the summer, Marc Janko who has a great scoring record in the league and Douglas who is a 6'3 CB and will be ther to try and stop Crouch if he plays.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »
I'm so nervous about this game  :'(

GOD WE NEEEED A WIN!
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:44:16 PM »

GOD WE NEEEED A WIN!

I agree, I'll take any kind of win tbh not bothered about the performance just want to get back to the winning habit. As soon as we can get some defenders fit it will help then we can get our first choice midfield out and actually take some of the chances we create.

We are at that point in a game of chicken when you know somethings gotta give but you just need to hold on for as long as possible before your bottle goes but not hang on too long and crash ......erm if you kind of know what I mean
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 03:55:53 PM »

GOD WE NEEEED A WIN!

We are at that point in a game of chicken when you know somethings gotta give but you just need to hold on for as long as possible before your bottle goes but not hang on too long and crash ......erm if you kind of know what I mean

errrrrmmmm..... No not really  ???  haha
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 04:34:24 PM »
TBH i not really that nervous.

I feel if we win this... we will probably lose in the league :lol:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »

GOD WE NEEEED A WIN!

I Think what I actually mean is that we need to keep playing the way we are and hold our nerve because we create chances but haven't taken very many lately, rather than trying to change things at the moment !!!!

Well I think that might be what I mean't LOL

:2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 05:24:08 PM »
No it's official UGS, you have gone insane.

Poor guy i wonder what drove you to it.  :tickedoff:

Offline bigv

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:48:55 PM »
It take a draw in this one, provided we win away to inter in the following tie  8D

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 06:07:01 PM »

GOD WE NEEEED A WIN!

I Think what I actually mean is that we need to keep playing the way we are and hold our nerve because we create chances but haven't taken very many lately, rather than trying to change things at the moment !!!!

Well I think that might be what I mean't LOL

:2funny:

Okidoki, i get ya.

I believe Harry just needs to stop swapping so many players in and out until we get some consistancy going and the players get a good run in the team.

Tiredness shouldn't play a part this early, but injuries have . I guess us having such a big squad has its pro's and con's.

The con's mainly seeing Harry trying to keep all the players happy whilst we suffer inconsistant results. He just needs to find a blend of the both. Giving the likes of Keane, Hutton etc games to get into form instead of swapping them in and out. Keane is the kind of player (when on form) who can turn game sin our favour.

Anyway, i hope Harry sticks with a simialar 11 from the weekend, but obviously playing 2 up top.

Ahh also, the change in formation we have seen this year i dont think has helped. We seem to be opperating a 4-5-1 away from home alot more (mainly for the CL)which needs more work. Basically after many seasons of really just playing 4-4-2 the players have new roles with and without the ball which they are adjusting too.

Harry will evertually get it right when we get our key personnel back!

COYS!!!

COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:59 PM »
Yeh I agree with pretty much all that Dedley and I really think the thing thats killing us at the moment is the lack of consistency at the back. I know Ledley is a superb centre half but with him only being able to play 1 game a week max it kind of stops the continuity thing happening and I think when the team is a bit unsure about the defence it tends to underperform. Actually underperform is a bad description maybe takes less risks when attacking is a better description, maybe the holding players will just sit off that extra 10 or so yards so when the ball breaks they are not in the right place to pick it up etc etc. Then we get teams breaking on us because we have gaps between midfield and the forwards and the defence is too deep we get problems. Then when get the ball back our forwards are either all back defending or miles up the field.

I'm hoping that 'Arry plays with all our most attacking options against Twente and we can pin them back in their half a midfield of Lennon, Van der Vaart, Huddlestone, Modric and Bale would be good to see but more important than anything 3 points !!!

:up:

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 01:06:28 PM »
Its a weird one this game ... you just cant know which spurs are going to turn up and if its the good Spurs in the first half  which Spurs will then come out after halftime , 90 minutes of consistently solid football would be the biggest positive in my opinion. It seems that we lose our heads for 10 minute spells ( after we score normally ) .
Also you cant question VDV quality wise but the players around him seem to have stopped having a dig themselves and are just passing to him .............. i reckon a 3 - 3 goalfest is on the cards here , bad news is im more confident about the 3 visitors goals than i am our 3 ........................ CMON HArry and co .COYS.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 01:26:17 PM »
I know why you are worried Safa.

I just have a more positive feeling than normal about tonight and hope our patched up defence can really rise to the challenge. If we have Gomes back that would be a real bonus.

Usually if i swear at Crouch enough on tv he comes up with the goods eventually.

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 01:32:38 PM »
A big plus would be King to start for us i think, when he plays we tend to up our game and he would be a big bonus with our back 4 at the moment!

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
If we dont win this one I think FA cup is the only thing to play for