• SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Leeds 1-3 Tottenham - FA Cup Replay
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:23:39 AM »

Leeds

v

Tottenham

The FA Cup - Fourth Round Replay - Wed 3rd Feb 2010 - KO 19:45 - Ground: Elland Road

TV: TBA | Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:14:46 PM by Southend_Yid »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
Re: Leeds v Tottenham - FA Cup Replay
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:28:10 PM »
This is going to be tough, Leeds will be well up for it and Elland Road on a week night is a tough place to go. Seems like bloody years ago since ive been there, driving up tomorrow lunchtime with the lads cant wait! Im going for 3-2 Spurs, Defoe first goal scorer, i know its a bit wild but i think this game will be packed with action but i hope we dont get beat!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
Patrick Kisnorbo and Neil Kilkenny face a battle to be fit for Leeds after missing out through injury on Saturday.

Max Gradel and loanees Gary McSheffrey and Shane Lowry are ineligible.

Spurs miss Roman Pavlyuchenko because of a groin injury, Ledley King is again rested, Younes Kaboul is cup-tied and Eidur Gudjohnsen is not considered.

Aaron Lennon and Benoit Assou-Ekotto are still injured so youngsters Dean Parrett (midfield) and Harry Kane (striker) are included in the squad.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »
4-3 Spurs, should be a great match to watch, Harry says he'll put out his strongest team so I expect us to line up something like this
Gomes - Charlie - Daws (c) - Seb - Bale - Bentley - Hudd - Wilson - Luka - Crouch - Defoe

Another option would be to swap Hudd or Wilson with Niko.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:06 PM »
Happy with the result, Defoe back on fire just need him to bang them in on saturday against the villa! 1st was lucky off the shin but the 2nd and 3rd were very well taken. Bentley had a great game, held onto the ball well, good passing and linking up play and some lethal balls into the box such as for the second goal. Bale was decent, he got stuck in and Krancjar was good. Bolton away next in the cup, our away record there isnt that great in recent times but we should beat them. Fair play to Leeds for taking us to a replay, showed alot of character but the better team won tonight.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Leeds 1-3 Tottenham - FA Cup Replay
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
A Jermain Defoe hat-trick earned Spurs a fifth-round FA Cup trip to Bolton as they sank Leeds in an absorbing replay.

Tottenham dominated early on and Defoe went close several times before slicing left-footed into the top corner.

But as in the first match Leeds hit back and in first-half stoppage time Luciano Becchio forced home a rebound.

Defoe had a goal ruled out for offside but flicked in a David Bentley cross and in injury time ghosted in to round the keeper and complete his treble.

When Spurs arrived at Elland Road snow was falling heavily and with Leeds having lost only twice in 21 matches at home this season the scent of an upset was evident.

But the Londoners quietened the hostile home crowd by applying an admirable work ethic to their superior technical ability and dominated for the vast majority of the contest.

The pitch looked heavy through the middle but was perfectly playable, and if anything suited Tottenham's slick passing style more.

Defoe might have scored in the second minute when an attempted header back to the goalkeeper from Andrew Hughes fell woefully short, but the England striker scuffed his shot.

The Spurs defender Sebastien Bassong found himself in a surprising amount of space on the penalty spot from Bentley's corner but scooped over when he might have had time to have controlled first.

Defoe looked dangerous whenever the visitors went forward, he should have scored when the ball deflected over the top and found him in the clear, but Casper Ankergren stood up and pushed the shot wide.

The Dane then made an even better save when a fizzing Gareth Bale cross ricocheted off a defender and wrong-footed him, but somehow he tipped it away.

Defoe was incensed when, clean through again, he fell under the challenge of Lubomir Michalik but finally he got himself on the scoresheet, and on a night of sweet strikes on goal it came with a mis-hit.

The diminutive forward pulled back away from goal to collect Bentley's cross and though his left-footed shot was skewed it sailed into the top corner.

But with Tottenham again unable to convert their chances Leeds responded valiantly and Michalik's glancing header was smartly kept out by Spurs keeper Heurelho Gomes.

The League One side were back on level terms as Jonathan Howson hooked the ball back into the six-yard box, Jermaine Beckford's volley was parried by Gomes but Becchio followed up, having moved back onside.

Tottenham started the second half in positive manner and Michael Dawson's near post header from Bentley's corner was brilliantly tipped over by Ankergren.

Bentley, playing a third match in succession for the first time in a year, was full of endeavour and after a forceful run he hit a left-footed drive, but the inspirational Ankergren was up to the task again and touched over acrobatically.

Defoe's eventful night continued when having slid in to meet Bale's cross he was correctly given offside having edged ahead of the defender, but within moments he was in the right place at the right time.

Having been well found out on the right flank by Jermaine Jenas, Bentley sent a delightful low cross into the danger area and Defoe brushed it smartly into the net.

With Bale and Bentley superb down the flanks Spurs looked certain to add a third, and Peter Crouch hit the bar with a far post header.

Unlike at White Hart Lane there was to be no late injury time drama from Leeds and it was Defoe who calmly slotted home his third treble of the season as his side marched into the next round in some style.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:01:01 AM »
I thought Bale ws poor defensively  yet good going forward. Snodgrass done him too often fro my liking. I couldnt believfe the performance from Bentley. about bloody time!!!!!! why cant he play like thiis week in week out??

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 05:38:16 PM »
Bentley is back, if this keeps up Lennon will be in deep trouble. Lennon's pace helps defoe but Bentley's final ball is even better for Defoe!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »
Bentley wont keep Lennon out the side but his final balls are great at the moment, hopefully he will put in a good performance against Villa.