SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Wigan

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Wigan
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 12:34:21 AM »
He had the opportunity to buy players in the last transfer window, whether it was his or Levy's fault that he didn't get the players he wanted who knows, there were some good buys and some ordinary ones, but I think January might be TOO late to resurrect our season. I hope that I am wrong.

:nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 12:41:50 AM »
I do not think he has to admit on National TV that he is wrong, you can also admit your mistakes by making the right selections or substitutions. Whether he does this remains to be seen. I have my doubts because as we saw at Chelski he is very stubborn man, which will prove to be to our detriment!!

::) ::) :nods: :nods:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
I think people love being cynical; we are not as bad as some spurs fans would wish us to be (so that they can strengthen their hated of our manager).

Remember people were shouting for Alex to resign from United; where would they have been if the board did so?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
VOICE,
Whilst I agree that this is his first season in charge at THFC, I was prepared to give him a chance,whilst not necessarily agreeing with his appointment, and I think 14 or 15 games is a fair chance, after watching Saturdays selections and subsequent performance and substitutions, I am now of the opinion that he is not prepared to admit that he has made mistakes with his selection decisions,and until he does we are in serious danger of not only failing to qualify for the CL but also failing to qualify for the Europa League. Now I find that an insult after the last 3 yrs.Yes we all know Harry made mistakes, but I for one after supporting SPURS for nearly 60 yrs find it very difficult to swallow and accept the crap that we are turning out under AVB.  :nope: :nope: :nope:

Unfortunately I think the reason we are getting nowhere is because we don't have the players to play his system. Ultimately we have to see who is brought in in January, and whether that works. Otherwise AVB's days will be numbered.

I agree that we need some more players; but I don't think his days are numbered at the moment. I think he will be given another season; providing we are not fighting relegation at the end of the season.

We had a squad that finish 4th, 5th then 4th again, AVB dismantled it and now we have a squad that will be lucky to stay top 8 .... and this is a good thing, this is a reason to give the man another season. If I remember rightly he did the same at Chelski and look where that got him, take off your AVB tinted glasses and look at the real picture, we have not improved nor will we under AVB !!!!!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »
We had a squad that finish 4th, 5th then 4th again, AVB dismantled it and now we have a squad that will be lucky to stay top 8 ....
Did he dismantle it? He had no say in selling Modric; if I remember rightly it was Modric who wanted to go and AVB wanted to keep him. Some of the players he wanted he couldn’t get. On top of that we’ve got 5 players out.

and this is a good thing, this is a reason to give the man another season. If I remember rightly he did the same at Chelski and look where that got him, take off your AVB tinted glasses and look at the real picture, we have not improved nor will we under AVB !!!!!!![/font][/color]

Did he? You could argue that the fruits of his planning helped capture the European cup; with a manager that worked with AVB. Good enough reason why he shouldn’t have been sacked when he was.
Please tell me this again at the end of the season; then I will apologise for my “AVB tinted glasses”. Whether I am right or wrong we should at least give him some time.

By the way; Harry believes that Spurs will finish in the top 4.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 07:54:30 AM »
Voice,
 AVB is either your love child, or you are Daniel Levy in disguise, the way that you defend AVB is extraordinary, you are obviously on Levy's payroll, I was prepared to give him a chance as I said previously, but and I repeat but, he isn't doing anything to endear himself to the Tottenham Faithful as you would have seen Sat when he substituted Defoe, it is quite obvious that the man does not have a clue. How can you defend him when he is making some very very strange decisions that are definitely not helping his popularity.Before you say it I know you don't rate Defoe but he is the in form striker, Dempsey on the other hand looks out of his depth, he is just not good enough.

AND FOR THE RECORD I DON"T GIVE A S---E whether AVB helped Chelsea Win the CL cos if he did thats another reason for me to dislike him, cos Chelsea are the reason we aren't in it or had you conveniently forgotten that small point.

??? ??? ???

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:00:47 AM by Paul Finch »

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »
Voice, AVB is either your love child, or you are Daniel Levy in disguise, the way that you defend AVB is extraordinary, you are obviously on Levy's payroll, I was prepared to give him a chance as I said previously, but and I repeat but, he isn't doing anything to endear himself to the Tottenham Faithful as you would have seen Sat when he substituted Defoe, it is quite obvious that the man does not have a clue. How can you defend him when he is making some very very strange decisions that are definitely not helping his popularity.Before you say it I know you don't rate Defoe but he is the in form striker, Dempsey on the other hand looks out of his depth, he is just not good enough. AND FOR THE RECORD I DON"T GIVE A S---E whether AVB helped Chelsea Win the CL cos if he did thats another reason for me to dislike him, cos Chelsea are the reason we aren't in it or had you conveniently forgotten that small point. ??? ??? ???

Offline RSS61

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »
If Defoe is our "on form striker" then we are in trouble.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »

Can you name another player in our Squad who has scored more Premier League Goals this season than Defoe, if you cant then I think that makes him OUR IN-FORM STRIKER does it not???

Defoe 5 goals,
 Bale 3 goals   

I rest my case

??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:21:25 AM by Paul Finch »

Offline RSS61

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 07:45:23 AM »

Can you name another player in our Squad who has scored more Premier League Goals this season than Defoe, if you cant then I think that makes him OUR IN-FORM STRIKER does it not???

Defoe 5 goals,
 Bale 3 goals   

I rest my case

??? ??? ???

After last night, I must eat humble lie !!! 3 outstanding finishes, with great build up work from Bale, Adebayor, Carrol and Lennon. Would like to see Defoe and Adebayor start more often, especially at home.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »

Defoe 5 goals,
 Bale 3 goals   

I rest my case

??? ??? ???

After last night, I must eat humble lie !!! 3 outstanding finishes, with great build up work from Bale, Adebayor, Carrol and Lennon. Would like to see Defoe and Adebayor start more often, especially at home.

Thats humble pie !!

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »
Apology accepted, I have been advocating that AVB should be playing both Defoe and Adebayor for most of the season, maybe just maybe he will start them both against Man City this week but I will be very surprised if he does, he is just as likely to play Dempsey instead of one of them.!!

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »
Obviously Voice has lost his or is Defoe your hero now??

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »

Defoe 5 goals,
 Bale 3 goals   

I rest my case

??? ??? ???

Thats humble pie !!
Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame, set at gas mark egg on your face.

(from The IT Crowd)

:grin:

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 11:51:06 AM »
Again you make little or NO sense Riff