v
____

Wigan

Barclays Premier League - 3rd Nov  - KO 15:00  - Ground: White Hart Lane

Offline Yiddite

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Wigan
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »
Hope we start with  both Defoe and Adebayor .

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »
Again we started with Defoe and Dempsey and again it didn't work, when will he realise that Dempsey is not a FWD, at best he should be on the BENCH, for GODS SAKE when will you swallow your pride and admit you are wrong and start with Defoe and Adebayour you Portugese Muppet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
:SN:[font

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
Again we started with Defoe and Dempsey and again it didn't work, when will he realise that Dempsey is not a FWD, at best he should be on the BENCH, for GODS SAKE when will you swallow your pride and admit you are wrong and start with Defoe and Adebayour you Portugese Muppet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Here here well said that man, and also maybe you could admit that your not a tactical genius seeing as you couldn't suss out Wigan today..... you portugese Numpty !!!!!!
(At least 'Arry would of got the side to run around and score some goals !!!..... 'Arry's tactics were never rocket science but boy they were enteraining and reasonably successful !!!!)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
All top clubs get beaten by lower clubs occasionally. Even though Spurs had 5 players missing I thought they battled well and were unlucky not to score. It is too early to criticise AVB. I will give my opinion of him at the end of the season. Hopefully we will get our injured players back soon.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
No we did not battle well...sorry. That was the most flaccid, impotent performance I have seen from Spurs in 40 years.
There was nothing positive to be gleaned from such a poor game. Our tactics seem to be that every time we didn't get the ball or a pass went astray to stand there waving our arms about as if it was someone else s fault.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »
All top clubs get beaten by lower clubs occasionally. Even though Spurs had 5 players missing I thought they battled well and were unlucky not to score. It is too early to criticise AVB. I will give my opinion of him at the end of the season. Hopefully we will get our injured players back soon.

I don't know what game you watched but it sure as hell wasn't the same one as me, take those AVB tinted glasses off and join the rest of us in the real world !!!!!

8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »
Yep, one lost game and the "doom and gloomers" are back. Funny how quiet they are when we win! Sados!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »

I don't know what game you watched but it sure as hell wasn't the same one as me, take those AVB tinted glasses off and join the rest of us in the real world !!!!!

8D
Get real! This is his first season. I'll judge him at the end of the season. I suggest you open your eyes and try to understand a bit more about how football works.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
VOICE,
Whilst I agree that this is his first season in charge at THFC, I was prepared to give him a chance,whilst not necessarily agreeing with his appointment, and I think 14 or 15 games is a fair chance, after watching Saturdays selections and subsequent performance and substitutions, I am now of the opinion that he is not prepared to admit that he has made mistakes with his selection decisions,and until he does we are in serious danger of not only failing to qualify for the CL but also failing to qualify for the Europa League. Now I find that an insult after the last 3 yrs.Yes we all know Harry made mistakes, but I for one after supporting SPURS for nearly 60 yrs find it very difficult to swallow and accept the crap that we are turning out under AVB.  :nope: :nope: :nope:

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
Incidentally, I have supported this club through the good times and the bad times, so I am not a fairweather supporter. :( :(   :nods: :nods:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 12:54:54 PM »
VOICE,
Whilst I agree that this is his first season in charge at THFC, I was prepared to give him a chance,whilst not necessarily agreeing with his appointment, and I think 14 or 15 games is a fair chance, after watching Saturdays selections and subsequent performance and substitutions, I am now of the opinion that he is not prepared to admit that he has made mistakes with his selection decisions,and until he does we are in serious danger of not only failing to qualify for the CL but also failing to qualify for the Europa League. Now I find that an insult after the last 3 yrs.Yes we all know Harry made mistakes, but I for one after supporting SPURS for nearly 60 yrs find it very difficult to swallow and accept the crap that we are turning out under AVB.  :nope: :nope: :nope:

Unfortunately I think the reason we are getting nowhere is because we don't have the players to play his system. Ultimately we have to see who is brought in in January, and whether that works. Otherwise AVB's days will be numbered.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
VOICE,

AVB's selection was forced upon him. If you are talking about Defoe; I think is overrated.

The trouble with admitting mistakes on TV it gets twisted around and the boo boys will just use it against him. I wouldn't admit on national TV that I had made a mistake.

All supporters should give him to the end of the season before commenting.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 05:51:10 PM »
Incidentally, I have supported this club through the good times and the bad times, so I am not a fairweather supporter. :( :(   :nods: :nods:

As I have and I have seen some crap at White Hart lane.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 05:52:45 PM »
VOICE,

Unfortunately I think the reason we are getting nowhere is because we don't have the players to play his system. Ultimately we have to see who is brought in in January, and whether that works. Otherwise AVB's days will be numbered.

I agree that we need some more players; but I don't think his days are numbered at the moment. I think he will be given another season; providing we are not fighting relegation at the end of the season.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do