« on: October 21, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »

Tottenham
van der Vaart '21
____

1-1
____

Everton
Baines '17

Barclay's Premier League - Sat 23rd Aug - KO 12:45 GMT - Ground: White Hart Lane

Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 1 Everton [matchhighlight.com] :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Everton [matchhighlight.com] :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:43:57 PM by Biggs »

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Everton
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:31:04 PM »
Dutch playmaker Rafael van der Vaart is likely to   return to the Tottenham line-up after missing the game at Inter Milan   through suspension.
Spurs could also welcome back Younes Kaboul after a hamstring injury, but Ledley King remains sidelined with a groin problem.
Everton will be without Leon Osman, who has been ruled out for up to six weeks with an ankle injury.
But Steven Pienaar and Louis Saha are on the road to recovery and may return.

Taught a lesson at the San Siro, Tottenham face another close   examination on Saturday when a resurgent Everton visit White Hart Lane.
Gareth Bale's stunning second-half hat-trick at Inter Milan turned a   night of embarrassment into a glorious failure for Spurs, but a failure   nonetheless, and Harry Redknapp will be anxious his side are not caught   napping again in this lunch-time kick-off.
Everton have finally   woken up from their early season slumber and confirmed their revival   with a morale-boosting derby win over Liverpool on Sunday. David Moyes's   men are unbeaten in three and would climb to sixth, temporarily at   least, with victory here.
Goals, however, remain a problem for   the Merseyside club. They have scored in only four of their eight   Premier League games, and Moyes must be concerned about his side's   over-reliance on Tim Cahill - the Australian midfielder is responsible   for half of their eight league goals this season.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
Its on sky sports 2 just incase anyone didn't know

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:37:19 AM »
Just seen team news Everton are missing a few... hopefully Kaboul will be back for us. JUst hope we don't have a hangover from Wednesday can't afford to let the others get away at the top !!!

COYS
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »
Everton are are good solid side who after a disasterous start finally putting some results together. We need to give everything today. Yes they are missing a few which will help, but so are we. Get the ball out wide early to Bale and Lennon and let them run at them (hopefully) make them cause a few mistakes.

We have the players to beat them, and being at home im confident of the win. Brilliant to see that VDV will be back...we might just need some dutch magic.... :up:
COYS!

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »
COME ON VDV.
YOU'RE THE MAN.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »
Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, BAE, Bale, Palacios, VDV, Modric, VDV, Crouch

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »
Fingers crossed they might be missing pienaar, arteta, fellaini and osman - if so we have no excuse not to win as we have fresh modric, vaartman, wilson and possibly kaboul, pav and sandro to step in (not to mention corluka, bentley etc). I would be tempted also start krankie ahead of bale and bring gareth on for the last 30. I know he is a phenomenon and wants to play all the time but I would be wary of burning him out. Also krankie will get cranky if he doesnt get a start sooner or later. This is what we have a huge squad for! 3 - 1 (hopefully)

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, BAE, Bale, Palacios, VDV, Modric, VDV, Crouch

if only we had two vdv's!!!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 12:05:41 PM »
So VDV playing off Crouch again which has been working very well for us recently! Palacios plays because apparently Harry bumped into him and his mother out shopping and she told him that he must play whilst she is over in the UK to see him! He must prove himself and fight for his place in the team and put in a performance. Hopefully Modric returns to his best and Gallas must put in a better performance after wednesday night. Everton are a good side and this will be very tough! YID ARMY

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »
paul62ok - If only mate! Cheers for pointing that one out, i forgot Lennon!!!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »
ESPN2 in HD for the fans in the States this morning! I'm hoping for a rout.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »
highlights posted  :up:

Offline SomersetYiddo

Re: Tottenham 1-1 Everton
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »
Jesus Christ Harry needs to give Bale a rest, the lad is running on empty and has to be given a day off to recover like Huddlestone did today. I would have given Krancjar a run out to replace Palacios, Palacios was giving it his all and made some great tackles and broke play up but after that yellow card it was the right idea to take him off. Lennon was great as was Hutton, putting in some really nice crosses. Modrics defensive work was brilliant and Lennons tracking back was good to see. I think that we should have won that game but early second half we looked very tired and sluggish and uncreative. Everton are a decent team though so i guess i will settle for a point but a bit disappointed. COYS

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
Re: Tottenham 1-1 Everton
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 04:03:39 PM »
I had a feeling we would lose so in my mind it was almost a point gained. For some strange reason they have a decent record at WHL and similarly we do at Goodison.

I thought the ref was pretty poor on a good few occations but that is probably just my Spurs glasses. For a team that take flack for how they play Everton knocked the ball around really well. For half an hour in the first half it was an excellent game, end to end, pace, passing and some good individual play on both sides.

Thought we were going to win it in the end, shame we didnt but i am pleased yet again we stuck together and put on a show albeit a tired one at the end.

Thought Lennon looked better and he did a lot of good work against Baines? Crouch missed a couple and didnt hold it as well as he sometimes can. Gallas looks very off the pace and i am not too sure if that is match practice or just older legs.

Modders, BAE and to a degree Sandro all performed very well.