Werder Bremen 2-2 Tottenham

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Werder Bremen 2-2 Tottenham
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 02:55:10 PM »
After sleeping on it and thinking about the match that was actually a very good result away from home. First half we were sublime and I think we could of lived with anyone playing like that, but once again silly errors cost us points and games.

BAE is becoming a bit of a liability at LB lately firstly he boots the ball all the way across the pitch and gives away a throw level with our 6 yard line for no apparant reason. Then from the resulting ball played into the box fails to even attempt a challenge on the forward who nodded in the ball, OK not all the blame goes to him Cudicini could have done more but again a goal against us when we were comfortably controlling the game. The second goal was a great bit of individual play by Marin but I thought the defence could of got out to him a lot quicker to try and block the shot instead they backed off (especially Corluka) and allowed the lad a shot.

As for Jenas he was Ok in the first half but how long are we going to keep playing him, he goes missing far too much in games and when he does get the ball it's always a backwards or sideways pass. I know hindsight is a great thing but maybe playing Kaboul in midfield instead of Jenas and Bassong at the back would of given us a better chance.

Like I say a good result especially with only 2 thirds of the team really playing at their best bring on Twente at home !!!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Berliner FC Dynamo

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »
After sleeping on it and thinking about the match that was actually a very good result away from home. First half we were sublime and I think we could of lived with anyone playing like that, but once again silly errors cost us points and games.

BAE is becoming a bit of a liability at LB lately firstly he boots the ball all the way across the pitch and gives away a throw level with our 6 yard line for no apparant reason. Then from the resulting ball played into the box fails to even attempt a challenge on the forward who nodded in the ball, OK not all the blame goes to him Cudicini could have done more but again a goal against us when we were comfortably controlling the game. The second goal was a great bit of individual play by Marin but I thought the defence could of got out to him a lot quicker to try and block the shot instead they backed off (especially Corluka) and allowed the lad a shot.

As for Jenas he was Ok in the first half but how long are we going to keep playing him, he goes missing far too much in games and when he does get the ball it's always a backwards or sideways pass. I know hindsight is a great thing but maybe playing Kaboul in midfield instead of Jenas and Bassong at the back would of given us a better chance.

Like I say a good result especially with only 2 thirds of the team really playing at their best bring on Twente at home !!!!

:up: :up: :up:

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 03:55:10 PM »

Cudicini should have came out and took the whole lot of them....man and ball....Gomes would have!!..Cudicini is not brave enough in them situations...defenders want their keeper to come and deal with balls into the box like that...saying that BAE has to hold his hand up also....i agree he is becoming a liability.

I thought Jenas
had a good game considering he hasn't be playing that much....Hudds faded badly after a hour(which is the norm for him)..we got away with it last night but we wont get away with it up against better teams....Palacios should have be on for Hudds well before he came on for Azza(who had a poor game too).

Bassong is not the answer..i would drive him away from the Lane myself....Kaboul is a better option and better player than Bassong..Kaboul had a decent game i though.

I cant believe Crouch put that chance wide late on..he's usually decent in a position like that...you would have taken the draw before the game started..its just a bit disappointing being two up and not getting the win but we will learn from it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:56:42 PM by Derry-Yid »
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."