SpursNetwork

Werder Bremen 2-2 Tottenham

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Werder Bremen v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »
Ich bin hier, morgen Abend, und würde ein Unentschieden zu schätzen wissen. Schade , dass einige Spieler sind verletzt . Sorry für mein Englisch , ich bin aus Deutschland.
Anhören
Umschrift
Wörterbuch - Detaillierten Wörterbucheintrag anzeigenNomen0.Ego0.SelfPronomen0.I0.Me0.Myself
Please try to write in English. I'm sure people here understand broken English rather than German.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 11:52:17 PM »
Our German friend said the following:                         I'm here, tomorrow evening, and a draw would appreciate. Too bad that some players are injured. Sorry for my English, I am from Germany.

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »
On the official site it says that Harry will see how VDV and Gallas both feel because they both played there first 90 minutes since the world cup and were shattered from saturday, but i expect VDV to play because his knowledge and CL experience is vital tomorrow. Modric will say if he can play because Harry doesnt want him to get nailed and be a long term absentee, it says that he is the only person who can say how his leg feels. By 10 o clock tomorrow night i want to be a very proud Tottenham fan. Yid Army!!!!!

Offline Berliner FC Dynamo

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
Thank you for the translation @SomersetYiddo! I become to me strives itself give with my English!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
I'm getting so excited for this game now... even know i think it will be a stale mate, both sides looking not to lose rather than going for the win

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
All I ask is for a good performance and for us not to freeze on the big stage, a win would be nice but I'll take a draw. The one thing I really hope and pray for is we don't get a good shafting because that could throw everything up in the air and ruin so much.

I kind of hope that we go and play solid for the first 20-30 mins and get a feel for the game then decide wether we can open them up, they are at home so they will have to come at us. This gives us the chance to hit em on the break with Lennon and Bale and hopefully they will leave big gaps as they chase the game at home against a team they would look at as a direct rival for second place in the group !!!

COYS

:ohyeah:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »
Palacios' passing inadequacies really are trumped-up charges.... even in the Wigan game where he made 2 errors thru over-confidence with cross-field passes intercepted, the VAST MAJORITY of his passing, sometimes 1-2 touch only, were not just okay but exquisite.... before that I too fell into the conventional trap of thinking he was a bad passer of a ball...

errors thru over-confidence are BY FAR the most easiest to eradicate as it just needs a player to be more conservative in his judgement.... the same with BAE sometimes...

unlike a Dawson whose far more frequent near-fatal errors are a constant danger in at least 1 match in 2.... the guy really just can't help it....

"Most easiest?"  Please hand in your grammar cop badge. 

I don't care whether it's considered "conventional" or not, Palacios' passing sucks.  Sometimes conventional wisdom became conventional because it's true.  It isn't just the passes across the middle of the of the defense that are frequently too soft, it's the passes forward that seem to be to no one in particular.  I'm not a Dawson defender, but his issues seem to be a result of slow white boy-itis.  Palacios has bad aim and bad/inconsistent touch.  Both players need to improve, but their issues are different.

Offline GingerPele

• Hero: Lineker
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
I think we would all be happy with point this evening. Bremen are a decent side with some very good players. We will need to be completely focused for the full 90mins. Both sides are missing some big players so hopefully Crouch will have another big game for us.

A lot of fans are moaning about the form of Sgt Wilson, however I really feel that away from home in Europe he will be vital to our hopes of getting out of the group and into the knockout stages.

Cant wait now, just under 4 hours to K.O

COYS!!!

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »
Time to crack open my 1st tinnie before heading to the pub for this one.
Getting nervous for this one, think it's coz i've waited so long for Us to be in this great comp. As has been said were both missing some big names, i just hope we can great through this tough game with at least a point. If we play well there's no doubt we'll take all 3 !!!
 :coys:

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
Yid Aaaarmy!

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »
Come on you spurs, lets put in a quality performance tonight. Though i would expect harry to be happy with a point.

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »

Werder Bremen
____

v
____

Tottenham

UEFA Champions League Group A - Tue 14th Aug - KO 19:45 GMT - Ground: Weserstadion

Got to get at least a draw tonight hoping for for a 2-1 win to the yids, would be very nice shut up a few gooners as well

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 06:55:18 PM »
Look out, it's Gareth Keown's dream lineup! Spurs XI according to Sky:

Cudicini
Corluka              King               Kaboul           BAE
                    Jenas                    Huddlestone
       Lennon                  VDV                           Bale
                                   Crouch

Actually, I'm ok with this. I think Jenas can do well.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »
I'm surprised at Kaboul getting the nod over Bassong...I just thought bassong was higher in the pecking order than Kaboul.

Oh well, im not fussed either way, i think thats a strong team. I think the slower pace of the CL suits Jenas and Hudds

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »
Make me a proud Spurs fan tonight lads, go out there play with spirit and determination and bring back at least a point for us! YID ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!