« on: September 12, 2010, 10:45:42 AM »

Werder Bremen
Almeida 43 Marin 47
____

2-2
____

Tottenham
Pasanen 12(og) Crouch 18

UEFA Champions League Group A - Tue 14th Aug - KO 19:45 GMT - Ground: Weserstadion

÷ÅÒÄÅÒ - ôÏÔÔÅÎÈÜÍ èÏÔÓÐÕÒ - 2:2 :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube

14-09-2010 - Werder Bremen 2-2 Tottenham H. Highlights :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:53:24 AM by Biggs »

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Werder Bremen v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »
starting XI: Cudicini, Corluka, King, Bassong, BAE, Lennon, THudd, Palacios, Bale, vdV, Crouch subs: Pletikosa, Kaboul, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pav, Keane, Dos Santos

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 01:01:20 PM »
I would honestly start with Crouch and Keane up front in a 4-4-2. Crouch has some good Champions League experience and he always turns up and performs well in big games. This will be very hard i reckon, Bremen are a decent side and always have good runs in European competitions it seems. Palacios at the moment is really off the boil so i think i would start Krancjar in the middle next to Huddlestone to add some creativity. Good to have King back for Tuesday after being rested. Tough game, but this is what the Champions League is about!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
hmm it's a hard one....i think away in the CL we need to pack the midfield so we can get a draw at least.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »
According to the news on the official site, Modric has not broken anything in his foot and will travel to Bremen with the rest of the squad.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 06:46:56 PM »
Palacios was s**te ??..... did you see THudd in the 2nd half and the acres of space he was leaving cos he couldnt shift his legs faster than a 4yr old after 60mins ??.... Palacios is deffo becoming the scapegoat of the team now, and is constantly used to allow the sheep on the stands to turn a blind eye to their more favoured players like Hudd..

we wont use a 4-4-2 with Keano n Crouch.... if anything vdV will deffo play cos of his extensive CL experience AND playing many games in the Bundesliga..

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
I think VDV and Crouch are dead certs to play for this one.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »
Palacios at the moment is really off the boil so i think i would start Krancjar in the middle next to Huddlestone to add some creativity.

Palacois cant cover everywhere mate. He had a difficult job tracking their attacking threats when Hudd tired. Hudd should have been back to break up the play too. Defending well comes from defending as a team. Hudd didn't seem to have the fitness to last a full 90mins tracking back with Sgt Wilson in the 2nd half.

COYS!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »
This is a chance for us to put down a real marker in this group,lets show the other teams we mean business..we can go here and win!....Bremen are pretty poor defensively..add in the fact that their two first choice centre backs Mertesacker and Naldo are out injured....that puts things in our favour already.

If we can get through the first 20 minutes...silence the crowd....get our passing game going..i just think we will have to much for them.

Roll on tomorrow night! 
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »
if THudd plays, we better be 2 up by 60mins or we will be be done up like a kipper.... the guy goes to pot lately fitness-wise around that time.... but dont worry, you can always put the blame on Palacios (even if its 1 CM versus 3 60min-90min)...

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
Palacios at the moment is really off the boil so i think i would start Krancjar in the middle next to Huddlestone to add some creativity.

Palacois cant cover everywhere mate. He had a difficult job tracking their attacking threats when Hudd tired. Hudd should have been back to break up the play too. Defending well comes from defending as a team. Hudd didn't seem to have the fitness to last a full 90mins tracking back with Sgt Wilson in the 2nd half.

Palacios does well defending.  Unfortunatley, once he's won the ball we can't call timeout to let someone else come get the ball and pass it for him.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 04:32:04 PM »
Palacios' passing inadequacies really are trumped-up charges.... even in the Wigan game where he made 2 errors thru over-confidence with cross-field passes intercepted, the VAST MAJORITY of his passing, sometimes 1-2 touch only, were not just okay but exquisite.... before that I too fell into the conventional trap of thinking he was a bad passer of a ball...

errors thru over-confidence are BY FAR the most easiest to eradicate as it just needs a player to be more conservative in his judgement.... the same with BAE sometimes...

unlike a Dawson whose far more frequent near-fatal errors are a constant danger in at least 1 match in 2.... the guy really just can't help it....

Offline bigv

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
Hmmm dont know how i feel this is gonna go tbh. Will i admit that we could be given a lesson in european football as we were against young fellas or will i let my eternal optimism coupled with the usual self placating excuses conjured up by football fans to appease themselves with regard to their team's traditional failings  on the pitch? It could be a case of either situation and either end result. I do hope we field the strongest team possible and take it to the germans. God how long have i waited to say that. spurs in europe at the big time. Main consolation for me is KIngs inclusion, we really don't concede damn all when he plays. Its going to be an exciting night tomorrow. I cant f**king wait!!!!!

C.O.Y.S F.F.S!!!!!!! :lol:

Offline Berliner FC Dynamo

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
Ich bin hier, morgen Abend, und würde ein Unentschieden zu schätzen wissen. Schade , dass einige Spieler sind verletzt . Sorry für mein Englisch , ich bin aus Deutschland.
Anhören
Umschrift
Wörterbuch - Detaillierten Wörterbucheintrag anzeigenNomen0.Ego0.SelfPronomen0.I0.Me0.Myself
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:11:07 PM by Berliner FC Dynamo »

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »
Come on Tottenham, give us a performance to make us proud!

Yiiiid ARRMMMY!
COYS!