SpursNetwork

Spurs to sell to gain.

Offline Spursx

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Spurs to sell to gain.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »
I was a fan of Harry's, but since then I've read a lot about him and I am not surprised that he is now out of football. The only big club to have taken him on was Spurs, and look at the way he treated them. He focused on the England job over Spurs and that is unforgiveable. He was and is a Geezer, that is all. Our problems started before he joined us, but continued with Harry and those that followed.

I go long with RSS61 and give Poch 2 or 3 years. In today's society that is all we can and should give a manager. Especially a club like Spurs. I am also hoping that we are still in for a striker. We can't expect Harry kane to be the only experienced striker at the club.

Offline Badger501

• Hero: George Best
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »
I see some of what voice is saying but I really don't get the hype about abandoning White Hart Lane. Am I the only one who thinks we should stay? It has now become the trend for clubs to just ditch their historic and (by me anyway) treasured home grounds. People may say that it is progress but I disagree. Twickenham was re-developed into a magnificent international stadium right on the ground it stood, without being closed. We should do the same at the Lane. I dread to think what the new ground will be called "D W sports Arena" or something equally toe curling! Anyway, back to this thread. We should concentrate on the football, not the pitch/ capacity. I have no problem with Poch, I think he's a good manager. If you're happy playing second fiddle to Ars*nal then I am baffled. We shouldn't have any problem regarding money, Lewis has got pots of it, he just doesn't want to part with it. That's why Levy is his rep, he's under orders to make do and not spend any more than necessary. Well, football is a rich man's hobby and if you go into it thinking you can turn a profit, then you're in the wrong business. I love spurs, and I'm a life long fan. I used to go and watch Chivers, Gilzean and good old Ralph Coates and kept going right up until I moved away. The thing I loved most was the style of football we played. That is not the case now. We play mostly dull, sideways football and we've forgotten how to break quickly. Sadly Ars*nal now play the style of football that we used to (I know it's heresy to say that on here) and their fans get to watch top class players. We used to be neck and neck with them but now they are streets ahead. The difference is managerial stability coupled with owners who shell out for real talent. We need to spend big and we need 3/4 world class players before we can compete. If anyone thinks a new stadium is the answer, I'd like to know how?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 07:27:02 PM »
I see some of what voice is saying but I really don't get the hype about abandoning White Hart Lane. Am I the only one who thinks we should stay? It has now become the trend for clubs to just ditch their historic and (by me anyway) treasured home grounds. People may say that it is progress but I disagree. Twickenham was re-developed into a magnificent international stadium right on the ground it stood, without being closed. We should do the same at the Lane. I dread to think what the new ground will be called "D W sports Arena" or something equally toe curling! Anyway, back to this thread. We should concentrate on the football, not the pitch/ capacity. I have no problem with Poch, I think he's a good manager. If you're happy playing second fiddle to Ars*nal then I am baffled. We shouldn't have any problem regarding money, Lewis has got pots of it, he just doesn't want to part with it. That's why Levy is his rep, he's under orders to make do and not spend any more than necessary. Well, football is a rich man's hobby and if you go into it thinking you can turn a profit, then you're in the wrong business. I love spurs, and I'm a life long fan. I used to go and watch Chivers, Gilzean and good old Ralph Coates and kept going right up until I moved away. The thing I loved most was the style of football we played. That is not the case now. We play mostly dull, sideways football and we've forgotten how to break quickly. Sadly Ars*nal now play the style of football that we used to (I know it's heresy to say that on here) and their fans get to watch top class players. We used to be neck and neck with them but now they are streets ahead. The difference is managerial stability coupled with owners who shell out for real talent. We need to spend big and we need 3/4 world class players before we can compete. If anyone thinks a new stadium is the answer, I'd like to know how?

It is not just about ditching the stadium, but the seating capacity and a more modern stadium for the new modern era. Maybe they are streets ahead because of their capacity.

Once we start getting that extra capacity then we can start playing the players the same wages as the top 4 clubs. As I have stated before; we are where we should be, a top 6th club. That extra cash can make all the difference. Of course it doesn't end there. We need the right manager and the right players.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.