SpursNetwork

why o why

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
why o why
« on: May 18, 2007, 03:06:15 PM »
The recent post regarding Teddy possibly becoming a coach at spurs got me thinking...

Before BMJ took over as our Manager, we all remember a certain Jacques Santini, the so called "manager" who was named our new boss after Hoddle resigned!
Santini of course only lasted around for 8 games before leaving us at the dizzy height of 14th in the league, due to personal problems and not being able to speak bloody English!!!!

Anyway....

I was thinking back to the time before we all knew Santini was to be our new manager, and came up with this question...

Once the bored had decided that Jacques Santini would be the man to manage the team even before the then current season had finished, why did they never annonce the new managers name till later that year, a good 4/5 months after the bored had decided and Santini had signed??
All we heard was "we have a new manager but the club aren't going to release his name yet"

Any thoughts or suggestions why??

COYS!!!!!!!!
COYS!

why o why
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »
I have no idea. :g:
----------------

why o why
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »
No clue or idea what so ever but it's got me thinking too, It's personal reasons I think.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 06:11:36 PM by Dj Frisky »

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
why o why
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »
Maybe they were lying and hadn't actually got a new manager until a few weeks before. :dunno:

Or maybe cause he was already managing a team (French national team) he asked spurs not to announce anything yet.

why o why
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 06:09:57 PM »
It was probably something to do with "legal reasons" but no idea what myself!