SpursNetwork

'IF'

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
'IF'
« on: August 31, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
IF is a very big word; but here goes. IF Spurs can capture Berahino and Wanyama I think that Spurs will have a good squad and could challenge for major honours. I can’t see any team, apart from City, that is going to be a big threat in the Premier league (as things stand now).

Of course, getting that team together is only half of the formula. The ‘IF’ comes in; IF Pochettino can get them into a hard working machine. Pochettino has talked about systems and working as one. He is right, but can he do it? So far I’ve been happy with him.

What do others think?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: 'IF'
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
I think you're being naive thinking that Manchester United, Ars*nal, Chelsea and Liverpool won't get in gear. Add surprise-packages like Swansea, Crystal Palace and maybe Stoke, and I think we're very likely to get beaten by all of the above and with Berahino and Wanyama and without.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:34:29 PM »
I think you're being naive thinking that Manchester United, Ars*nal, Chelsea and Liverpool won't get in gear. Add surprise-packages like Swansea, Crystal Palace and maybe Stoke, and I think we're very likely to get beaten by all of the above and with Berahino and Wanyama and without.

Of course I would be naïve to believe it; that is why I said "if" and "as things stand at the moment". Maybe every month we should reassess the situation and add our opinion. After all, I put this up for a bit of fun, and hopefully others will jump in. However, and saying all that, I think you are being a bit cynical to say we will get beaten by those you quoted.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 07:24:30 PM »
It's always IF's BUT's & Maybe's with Tottenham. :D

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 07:56:51 PM »
With 22 hours remaining of the TW I would like to see us bring in a goal scoring midfield player or a general leader, I still think we have no backbone in the team, someone to round up the troops and keep the heads up and keep them focused, we have spent enough on the back but its time to bring back the good feel factor of exciting players that lift us the fans, this then gets us into believing we have a good team and so start sharing it by shouting our lungs out" COME ON YOU SPURS" :D

SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »
It's always IF's BUT's & Maybe's with Tottenham. :D

It never used to be that way, and it doesn't have to be that way. Be positive and think of us winning the double this year, next year or even in the Twilight Zone, but at least think of it :lol: :lol: ;)
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 10:00:04 AM »
I agree with what was said earlier, that there are too many 'if's' with Spurs of late. We need a game plan and build for the future. Too much changing around at the moment. Over the years we've gone through too many managers.

Jane x

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »
Building a new stadium will determine how much we spend on transfers. At the same time we must fill that stadium and to do so we have to challenge for top honours.  :hide: :hide: :tickedoff:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 08:32:12 AM »
I agree with what was said earlier, that there are too many 'if's' with Spurs of late. We need a game plan and build for the future. Too much changing around at the moment. Over the years we've gone through too many managers.

Jane x

Hi Jane

I actually think we now do have a game plan. Levy appears to be learning from his previous errors. He has installed a young and progressive manager, who is prepared to give all our young, home grown players a chance to play in the first team. He has allowed Poch to bring in Paul Mitchell as chief scout, and got rid of Baldini. Poch has gone some way to addressing the defensive problems that have dogged us for many years. Lastly the new stadium appears to be underway, which will pave the way for future success. All he needs to do now is leave Poch in place for the next 4 years at least. Sounds like a plan to me.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »

Jane x

Hi Jane

I actually think we now do have a game plan. Levy appears to be learning from his previous errors. He has installed a young and progressive manager, who is prepared to give all our young, home grown players a chance to play in the first team. He has allowed Poch to bring in Paul Mitchell as chief scout, and got rid of Baldini. Poch has gone some way to addressing the defensive problems that have dogged us for many years. Lastly the new stadium appears to be underway, which will pave the way for future success. All he needs to do now is leave Poch in place for the next 4 years at least. Sounds like a plan to me.

At least Pochettino knows this and his first buys were defenders. Apart from the Stoke game our defence has been quite good. And don’t forget that they are new together so they need so many games to knit into a working machine. But I agree with you. Levy now needs to stick with our manager and steadily build.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »
IF

If levy decides to keep Poc and not sack him if results don't come thick & fast from now on. The sack race is on and Poc is in there at 12/1.

I am not blaming Levy but who knows what he is thinking!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 08:24:41 AM »
IF

If levy decides to keep Poc and not sack him if results don't come thick & fast from now on. The sack race is on and Poc is in there at 12/1.

I am not blaming Levy but who knows what he is thinking!

For once, I think that Levy will stick with Poch, through thick and thin. I noticed one thing at the final against Chelsea. As Poch was walking off the pitch at the end, he looked at Levy and shrugged, as if to say we did our best, and came up short. Levy's look said that he agreed, and that for me signifies that there is a bond, a common agreement between the two of them.
If Levy were to sack him prematurely, then he would look very stupid, and be finally admitting that he didn't have a clue. Can't see that happening again somehow.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
What worries me more with spurs is poch deciding he can`t put up with levy anymore and walking.I can see that happening just as easily as him being sacked.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 03:55:07 PM »
What worries me more with spurs is poch deciding he can`t put up with levy anymore and walking.I can see that happening just as easily as him being sacked.

Levy knows that he can't keep sacking managers; it will make the club unstable and then nobody will want to come here, that is player or manager (and would anybody also want to invest in this club?). Of course, if we are struggling at the bottom of the league then things might change.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Don

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
Bill Nicholson was with us a few years before building his team. His first match in charge and we beat Everton 10-2, I think was the score. Of course he couldn't achieve that every week, but he built a cup and double winning team. Managers need time to weave their magic. Sacking somebody within months or over a year doesn't help anybody. Directors should do more research before leaping into the unknown.

Don