SpursNetwork

'We looked like the away team'

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
'We looked like the away team'
« on: October 28, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »
AVB was not happy with the atmosphere at WHL against Hull. Is he justified to make this statement? How do you feel about him condemning the lack of passion from the crowds? Saying that the [players had to do it themselves. I have been to WHL against many of our rivals and would say the atmosphere is one of the best in the league. But we need to be able to raise our performance against the 'lesser' sides as well. It is no good us complaining that we struggle against these sides that park the bus and we need to be able to break them down, when the crowds seem to come half interested. Is it a case that now we are a better side, we are taking for granted a win against sides like Hull?

Or has AVB got it wrong? Is it the style of play and the excitement and amazing football, which is the catalyst to get the crowds going?

I am not making judgement as I was not at the game, but would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks.
 :)
Maybe next year...

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: 'We looked like the away team'
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »
Well of course the crowd is going to be nervous till we get a goal.

Were I sit there's always a good atmosphere, saying that we was playing Hull not a very exciting team to play also.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 04:28:22 PM »
I was in the south stand and the crowd was pretty lively. I don't know what it sounded like where he was sitting but where I was it was very loud.

As for the game; I thought Hull were on the defensive (with a 5 in defence). Once we scored the goal Hull become more attacking, but by them Townsend was injured and out of it for awhile and we had only 10 men.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:31:45 PM »
I wasnt at the game but AVB's statement is very bold, he is doing wonders for us IMO but needs the supporters onside.  For me we are grinding out wins and thats what matters!

I am reading on many forums people getting at AVB and the team, we are 4th FFS and within reach of the top with our best ever start to a season using practically a new team!

Perhaps when AVB gets offered the PSG job at the end of the season and accepts due to various reasons of which the crowd may be one and we end up with a clown like Ramos or Arry the merc those supporters will no doubt be moaning even more when we sit the wrong side of mid table!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 07:25:40 PM »
I wasnt at the game but AVB's statement is very bold, he is doing wonders for us IMO but needs the supporters onside.  For me we are grinding out wins and thats what matters!

I am reading on many forums people getting at AVB and the team, we are 4th FFS and within reach of the top with our best ever start to a season using practically a new team!

Perhaps when AVB gets offered the PSG job at the end of the season and accepts due to various reasons of which the crowd may be one and we end up with a clown like Ramos or Arry the merc those supporters will no doubt be moaning even more when we sit the wrong side of mid table!

Bold and surprising.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.