SpursNetwork

1000th topic in this section - Can we keep this thread positive? No doombringers

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but would like to keep this thread along positive perspectives. I would like to challenge the doom and gloomers to search their souls and find in the hearts and minds things that look at the brighter side of life at Spurs.

For example:

- Caulker is going to get his 1st England cap tonight. Showing how his development is progressing and looks set to become our new Ledley.

- Bale is one of the best left sided midfield players in the world.

You get my point.  :D
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
I'm happy for Caulker. He had a good season with Swansea but I didn't expect him to take a place in our starting XI so quickly (King retired, Kaboul is injured and Dawson not getting many games, though). I really hope he can become as good as King and why not even better. I think he has all the boxes checked to be a great player, let's just hope he continues to work hard and doesn't f**k of to Man City when they come calling.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but would like to keep this thread along positive perspectives. I would like to challenge the doom and gloomers to search their souls and find in the hearts and minds things that look at the brighter side of life at Spurs.

For example:

- Caulker is going to get his 1st England cap tonight. Showing how his development is progressing and looks set to become our new Ledley.

Good thread. My positive note is, AVB will almost certainly be sacked in the next few months. You can't get more positive than that, Can you ?
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc

For example:

Good thread. My positive note is, AVB will almost certainly be sacked in the next few months. You can't get more positive than that, Can you ?

My positive note is that we should all give AVB a chance and only decide when he has had a fair crack at the whip or we are fighting relegation.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves

For example:

My positive note is that we should all give AVB a chance and only decide when he has had a fair crack at the whip or we are fighting relegation.

I would say AVB almost certainly will not be sacked in the coming months, in fact not until Levy has backed him and brought in a playmaker and a striker, and given them until the end of the season at least to bed in.
Baldy, whoever you support, what is the point in sacking AVB so soon ??
Can you not see that the 2 of the most successful ever prem sides have had the same manager for 16 and 26 years, through thick and thin. Do you not think that has been one of our problems over the last 30 years ??

Offline Yiddite

Good try Dimexi but I think the trolls are here to f**k up this forum.
Why don't they put up a new post and stick to it or stay on the AVB out ones
that they like.

Offline RSS61

For example:

I would say AVB almost certainly will not be sacked in the coming months, in fact not until Levy has backed him and brought in a playmaker and a striker, and given them until the end of the season at least to bed in.
Can you not see that the 2 of the most successful ever prem sides have had the same manager for 16 and 26 years, through thick and thin. Do you not think that has been one of our problems over the last 30 years ??

And i suppose you said exactly the same thing when I wanted Ramos out. Even when we win the football is s**te, and that won't change !!

The football will only ever be as good as the players we have, and you would do well to remember that.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc

For example:

And one of those managers - Ferguson - was close to being sacked because he kept losing managers. He was one game away from dismissal.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
On a positive, we have 4 goal keepers of all which could be no 1 at a number of EPL or top clubs.  Eventually each position at the club may have this strength in depth.

For settling in AVB is doing okay, 6th place, practically a new team and no real goal threat.  I think with a couple of key signings in Jan we will be bang up there in the top 4.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
Metal,
 We are not 6th but 7th, and we are 3 pts and a goal diff of 5 out of the TOP 4, what you say is basically correct, but Jan could be too late to make up the ground necessary to qualify for CL, I appreciate that the Jan Trans D/Line is important but surely you would agree that had Levy(and to a degree AVB) been more positive in the Sept Deadline we would not be in the position that we find ourselves in now.Our main problem is no playmaker (Dembele injured and no replacement) and no depth in our squad.
     I want to see us succeed,believe me, nothing would give me more pleasure, I am in the latter years of my life and I WANT TO SEE MY SPURS achieve success again. When we did the Double I saw every game Home and Away,and by that I mean I attended every game, and believe me that is something I am extremely proud of, cos there are not too many supporters who can say that.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:38:08 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

Metal,
 We are not 6th but 7th, and we are 3 pts and a goal diff of 5 out of the TOP 4, what you say is basically correct, but Jan could be too late to make up the ground necessary to qualify for CL, I appreciate that the Jan Trans D/Line is important but surely you would agree that had Levy(and to a degree AVB) been more positive in the Sept Deadline we would not be in the position that we find ourselves in now.Our main problem is no playmaker (Dembele injured and no replacement) and no depth in our squad.
     I want to see us succeed,believe me, nothing would give me more pleasure, I am in the latter years of my life and I WANT TO SEE MY SPURS achieve success again. When we did the Double I saw every game Home and Away,and by that I mean I attended every game, and believe me that is something I am extremely proud of, cos there are not too many supporters who can say that.

Then no doubt you were at the Surs v Man Utd game in 1965, we beat them 5-1 , Greavesey scored a wonder goal. That was the 1st game I went to as a 12 year old boy, and that was the kind of football I grew up on.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Offline Metalanimal

Before my time gents, I am however rather quite envious of you both seeing those legends play live!

Offline baldbloke

Just thought of some genuinely great news.

Because the moron is totally incapable of getting us anywhere near the top of the prem, it means we won't have to enter that stupid micky mouse europa cup next year.  Thank fook for that !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

Because the moron is totally incapable of getting us anywhere near the top of the prem, it means we won't have to enter that stupid micky mouse europa cup next year.  Thank fook for that !!

Its still a European competition, I am certain that if we didn't have any European football we would struggle to keep our remaining key players let alone attract and convince those we want to come here.  At least earning a slot in the Europa League via the league implies that players can make progress by joining us and get us into the top 4 and CL.  This doesnt mean I like the Europa comp or its effects on the squad.

If we finish outside a Europa slot that will set us back years and years!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom

Do you have to post exactly the same thing in many threads?