SpursNetwork

Where we will be come May?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Where we will be come May?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
We are THFC ...... and bloody impossible to predict  ::)

But as TD says we need to get our strikers performing asap, our failings in Jan could come back to hurt us, but I reckon Defoe and Pav will start knocking them in the PL.  We have the ability to achieve our ambitions this season... ie qualify CL footi again!

:coys:

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 04:44:52 PM »
Im going to stick my neck on the line and say we will finish 3rd :up:
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »
My guess would 5th. The only thing I am certain of is that we won't get CL. We just have to many injuries to our top players and I still think we lack the belief. Our season ended when we lost to Fulham\ :-\

:2funny:..... 'supporters' like you are absolutely pathetic..

we are in contention for Top3.... Chavs have their problems with a bored disgruntled Drogba and having to shoehorn in Lampard into the midfield (the real midfielders at Chavski will love that), and a manager who knows he's gonna be sacked in the summer if he doesnt win the CL (slim-no chance there)...

Al Citeh will now have to reform their formation and take Tevez outta the centre-forward slot, to shoehorn in Dzeko (a good player but inferior to the one he replaced: Adebayor)......

we have Bale, Kaboul back soon..... things are actually not as bad as you chumps think (as much as youre able to)...

WEMBERLEYYYYYYY   :up:

Yes mate and supporters like either don't watch or go to the games or just don't understand football. I won't bow down to the level of name calling like your good self though.

You really must start thinking from the head and not your heart. Saying that you think your team will do well does not mean that they will. Please look at your team as you would any other, and that should be objectively. Listen to what neutral supporters say, and I think you will here most of them would NOT put Spurs in the top four !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »
Baldy.... I like you, youre trying to be reasonable and I appreciate that..

but... most fans around really dont have a clue about being objective in any assessment on quality of football teams, they tend to go with the hype and how many 'famous' (and therefore expensive) players a team has to call on - hence the overblown clamour to put Citeh now in the Top4.... they may do it they may not, but I think they have less chance than Spurs do and will again finish 5th... 5th is outside of Top4..

we have kept up with Citeh this season too with having a stuttering strikeforce and huge number of injuries (far more than theyve had).... Citeh are playing roughly to their potential... we are playing BELOW ours.... therefore we have more likelihood of pulling ahead once Bale, Kaboul and 1-2 others return..

Chelsea will probably finish 3rd due to experienced and potent strikeforce and huge experience... even stuttering along til the inevitable summer purchase of a top-class striker, Spurs will finish ahead of Citeh (who may well have weakened with replacing Adebayor with an overhyped Dzeko)..

Citeh are in their top-gear but still haven't pulled away from us... we are in 3rd gear so far and still near level with them (with a game in hand).... FACT.

Offline Shameus

• Hero: Dave Mackay
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
I have absolutely no idea where we'll end up this season. No prediction. Wouldn't it be boring if we won all the time, though?  :lol:
I've often wondered about this ref Manure fans!

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:33 PM »
Baldy.... I like you, youre trying to be reasonable and I appreciate that..

but... most fans around really dont have a clue about being objective in any assessment on quality of football teams, they tend to go with the hype and how many 'famous' (and therefore expensive) players a team has to call on - hence the overblown clamour to put Citeh now in the Top4.... they may do it they may not, but I think they have less chance than Spurs do and will again finish 5th... 5th is outside of Top4..

we have kept up with Citeh this season too with having a stuttering strikeforce and huge number of injuries (far more than theyve had).... Citeh are playing roughly to their potential... we are playing BELOW ours.... therefore we have more likelihood of pulling ahead once Bale, Kaboul and 1-2 others return..

Chelsea will probably finish 3rd due to experienced and potent strikeforce and huge experience... even stuttering along til the inevitable summer purchase of a top-class striker, Spurs will finish ahead of Citeh (who may well have weakened with replacing Adebayor with an overhyped Dzeko)..

Citeh are in their top-gear but still haven't pulled away from us... we are in 3rd gear so far and still near level with them (with a game in hand).... FACT.

Good assessment. I agree that Chelsea will finish 4th and if we beat anyone to 4th spot it will be Citeh. You never know it may be like last year and the away game against Citeh may be the defining factor. I believe Citeh have the better man on man squad, whilst we may have the better balance. To keep the balance though we have to avoid injuries, and to be honest I don't think we are very good at doing that. At the end of the day it may be very close, but Spurs HAVE TO stop dropping stupid points against teams like Blackpool and Wigan  :nope:
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 11:05:57 PM »
Baldbloke.... I believe the opposite.... I think they have a better balance when you factor in their forward options (we are limited as a forward unit), but we have the better players in defence and midfield (both team and squad-depth).... but they do have better forwards, both individualy (slightly) and collecetively (hugely)...

as for us dropping pts against Blackpool and Wigan... what happened to Citeh at home to the mighty Fulham last weekend ??..  :P