« on: November 30, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Everton

Barclays Premier League - 30th Nov  - KO 16:00  - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Everton
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 05:48:22 PM »
Erik Lamela is so useless it makes me wonder whether the original Erik Lamela has an evil twin brother who ended up with us. Poor first touch, no situational awareness and poor sportsmanship (hacking down Baines and not even bothering to apologise)

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 09:07:35 PM »
Well done lads :)  finally we show some real desire as a whole team!, good closing down, quicker tempo and real quick counter attacks in numbers, Soldado played really well and him and Kane are developing a good partnership playing back to back games!.
Kane was excellent, Erriksen very good, the back four looked more solid, even Chririches(apart from the back pass) played well, most important was the win and the performance and today we got both :dance: :dance: :dance: ...NOW KEEP IT UP!!!!! :up:
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 10:28:04 PM »
Good game, good win, Say no more! :dance:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
Erik Lamela is so useless it makes me wonder whether the original Erik Lamela has an evil twin brother who ended up with us. Poor first touch, no situational awareness and poor sportsmanship (hacking down Baines and not even bothering to apologise)

Yes, and up until then I thought Lennon was having a good game. Working very hard tracking back, tackling, and a sublime ball for Soldado's goal. Why take him off ??
Anyway good team performance.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 04:29:48 PM »
It was the best I've seen from Spurs for a very long, long time. And he also played two up front, which I am pleased about. Now we've got Chelsea on Wednesday and I shall go for a draw. After all Sunderland drew with them. :hide:

Let us hope they can keep up the momentum.

We are two points of 4th place and I don't think it is impossible to take over from Southampton. Chelsea and City should take first and second; respectively.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:31:19 PM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 06:25:17 PM »
Now we've got Chelsea on Wednesday and I shall go for a draw. After all Sunderland drew with them. :hide:
Sunderland can defend. Spurs cannot.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 06:56:06 PM »
It was the best I've seen from Spurs for a very long, long time. And he also played two up front, which I am pleased about. Now we've got Chelsea on Wednesday and I shall go for a draw. After all Sunderland drew with them. :hide:

We are two points of 4th place and I don't think it is impossible to take over from Southampton. Chelsea and City should take first and second; respectively.

I must also agree with this post. I thought Spurs played very well and deserved their win. I am hoping that this is the beginning of something special. But knowing Spurs of late I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Jane x

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
Now we've got Chelsea on Wednesday and I shall go for a draw. After all Sunderland drew with them. :hide:
Sunderland can defend. Spurs cannot.

Can't we? There are only two matches where we've conceded more than two goals and that was against Liverpool and City. To me our problem is not so much our defensive, but in our attack area. I was pleased that we had two up front against Everton. The Chelsea game will be interesting, in which I am going.

Jane x

Offline Don

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
Howdy all,

Sorry I haven’t been on for awhile, but I’ve had to address other matters. 

We’ve had a few decent wins and from what I saw on the Match of the Day we did quite well against Everton. I fear our next match, as we are taking on the league leaders. I suppose the best we can hope for would be a draw, but a defeat looks inevitable. I just hope they don’t try to do out the City and score more goals.  The quicker we can get past Wednesday the better I will feel and then our next stop will be the Palace.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 07:03:05 AM »

With respect Voice, we didn't play 2 up front  we only played 1 with the other sitting just behind, by that I mean we played a diamond formation midfield

Lloris
                                                                Chiriches                     Fazio              Verthongen             Davies
                                                                                                            Mason

Lennon                                  Bentaleb                            Eriksen

Kane

Soldado

But we did play with 2 strikers in this formation, which did work really well, I don't recall us playing this formation before using 2 strikers, but I could be wrong, it allowed Soldado to drift in and out of the middle, and allowed Kane to run at the defence, also Lennon and Erikson put some really good early crosses in, which allowed both Soldado and Kane to cause their defence problems. I thought it worked really well, and we actually played some GOOD ATTACKING and ATTRACTIVE football, just my opinion.  ;) ;)   

Maybe, just maybe, Poch is getting his message across, hopefully he will give Davies a decent run, I thought he looked pretty solid, but I guess we will just have to wait and see. ??? ???     

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:10:41 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 07:39:19 AM »
The three main reasons that made us win on Sunday was.

1 Quicker tempo
2 quick counter attacks in numbers
3. A desire in all the players to do there job!

The defending was better and and passion and closing down excellent, something we have not seen in a Spurs performance any other time this season, the good football came simply because we did the basic things right and with moving the ball quicker we created the space for players to show there real quality, we spread the ball much better and for once we got service to Soldado with early balls in the box!, this is how to get the best out of him, this coupled with playing Kane with him for a few games now has helped him to find more pockets to run into, if we keep playing them together and a same team we may just save our season. :)
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 09:23:05 AM »
The three main reasons that made us win on Sunday was.

1 Quicker tempo
2 quick counter attacks in numbers
3. A desire in all the players to do there job!

The defending was better and and passion and closing down excellent, something we have not seen in a Spurs performance any other time this season, the good football came simply because we did the basic things right and with moving the ball quicker we created the space for players to show there real quality, we spread the ball much better and for once we got service to Soldado with early balls in the box!, this is how to get the best out of him, this coupled with playing Kane with him for a few games now has helped him to find more pockets to run into, if we keep playing them together and a same team we may just save our season. :)

I'm in complete agreement with that. However, I still think we need better quality at LB & RB, plus another creative pacy midfielder (ie Scheiderlin?) and a striker. Otherwise the signs are fine.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 03:46:57 PM »

With respect Voice, we didn't play 2 up front  we only played 1 with the other sitting just behind, by that I mean we played a diamond formation midfield

Lloris
                                                                                                            Mason

Lennon                                  Bentaleb                            Eriksen

Kane

Soldado

But we did play with 2 strikers in this formation, which did work really well, I don't recall us playing this formation before using 2 strikers, but I could be wrong, it allowed Soldado to drift in and out of the middle, and allowed Kane to run at the defence, also Lennon and Erikson put some really good early crosses in, which allowed both Soldado and Kane to cause their defence problems. I thought it worked really well, and we actually played some GOOD ATTACKING and ATTRACTIVE football, just my opinion.  ;) ;)   

Maybe, just maybe, Poch is getting his message across, hopefully he will give Davies a decent run, I thought he looked pretty solid, but I guess we will just have to wait and see. ??? ???   
Whatever formation we played with we played with two strikers. Kane and Soldado seem to work well together.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »

Lloris
                                                                                                            Mason

Kane

Soldado

No offence Mr Finch, but we played two strikers up front, whatever formation you wish to call it. Before we had one and it didn't work. I am sure that our coach thought about his one striker up front policy and realised that it wasn’t appropriate with the players we’ve got.  As for the rest, I thought it was pretty accurate.