SpursNetwork

Spurs 2 Anderlecht 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 2 Anderlecht 1
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
What a well fought game. Spurs deserved their win. In the last couple of games you notice that even though they might give the ball away, they battle to get it back. This game was no exception. They are a young side, still making mistakes, but fighting hard to correct those mistakes. Kane scored, they allowed Anderlecht to get back in, but then fought for every ball and finally scored. You can't criticise Spurs for their determination and fighting abilities.

Spurs had 54% of the game.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino: "It's a very important win. Our objective before was to win and go top, and we have done that.

"Today I congratulate the players because sometimes when you don't play well you need to show character and compete and suffer. Today we learned a lot.

"I am pleased because we are top of the group and now we need to focus only on Sunday."

On Harry Kane's return to goalscoring form: "We never had any doubts about him. Always the top players sometimes have times when they struggle to score.

"We are very pleased with him, very happy he has started to score again and I think we deserved to take the three points."
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Spurs 2 Anderlecht 1
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 05:58:16 PM »
Spurs deserved their victory last night against a very good side. The Belgium team was no push over and they came here to win. We were also determined to win and the best team ended up winning. Us. Now we are at the top of the league. That is Europa league. Spurs next important game will be against the team that was beaten 5-1 in mid-week. But don't let that fool us. Ars*nal are a dangerous side. And they are second in the league, which tells you something about them this season. They also beat us in the little cup competition. So a hard Sunday game it will be. I've put down a draw, but am hoping for a win. It would be great, when I next come on here, to say we've had three great victories within seven days. COYS!

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
A good and well fought win. Spurs fought back to reverse their way match against Anderlecht and deserved their win. To good victories and a very hard match to follow.  :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 06:23:54 PM »
Very resilient Anderlecht, battling for every ball and they could have punished us. So a good deserved result in the end to carry on the Europa!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
Very resilient Anderlecht, battling for every ball and they could have punished us. So a good deserved result in the end to carry on the Europa!

After three games in seven days we can't complain with what we got out of it.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:39:16 AM »
I've been to three games in seven days and not once have I been disappointed. Agreed, that there were some mistakes, but overall we came away with good results. This game we should our Spurs spirit by fighting back after they leveled with us. After losing the away leg we showed we were prepared to fight back to even the score.

Didn't it say on MOTD that we were one of two clubs that fought back hard to regain the ball, after losing it? We have that fighting spirit that wins trophies. May it continue.

Jane x