SpursNetwork

A message to Mr.Levy

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: A message to Mr.Levy
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »

As I have said on quite a few posts I am not, and never have been a big fan of AVB, that is not to say that my opinion will never change, in fact it has softened. I am still to be convinced, maybe given time I will be, that is as far as I will go at present, and unfortunately you will all have to accept the fact that that is my opinion, and one that I am entitled to.
  :) :)

I think it would be fair to say that your judgement (and a few others here) on AVB's qualities were clouded by the fact that he never played football and that only ex-pro footballers are capable of becoming managers/coaches. Well this has proved to be a complete load of tosh!

Quite a few ex-pro have failed miserably and Jose the Special One is a prime example of that success.   I have always liked and trusted AVB from day one and he,  like his Portuguese ex-colleague will become one of the best coaches in years to come.  I just hope he does it with us.

What puzzles me in you post is that you are still not convinced although he has led a quite depleated team during very crucial times last season and still managed to finish with 72 points. It does not mean that he is the new Fergie, but I woud challenge anyone to name another NEWLY appointed manager with his level of experience in the EPL who could have been trusted to equal that!

AVB, like Bale, is our foundation for the future. Let's hope for goods news from Mr Levy when they all return from holiday (or I will be writing to him personally!)  :hide:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
One of the reasons why a lot of Spurs fans never liked AVB was because he came from Chelsea and he was sacked. I think most people judged him on that.

His first season at Spurs was good, let us hope that this coming season will be even better.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 09:49:37 PM »
One of the reasons why a lot of Spurs fans never liked AVB was because he came from Chelsea and he was sacked. I think most people judged him on that.

His first season at Spurs was good, let us hope that this coming season will be even better.

And so was Mourinho who was also sacked from Chelsea an guess what?.....Chelsea will be at the top come May 14

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 03:32:26 AM »
Quote from Spursjoolz
"I think it would be fair to say that your judgement (and a few others here) on AVB's qualities were clouded by the fact that he never played football and that only ex-pro footballers are capable of becoming managers/coaches. Well this has proved to be a complete load of tosh!"
Joolz,
 Now your statement is as you put it "A complete load of Tosh" it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with him having never played football, I have and I repeat NEVER BEEN A FAN OF HIS, I just cannot take to him, there is just something about him. The fact that we got 72 pts I am afraid doesn't count for Jack s**t, we never qualified for Champions League, had we have got 72 pts and qualified I might have agreed with you.
 :nope: :nope: :nope:
Quote from Voice
"One of the reasons why a lot of Spurs fans never liked AVB was because he came from Chelsea and he was sacked. I think most people judged him on that."

Voice,
         This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my reason for not liking him, I didn't like him when he was at Porto.

:nope: :nope:

:SN:[font

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 09:09:38 AM »
Quote from Spursjoolz
"I think it would be fair to say that your judgement (and a few others here) on AVB's qualities were clouded by the fact that he never played football and that only ex-pro footballers are capable of becoming managers/coaches. Well this has proved to be a complete load of tosh!"
Joolz,
 Now your statement is as you put it "A complete load of Tosh" it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with him having never played football, I have and I repeat NEVER BEEN A FAN OF HIS, I just cannot take to him, there is just something about him. The fact that we got 72 pts I am afraid doesn't count for Jack s**t, we never qualified for Champions League, had we have got 72 pts and qualified I might have agreed with you.
Quote from Voice
"One of the reasons why a lot of Spurs fans never liked AVB was because he came from Chelsea and he was sacked. I think most people judged him on that."

Voice,
         This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my reason for not liking him, I didn't like him when he was at Porto.

I don't always agree with your views Mr Finch, but I do agree with right to have them.

Why do people insist on telling you/other people the reasons why you/other people think the way they do? Guess what? The other people are more than capable of explaining themselves. If you disagree with those views fine and dandy, but just put your views across, don't put words into other people's mouths.
Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
Thankyou.  :up: :up: :up:

:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 08:27:39 PM »
Quote from Spursjoolz
Joolz,
Quote from Voice

Voice,

I understand that, but I wasn't referring to you. A lot of Spurs fans have told me that they didn't like Chelsea's rejects.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 07:59:19 AM »

As I have said on quite a few posts I am not, and never have been a big fan of AVB, that is not to say that my opinion will never change, in fact it has softened. I am still to be convinced, maybe given time I will be, that is as far as I will go at present, and unfortunately you will all have to accept the fact that that is my opinion, and one that I am entitled to.
  :) :)

I think it would be fair to say that your judgement (and a few others here) on AVB's qualities were clouded by the fact that he never played football and that only ex-pro footballers are capable of becoming managers/coaches. Well this has proved to be a complete load of tosh!

Quite a few ex-pro have failed miserably and Jose the Special One is a prime example of that success.   I have always liked and trusted AVB from day one and he,  like his Portuguese ex-colleague will become one of the best coaches in years to come.  I just hope he does it with us.

What puzzles me in you post is that you are still not convinced although he has led a quite depleated team during very crucial times last season and still managed to finish with 72 points. It does not mean that he is the new Fergie, but I woud challenge anyone to name another NEWLY appointed manager with his level of experience in the EPL who could have been trusted to equal that!

AVB, like Bale, is our foundation for the future. Let's hope for goods news from Mr Levy when they all return from holiday (or I will be writing to him personally!)  :hide:

I'm in complete agreement with all of your post, especially the last paragraph.

I'm intrigued to know who the AVB knockers would like to see as our manager ?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
Do you know what Levy should do. Offer AVB a bigger contract and for a longer time.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 10:23:04 PM »
Do you know what Levy should do. Offer AVB a bigger contract and for a longer time.

Lets do it right, lets sort out Bale first like asap yesterday style, then after this season AVB as I want to see if we achieve what I expect us to if we keep Bale and we get in AVBs targets.  I reckon we are on for top 3
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 12:45:25 PM »

Lets do it right, lets sort out Bale first like asap yesterday style, then after this season AVB as I want to see if we achieve what I expect us to if we keep Bale and we get in AVBs targets.  I reckon we are on for top 3

I see it going one of two ways. We keep Bale & AVB and get our targets in, or we lose them both with disasterous consequences

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 02:58:12 PM »
If I was a target for Spurs ( I'm not ) the first question I would ask is. Is Gareth Bale staying ? Although i guess most players jusk ask. How much will I get paid ? 

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »

According to the papers if we get the players he wants, so that we can fight for a realistic title challenge, he won't leave.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »

I see it going one of two ways. We keep Bale & AVB and get our targets in, or we lose them both with disasterous consequences

I agree with that.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
If I was a target for Spurs ( I'm not ) the first question I would ask is. Is Gareth Bale staying ? Although i guess most players jusk ask. How much will I get paid ?

I think that is what they are asking, and I don't blame them.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do