TBA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:34:05 AM by Biggs »

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham Vs Man City
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
Hopefully we'll bounce back with a win. I do not fear City and I think we'll do more than match them. I think we'll beat em. 2-1 Spurs.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline WexfordSpur

• http://www.wexfordcoys.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
Hopefully we'll bounce back with a win. I do not fear City and I think we'll do more than match them. I think we'll beat em. 2-1 Spurs.
I do fear them, they have a lot of goals in them, and with our defensive, that spells trouble - our only hope is we can score more - but with the last 3 performances from keane, Defoe and Crouch that seems unlikely! Ars*nal, Man U and Chelsea, all put 3 past us, I expect City to do the same - 1-3 City.
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
Gota make it down the pub to watch this one, i can never make the weed day games because of living near Bristol and work, family etc. AShame i would have liked to see Citeh at The Lane this season. We really need to bounce back as Joe said above, i would have said that i would be happy with a draw before saturday but since losing to Wolves i feel we need to follow it up with a win to put the cat amongst the pigeons again in terms of the top 4. Cant be arsed to state line ups right now will do it closer to the game. Do we keep Keane benched though?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »
I do fear them, they have a lot of goals in them, and with our defensive, that spells trouble - our only hope is we can score more - but with the last 3 performances from keane, Defoe and Crouch that seems unlikely! Ars*nal, Man U and Chelsea, all put 3 past us, I expect City to do the same - 1-3 City.

The difference between Wolves and City is that City will not park the bus like Wolves did. They will allow us to express ourselves creativity wise. I think it's best thats Keane starts agian as it will be good for his confidence. I still maintain that we wil beat City, when we lost to Stoke we bounced back straight away with a win, and I think we will do it again.
COME ON YOU SPURS
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline WexfordSpur

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 05:25:37 PM »

The difference between Wolves and City is that City will not park the bus like Wolves did. They will allow us to express ourselves creativity wise. I think it's best thats Keane starts agian as it will be good for his confidence. I still maintain that we wil beat City, when we lost to Stoke we bounced back straight away with a win, and I think we will do it again.
COME ON YOU SPURS
I like you optimism but City are a very different proposition....guess we will see Thursday morning on hear how the posts look then ???
COYS!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:09:57 PM »
Now that feels a lot better.
Must say I think Dawson is player of the year so far for me. Bassong looked good. Bae had one of his best games for...ever.
We never really looked worried tonight.
Crouch still worries me,and Winnie looks lss impressive of lte. Never mind though because I have already forgotten the Wolves debacle
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
What deabcle??????? Gotta love the premier league, can't predict a result try as you might.  ;D

Bill Nicholson

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 09:42:25 AM »
What a result!!! Man City have only lost again Man Utd this season and for us to put 3 past them and keep a clean sheet was amazing! We looked strong and confident, Asso Ekotto had a great game possibly the best this season. Dawson, Krancjar, Defoe and Lennon also had superb games but not to sure about Crouch and Hudlestone both seemed abit useless at times. Trust me we are going t miss BAE when he buggers off to the African Nations Cup, he has turned into one of our most important players

Offline WexfordSpur

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »
Great and very unexpected win for us!

I thought we played well at times, but not sure I would say "our best performance of the season"?

Hudd and Crouch looked a little off tonight, although Crouch had a few good (and decisive) headers, his touch, ability to hold on to the ball and shooting were all off! Hudd's shooting was also awfall tonight and his passing and tacking were not the best!

Palacios again did not have one of his best games and if we are honest was probably lucky to stay on the field after at least 5 tackles that a lot of ref's would have shown yellow for! His passing was suspect, but he did break up play, and do what he does best, harried and chase!

lennon was exceptional against a very poor LB, Defoe looked lively and caused problems all night, a bit selfish on occasion, but hey that is what you get with him!

Kranjcar, was okay, he passing and shooting ranged from brilliant to awful, but he was in the right place at the right time for the goals, and I guess that is good that we are getting MF forward more to support!

back four were all solid, but for me Dawson stood out - looked like a real leader tonight, shouting commands, organising, and most importantly making great tackles and clearances!

All in all a good performance, but Let's face it City never really turned up, Strikers were anonymous for a lot of the game and absolutely no width!

have to say with Bellamy left and SWP right, with bridge and Lesscot in defence I feel this would have been a very different game!

But lets look at the positives, good defence although not really pressured, and we scored 3 goals and got 3 very important points!
COYS!