SpursNetwork

Spurs Vs Chelsea

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »
Vs
FA CUP QUARTER FINAL REPLAY - Monday, 19 March 2007 - White Hart Lane

Huge game tonight, all match chat and discussion in here!

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
Cant wait for this, it's going to be one hell of a game. It's going to be close, and a real challenge but with the likes of Berba and Keane in the team we can beat anyone.

COYS!!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 05:45:48 PM »
I Cant Blooody Wait!!

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 06:25:55 PM »

Chelsea's Michael Essien has a chance of returning from the knee injury he suffered in the draw between the sides at Stamford Bridge.

Essien missed the Premiership win over Sheffield United, while Mikel Jon Obi is available after suspension.

Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane and Aaron Lennon are expected to return to Spurs' starting line-up.

The trio were on the bench in the weekend win over Watford, though Lennon came on as second-half substitute.

Not a surprise really seeing those 3 back in the starting XI. I think we will start with...

ROBINSON
CHIMBONDA // DAWSON // ROCHA // LYP
LENNON // ZOKORA // JENAS // MALBRANQUE
BERBATOV // KEANE

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »
This one's gonna be hellacious, but we need to buckle down and start forcing the issue. Make 'em see we're Europe-calibre this season, and that Carrick leaving wasn't our mistake. One good way to do that would be to topple Chel$cum from the FA Cup.

With Keano, Berby and Lennon all relatively fresh, we could make noise in this one. Hell, with how Chelsea has been playing of late (good but not great), and given that we're playing at the White Hart Lane, we may even have a good chance of winning! (We could have had it last time, but everyone knows that :p)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:55:26 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 11:05:04 PM »
Gutted!

Lennon, Keane, Jenas all did not play well enough for me. and as much as i love Berbatov Once again he has faded in the second half of games. but from the start i could see it was one of them game wheer we was on top but i could just sence that chelsea wheer going to get a goal out of nowhere. We have just got to take out chances. Im gutted to be out of the FA cup

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 11:11:39 PM »
Perkele...:( GUTTED. Well, we'll just have to pay them back when we meet in the Prems match we have against them in early April. (the 9th, if I remember correctly)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 07:42:20 AM »
We blew our chance, this and the Ars*nal CC game were are biggest games of the season and we bottled them. Now the UEFA Cup and league position to aim for.

I could see it would be a tight game, Chelsea were very strong at the back and we were trying to play through them which wasn't working. Lennon was dire, he looked dis-interested and gave the ball away alot. He needed to go wide as he was poor in the tight midfield area. Keane wasn't on his game, Berbatov was poor I personally thought JJ played well, he got some good balls in, got forward and kept possession. Along with him, Chimbonda and Dawson also played well but apart from them it showed how much work we need to do to break the top 4.

Very disappointing, but hey at least a fan attempted to smack Fat Frank.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »
I also forgot to mention, the ref was f**king s**t.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 09:03:15 AM »
im still gutted

Offline Daniisco

Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »
We had such a good chance to get through and blew it big time. Our big 3, Berba, Keane and Lennon just didn't show up. For the life of me i don't know why Jol keeps playing Lennon on the left, he needs to be on the right were he can get at players and cross with his stronger foot.

No way did we deserve to lose though, Shevs goal was a fluke he meant to cross it to Drogba. The Ref was usless, didn't have a clue.

We must look forwards now, we're still in the Uefa Cup and in a good position to finish in the top 6.

Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »
I was at the game last night and i thought in the first 15 minutes or so we were going to do em, we played well in the first half but were poor in the second. Many players did not meet potential last night jenas was never in the game and put no effort in and berbatov and lennon were both non existant which was a surprise. Chelsea scored 2 top quality goals though and after that we were dead and burried. The highlight of last night was a fan trying to lamp lampard LEGEND. i was also at the first game at stamford bridge and that is where we really blew it. 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go i was in heaven. Also lennon missed an easy chance to put us 4-1 up as did defoe when he managed to miss an open goal with his header. Stamford bridge is where we lost the tie. Just the uefa cup to play for now absolute must win competition.

Offline Rob

Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 12:51:53 PM »
yea shame you lot ****ed it up in the first leg when you were 3-1 up. I mean come on there is a thing called defense :p
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Offline Daniisco

Spurs Vs Chelsea
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »
We only know attack at the moment. need King back big time

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
Spurs Vs Chelsea