SpursNetwork

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
Great play from the lads in the first half, esp the opening 30mins. Second half m'brough did well to fight, but a great team goal by us ended their hopes.

Great Goal by berba, and Robbo made a fantastic save from Viduka.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »
I love Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007, 06:13:05 PM »
I thought we made hard work of this. At 2-0 we looked very comfortable but when 'Boro scored we sat back and gave them the initiative. Robinson kept us in the game on a couple of occasions although on the whole it was one of our better performances defensively. A finely crafted goal by the whole team should have sealed it but 'Boro came back and it made for a nervous last few minutes. Another 3 points closer to Europe and with our game in hand we may even manage 5th again. Oh and we can probably close the book on the goal of the season now. Brilliant strike by Berba.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:15:08 PM by taimedowne »

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2007, 08:26:59 PM »
ventriloquist "were sitting too deep yet again"

taimedowne "I thought we made hard work of this."

Totally agree with those points I thought we were gona have another draw on ourhands!? Why cant our midfield not sit back and carry on dominating possesion, just not sends as many players forwards??? To be honest, we were lucky with the superp goal and some fine stops by robbo. You could see Berba getting annoyed again and i can truly sympathise with him, he knows how good we are but knows that we always sit back too much - Berba for manager! :dft012:

But still in the 1st half we completely dominated and had the game in our hands, whenever we go forward we look as though we can create a chance...
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2007, 12:15:16 AM »
Great result. Great to see Keane doing the job and can we all get behind Robbo now. Crucial save at a crucial time.

As for Portsmouth, what on earth are they playing at. A victory over Liverpool was not in the script that I'm reading from. Time for them to get on the right page and lose their last couple. The 'ex Spurs over 35's put- out- to- pasture XI' need to pull their heads in. Mind you Bolton seem to be deviating from the master plan as well.
Bottom line is that our fate is still in our hands. Or should I say it is in our game in hand, With one obstacle cleared there are three hurdles to go and if we clear them then watch out Sevilla cos we want revenge. Although as they are likely to be in the Champions league that was quite possibly a meaningless comment.
I am worried about Charlton though. With the results going as they have for the bottom clubs then they have every reason to believe that they can avoid relegation, and the last thing we need to face right now is a desterate doomed team who have just been thrown a lifeline. Nothing asdangerous as a cornered rat. If we can get past them and avoid our big moment nervres then we should get past the final two.
In truth we should be rejoicing that for two seasons now our interst has been kept at fever pitch till the very last game. The days of mid table mediocrity are behind us.
Key factor to get right is the complete ban on lasagne for anyone fron now till the end of the season.
I suggest though that we celebrate the end of the seaon and getting back in Europe with a lasagne dinner.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2007, 08:19:30 AM »
Good game today, great goals by Berbatov and Keane, great assists from Berbatov and Lennon.
Another 3 points in the bag, we are on our way back into europe next year and a possible 5th position. Great well done lads.
COYS

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2007, 08:50:16 AM »
yeah was a god game i don't think that the scoreline reflected the game though Boro where terrible

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »
does any one have a link to the goals

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »
All I can find is the Berba goal for now.

[youtube]aF7xQ3HZ2Yw[/youtube]

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »
That goal is sweeeeeeet, the man is God!!

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2007, 01:11:10 PM »
Berbatov for president

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2007, 01:33:02 PM »
i love the way hes not even shocked when it goes in

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »
Now we're only 2 points behind 5th COYS!!!!!!!!

Offline Becks

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »
[youtube]peXIRxHMJas[/youtube]
''It's Ricky Villa, It's still Ricky Villa''

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »
Great away win although the scoreline didn't give us the credit we deserve. Berba's goal was just awesome, him and Keano are an awesome partnership. Even with Lennon on the bench we looked comfortable and King was a rock.