Middlesbrough Vs Spurs

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 12:47:46 PM »
i think we will play well tomorrow, by the sound of things on the news and stuff Jol has been giving the players heard time so hopefully they will respond to that

Boro, a must win game!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »
We must win this weekend against Boro. If we fail to get 3 points, then I feel that any chance to grab fifth spot has gone. I still feel that we will gain either sixth or seventh spot and automatically qualify for UEFA. However, if spurs could grab 5th  spot, then  consistency  has been displayed and a clear message to all those other teams outside the perennial top four

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 06:22:40 PM »

Middlesbrough have received a double fitness boost with defender Abel Xavier (back) and midfielder Julio Arca (groin) both back in contention.

That means Middlesbrough have no major absentees through injuries.

Paul Stalteri is back to bolster Tottenham's defence, which is missing Anthony Gardner, Young-Pyo Lee and Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

Midfielder Teemu Tainio is out with a sprained ankle and striker Mido is struggling with a groin complaint.

Middlesbrough (from): Schwarzer, Jones, Davies, Xavier, Parnaby, Taylor, Woodgate, Pogatetz, Huth, Riggott, Boateng, Arca, Rochemback, Cattermole, Downing, Viduka, Morrison, Johnson, Yakubu, Lee, Christie.

Tottenham (from): Robinson, Cerny, Chimbonda, Stalteri, Rocha, Ifil, Dawson, King, Zokora, Jenas, Malbranque, Lennon, Ghaly, Murphy, Huddlestone, Taarabt, Defoe, Keane, Berbatov, C Lee, Barnard.

Tainio out is a shame, would have liked his midfield bite. Reckon Stalteri should come back at LB or give Rocha another game there?

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 06:32:40 PM »
yeah give Rocha another game there, didnt do too bad against the scum.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »
Quote from: pukekohespur;5499
Should we really be worried about Berbs going if we don't qualify for Europe? Has he said that he is unhappy? Could it be a case of paranoia on our part?
Anyway it is irrelevant becaue all we have to do is win the last 4 and we are in Europe. If we blow it from here then we don't deserve to be in Europe. Quite simple really. 4 games to prove how much we have improved and how worthy we are. Man C Charlton ,Blackburn anfd Middles if we can't get 10 points of them then do we really deserve to be in Europe?

Totally agree.We should be gauranteed at least 10 points from these games ,instead were all hoping.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »
TEAM NEWS

Teemu Tainio is out of the trip to Middlesbrough on Saturday but Chris Hughton hasn't given up hope on him appearing again before the end of the season.
The midfielder picked up an ankle injury against Ars*nal last weekend and joins Anthony Gardner (hairline fracture, fibula), Lee Young-Pyo, Benoit Assou-Ekotto (both knee) and Mido (groin) on the sidelines for the Teeside encounter.

“We’re hopeful Teemu might be available for the final three games of the season,” reported Chris on Thursday.

“Anthony and Young-Pyo Lee remain out, as does Benoit, but he’s working hard on his rehabilitation and he’s not too far away.

“Mido has a slight groin strain and is not in contention but we’re also hopeful he’ll be available for the last three games.”

One plus is that Paul Stalteri looks set to be available after a thigh problem. “He’s trained and is very much in contention,” added Chris.

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 11:18:59 AM »
Hopefully we'll get the win 3-1 my prediction.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 11:19:01 AM »
MATCH PREVIEW
[/U][/B][/URL]

Thoughts?

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 11:24:23 AM »
If Bolton and Everton lose today and we win then we will be 1 point behind 5th with a game in hand...COYS!

Block:51 Row:8 Seat:116[/SIZE]

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »
Nice preview BRP

Though i don't think Lennon will score :D

Though your right in saying that if Downing and Viduka don't perform, they dont win. So hopefully we will just shut them out the game.

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »
Anyone else reckon that defoe should get a chance and start? I saw berbatov getting really angry last week with how deep we were playing and the lack of support! There is not much chance of that with defoe playing!

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »
Yeah, I made a mistake on my starting XI. I think Hudds will start instead of Steed with Lennon on the left and JJ on the right.

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 11:52:17 AM »
I agree completely barnardforengland, as much as i love keane and prefer him with berba i just think that today we need defoe up there with berba so hes got support.

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 12:01:42 PM »
We all know Martin Jol will not play Defoe today..Jol would still pick Keane if he was injured.

Block:51 Row:8 Seat:116[/SIZE]

Middlesbrough Vs Spurs
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »
Lol i think its funny how unrealistic some spurs fans are, every game the same people say we are going to win, even when its against teams like Ars*nal and chelsea.

Living in a different world.