Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 22nd Aug 2011 - KO 20:00 - Ground: Old Trafford

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:50:55 AM by Biggs »

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Man Utd v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »
What idiot thought it would be a good idea to make fans travel to Mancheser on a Monday night.... Bring back Saturday 3pm.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Ballyer Spur

• Hero: Paul McGrath
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 03:23:48 PM »
He's called Rupert Murdoch and it has nothing to do with us all ab out Sky sports
To Dare is to Do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:09:29 PM »
What idiot thought it would be a good idea to make fans travel to Mancheser on a Monday night.... Bring back Saturday 3pm.

Dont think we will be playing on a Saturdays for a while, unless we lose to Hearts 6-0 on Thursday.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »
I hate the Monday games as well watching from the US. Usually on at 3:00 w/ time difference. It's either leave work early to watch it or record it and hope nobody tells mentions the score by the time I get home. Luckily I randomly took this Monday off work for no reason at all and then realized we're playing.

Looks like Vidic and Ferdinand are both out injured and De Gea is a bit shaky. I'm not feeling as pessimistic about this fixture as I normally do.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 08:36:21 AM »

Dont think we will be playing on a Saturdays for a while, unless we lose to Hearts 6-0 on Thursday.
More chance of me being called up on Monday and scoring a hat-trick.

I think we have one Saturday 3pm home game. f**king stupid.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 09:25:16 PM »
Our next saturday 3.00 home game is 3rd december.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:56:22 AM »
Hope Spurs come away with a point, 3 would be a tad optimistic but Man U do have problems at the back with injuries.

BUT!!!!!!

Modric's head's not right so his not playing!!!!!! what a load of old tosh if his been told he is not going, >:( get over it and get on with it!!!
But I think he will be gone by deadline day

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
Modric being a little prick, now. ManUtd blogs are celebrating the fact he won't be in the squad and Nani is still chirping about his snaky goal from last season. We had a decent shot at winning this game. Still could, I suppose, but I'm hoping for a draw. Probably be a frustrating 1-1 affair that we could have won.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »
I think the key to this game is central midfield and who we have available to play, I'd really like to have Sandro and Huddlestone in there tonight but Sandro is out for sure. The rest of the side in my opinion is equally as good as Man Ure when playing at its best and more than a match, but it's our soft central midfield thats going to cause us trouble. I've gone for a score draw but deep down I'm hoping that our poor run of luck at Old Trafford will come to an end tonight and we will come away with all 3 points but I'm not going to hold my breath.

As for Modric I can understand why his head is not right if you were offered a job earning twice as much money at a perceived bigger company but was then told you couldn't have it you too would be slightly miffed. Until the transfer window slams shut and there is no chance of him moving I suspect he may well have a 'niggling injury' or too, so let him mope around for the next ten days or Mr Levy bite the bullet and sell him, this option is now very difficult to pull off after the comments Mr Levy has made. What I expect will happen is Mr Levy will dig his heels in and possibly do a deal to sell Modric in Janurary so he can save face, whatever way you look at it it's pretty clear that Modric will leave at some point in the future. I am disappointed with Modric though as I thought he would of had a bit more finesse about him but I guess money talks !!!

The greatest thing that could happen is for Chelski to lose their Champions League place to us this season after Modric has joined them that as they say would be Poetic justice !!!

???

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
I respect where you're coming from Ugs, but I have been in this situtaion in the world of work multiple times and it almost never works out. In the non-sporting world contracts actually hold water and there is usually something called a non-compete clause. I left a job for greener pastures and a much improved compensation package, but my former employer enforced my non-compete and sued both myself and my new employer for tortious interference. Needless to say -- I got the boot. Found myself not getting paid by anyone. Had to get into a slightly different line of work.

If a player has a contract, and another club makes an offer fine. When the offer becomes agreeable to all parties involved -- good. Happy Trails to you, sir. You have earned yourself a nice payday. But to holdout when you have agreed to provide a service and are being paid handsomely to do so whether you play or not -- totally unacceptable! So he wants to play for a "bigger" club and make more money, now that he has become aware that the possibility genuinely exists. Alright, who can blame him? But you continue to do your job in the meantime! Anything else is just being a d**k.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
Wilson I agree with you totally and football would be a better place if contracts were enforced and players had an amicable attitude towards their clubs at all times............ but this unfortunately isn't going to happen !!!!!!!

All I'm saying is Mr Levy and 'Arry need to sort this and sort it quickly so it causes the least amount of damage possible to both the club and remaining players. This is the first game of this season  after the shenanigans of the last few weeks and we need to be fully concentrated on the game and not what Modric may or may not be doing in the future !!!!!

???
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »
Awww poor Modders, must be sulking because Chelsea signed Mata.   :'(

I don't know what's wrong with footballers now days, why can't they just be professional about things

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »
all about the money unfortunately , not many would say no to triple wages , lets hope he stays tho

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
any day is good  as long as we win the games