SpursNetwork

Sevilla Vs Spurs

Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2007, 11:10:02 PM »
Quote from: DC76;2398
If Spurs get kicked out because of the actions of not even 1% of our fanbase, I'm NOT going to be a happy camper. :gun1:
not 1% more like 0.00001

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2007, 11:25:19 PM »
Quote from: theospurs;2403
not 1% more like 0.00001

:yeahthat:

heh, exactly my point. Hence the "not even" bit ;) That said, your way of putting it makes the prospect of getting kicked out even more of a piss-off.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Becks

Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2007, 11:34:55 PM »
We won't get kicked out. Your forgetting Feyenoord had 3 warnings, and 1000's rioting, We had 100's. Big difference.
''It's Ricky Villa, It's still Ricky Villa''

Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2007, 12:46:54 AM »
Hi chaps just to tell you what I have been told from my two sons and ex husband who were actually at the game.  Our fans did NOT start anything the police started when our fans were shouting about the penalty.  They attacked a Spurs supporter in a wheelchair and also a 17 year old young girl, she has a massive lump on her head.  They have been having a dig at the Spurs fans all day.

Other people who have heard from people over there have said more or less exactly the same thing.  They were trying to protect the guy in the wheelchair.  

I think before we all start slagging our own fans off and getting carried away with media hype we should wait and see what the fans over there have to say, I honestly believe that we are in no way to blame for Robo cop and co's behaviour.

After all do we have riot police in the away team end at our matches (I think not).  Do we have 'riots' in the away end (no)

Its heavy handed policing not Tottenham fans.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2007, 01:00:46 AM »
WHAT... THE...:wacko::Green_Colorz_PDT_23 Well, if I'd seen that, I wouldn't be so disgusted. Heavy-handed is an understatement. They should press police brutality charges or something. Hoo boy, if this is the case, then I hope those police that perpetrated this are dismissed from their jobs. But they probably won't be :dry: It sure changes the outlook of this game's happenings.

The unfortunate thing is, even if fans who were there go public about it, UEFA won't likely believe a word of it.

I smell a brouhaha developing over this. :gun1:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:02:57 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2007, 01:32:02 AM »
I couln't watch the game since it was 3:30 am in Korea. And, my family moves today. It seems I can watch this game a little bit late.

Anyway, we got an away goal. That leaves us hope for home game.
Since we experienced with them, we will be better at WHL.

COME ON SPURS!!!

Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2007, 07:22:16 AM »
The reff broke the game. A totally imaginary penalty that really set off our boys out of concentration. 20 mins after that he was deliberately pushing our players into our half by false judgements ... :Green_Colorz_PDT_47 . They were all jumpy as result and none could perform at his best. Not to mention the whole midfield was pushed so far back they could hardly support the forwards ... not that they had a good day ... Malbranque should have come in on half time together with Ghally :-(.

And I am COMPLETELY sure we would've kicked the s**t out of Sevilla, should this penalty have not been awarded and did not kick us back in front of Robbo ... Sevilla were just SHAKY with all the action in front of their goal ...

Now, when in Bulgaria somebody wants a good result out of a though game as a home side, usually a weak referee is appointed. The weak referee is ALWAYS influenced by croud, players etc. and thus supports the home side ... So afterwards the Association bans him for 4-5 games ... So what ? There are always weak referrees around for the next though games ...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 07:26:08 AM by lyubokick »
----------------

Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2007, 08:39:55 AM »
Hope we don't get kicked out, at the very least club is likely to be fined.  Ref was very poor, apart from the penalty decision, there were many other doubtful calls.  At one stage berbatov was sandwiched in the air by two players, and the sevilla got a free !!!!!!!!!! amazing:em2700:

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2007, 09:28:35 AM »
The referee was a certain joke. He just didn't let the game flow at all, every 30 seconds it felt like he was giving a free kick to either team, and 9 times out of 10 it was to Sevilla. The penalty decision was terrible, Robinson got the ball with not one, but BOTH hands, and you could tell by his reaction that he knew it wasn't a penalty.

The result of 2-1 however I am rather happy about, because all we need to do now is win 1-0 at home and we go through.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
Seville Report

The Club is compiling a report on the disturbing events at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in Seville last night and would ask any supporters who were involved in or witnessed events to please pass their information to the Club. Please email Seville.report@tottenhamhotspur.com or write to Seville, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Bill Nicholson Way, 748 High Rd, Tottenham, London N17 0AP.
The Club issued the following statement last night:

The Club will be working with the appropriate authorities to ascertain the events of this evening in Seville.

Our initial reports suggest that there was no fan-to-fan fighting at any stage of the proceedings. As such we are seeking explanations as to why the police reacted in the way they did with our fans.

Tottenham Hotspur supporters have enjoyed an exemplary reputation across Europe this season which is why tonight’s events are unprecedented.

We will be co-operating fully with UEFA, the British Embassy and the Spanish authorities to understand why this has happened.

British Police, the Club's security officials, and Club stewards, supported by British Embassy officials, will also be providing the Spanish authorities and UEFA with full statements from their first hand experience of what happened tonight.

We shall keep you informed as the investigation progresses. Thank you.

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »
Might send them a prank email saying I was there, and the Seville police provoked me.. Rofl. :D

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Sevilla Vs Spurs
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
Cheated.

The ref was a complete joke, his excuse for the penalty was that Robbo got the ball and then the player! Surely that is a fair tackle. Twat.

I think the away goal was very important for us. Sevilla had their strongest side out, we had no King or Malbranque starting. I am so hoping Ledders is fit, and he has one of those graceful and unbelievable performance including wiping out that arrogant bastard Kanoute. I say screw the Chelsea game, give the fringe players, and Ledders, a run out then anhilate the Spanish scum.

COYS.