« on: December 26, 2014, 06:50:59 AM »

Leicester
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 26th  Dec  - KO 15:00  - Ground: King Power Stadium

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Leicester v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 04:07:05 PM »
God, this Fazio is not a Premier League level player... Awful.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 06:28:14 PM »
I really cannot believe how were winning games?, our hold up play is dreadful, we cant put two passes together, Leister like Villa, swansea, and Palace battered us, our defence still looks awful, im very glad of another great escape but seriosly this has to be put right or it will a blood bath in the next two games.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »
How many get out of jail free cards do we have?

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »
Strange position to be in. Well placed in the league, SF of league cup ,knock out stage of Europa, Local boy Kane playing well and improving. On the surface what are we complaining about.
Yep we can't put teams away and every game is played on a knife edge but what's new with that?
So what's the issue?
1. We are so damn boring most of the time.
2. We don't seem connected as a team
3 as a result it is so hard to really identify with this team. Who do we really relate to Kane yep, Mason Yep, {Local boys]. Walker yep, damn good to see him back. Erickson Yep. Hugo yep but mainly because he is world class.
4. The rest though? We all want Lamela and Soldado to come right. To be fair Lamela is showing signs of real class, but he needs a big game against a big club to really be able to say he is a top player. Others like Chadli fade during the game. Others seem bored [Vert] or out of place [Pauliniho, Fazio]. all class players but there seems to be a lack of collective identity.
The player i feel sorry for in all of this is Erikson. He is constantly being compared to Modric and the expectation is that he fills the role that Modric left vacant. But we forget that Modric had VDV to work with in midfield and if things got tricky he could just push the ball wide and Bale would do the rest or thump it in to the middle and inevitably any ball into the penalty area would hit some part of Crouch. In other words he was able to concentrate on playing his natural game and remember he never scored goals. Meanwhile Our Erikson is expected the run the midfield, be the creator and score goals.
If we buy anyone in Jan i think we need a certain Southampton midfielder to work with Erikson. Sell Ade because he is just annoying everyone right now and i think it might be time to release Soldado from his pain.

"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 04:36:41 AM »
And surely Leicester must be wondering what the hell they have to do to get a point let alone a win.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 09:08:59 AM »
We were very lucky yet again, I recall when under AVB we were bashing teams but often opposition keepers would have the game of their life and through our poor defending we would throw points away.

This season we are playing very poor, worst since Ramos but putting results together, 3rd best away record in the prem behind Chelsea and Man City...... how and why?

TBH I dont know, the void between us and the top teams Chelsea and Man City is huge, mainly due to their ability to buy what they want and continue to splash until they get the right combo (which they have in depth).  All other positions are there for the taking in my opinion, Man U are becoming strong as LVG settles (shame). 

Never has there been such a good opportunity to finish in the top 4 but unless everything clicks very soon I can not see us taking this opportunity based on displays so far this season, where as Spam and Southampton could pull of surprises.

Cracks have been well wallpapered over, can this continue, common sense says no.  I expect 2 footballing lessons in the next 2 games.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »
Should we lose Lloris or Eriksen to injury, we would be in it neck-deep...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »
We won, but didn't play well. I hope the next game - against United - we play better.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 11:34:31 PM »
The thing is against Chelsea we played excellent for the first 20-25 mins could easily have been two up but our lack of organisation in defence and midfield cost us and if we give the ball away tommorow anything like we did yesterday then we will be put to the sword, its no good playing slow from the back, getting caught in ppssession in our final third, its no good playing the ball from midfield backwards towards are own goal as we are putting pressure on our already awful defence!, we must be positive and only think and play forward passes, keep the ball moving quickly, spread the ball wide and split there central back 3! Van Gaal has already stated he wants Young ans Valencia to play more attacking so we must pin them back with our own aggressive forward players, this will give the defence a breather!, we must also play two upfront and give one of our defencive midfielders the job of man marking Roony to cut out his central runs in the penalty box, we can do this if MP plays the right tactic if he plays the same way as yesterday we will be destroyed.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.