SpursNetwork

The (Helping) Hand of Hod?

Offline dylano

• Hero: Johan Cruyff
The (Helping) Hand of Hod?
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »
Did anyone read that interview with Glenn Hoddle the other day? He's said to be interested in taking over England for the Euros this summer.. and I think Alan Shearer has also publicly backed him as a serious candidate. Any thoughts?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: The (Helping) Hand of Hod?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »
Well, he did quite well for England, didn't he?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
Glenn Hoddle was the best England Manager we have had since Sir Alf statiscally, he had a 61% win ratio and was the only other England manager to win a tournament...Le Tournoi in 1997. He was actually building a very good side and getting some impressive results, if it hadn't been for David Beckham getting himself sent off and a wrongly disallowed goal by Sol Campbell in the game against Argentina who knows what may off happened !!!!

Unfortunately due to a misjudgement on his part (talking about religion and beliefs) and a very hostile press, nothing unusual there, he was removed over an out of context remark.

:nods:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:28:47 AM by ugs »
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dylano

• Hero: Johan Cruyff
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »
Ah yes.. St Etienne, summer of 1998.. I still shudder about that one.