SpursNetwork

Women at Football

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Women at Football
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
I doubt I will get any arguments here, but this something I feel quite strongly about. I consider I am quite a modern and forward thinking person, however isn't it time we stopped women attending football matches. They don't understand the game, and in general the only reason they go is to look at footballers legs. They don't shout, they screech, and they have an awful habit of saying stupid things at the wrong time. I own my own woman, and she is strictly forbidden from attending football matches. That said I do allow her to watch it on TV if she really wants.

Your views please !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline pieboy

Re: Women at Football
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »
Hahahah that some funny s**t
"modern and foward thinking person" aye!!!
Last time i checked we live in a democratic country, if a woman wants to pay £50 to go to the footy just to watch the footballers legs, then that thier prerogative.

Mind you, I was at a game recently, and there were 2 woman behind me sprouting out some crap about the Gaffer. Mind you its no more annoying than the deluded bald fat blokes at the front who always seems to  complaining about how crap our players are.

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
Depends on where it scores on the Fitness-Omiter innit  ;)
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
My Girlfriend sometimes likes to think she knows about football. On one of these occasions she told me it was no wonder Spurs had lost as they had been forced to play 4-3-3. Whats wrong with that then ? I asked. Well, she says, that only adds up to 10 you usually have 11 dont you.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 01:19:18 PM »
My Girlfriend sometimes likes to think she knows about football. On one of these occasions she told me it was no wonder Spurs had lost as they had been forced to play 4-3-3. Whats wrong with that then ? I asked. Well, she says, that only adds up to 10 you usually have 11 dont you.

I rest my case me lard.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »
Come on girls I know you are out there and members of this site so lets hear your views!!!!!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:21 PM »
Heh, not all women are deprived of football knowledge. Actually there are a few football fans among the ranks of CanIL's lovely ladies. My best mate's fiancée is from Argentina, and another friend of mine and her hubby are Corinthians fans in Brazil (couple of missionary kids who were born and raised in Brazil by Yank parents) - and then there's the old HS friend of mine who's on the Canadian women's national team :P

There was once a woman Dortmund fan who was a regular here on SpursNetwork. Don't remember her name but I do know she had a football brain in her head (at least apart from the fact that she supports Dortmund over Bremen :P) and somewhat supported Spurs.

On the flip side, whenever I talk about "football" over here I have to differentiate from Yankball handegg-chasing shenanigans to most guys.  :tickedoff:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan