SpursNetwork

Sweet Stadium News! (ITK)

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 07:33:18 AM »
Fanatastic news, we need to stay at WHL, its steeped in our history and has the best atmosphere in the prem.
Would be even better if they put the capacity up to 60k, this will stop any further development needed in the future, as we will need that capacity just to seat our growing army of fans.
COYS...

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 09:32:14 AM »
If it's gonna take 5 years to get the station then I suspect the rebuilding will take place over that timescale as well. I dont know how long it would take to knock down 1 stand and rebuild it but as the ground is standing empty for the 3 months of the close season. I should think you could do a lot of the work then. I know that Crsytal Palaces new(ish) stand was built in about 4 months.When you think about it the actual construction isn't that great basically just a roof over some steps the main problems would seem to be installing fixtures like seats and amenities. Although I'm not a Structual Engineer so there maybe issues I'm unaware of.

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 09:27:07 AM »
They Discussed this on Talksport this morning. Apparently the move to Wembley is back on, with the first game being against Celtic. They didn't say when rebuilding was due to start but it would appear that the plans are quite well advanced.

Offline Powerage

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 12:44:51 AM »
Just a thought, would it not be better for the club to move out of WHL for 1 or 2 seasons so that all the work can be done at the same time and the station can be built?

If we went to Wembley for this time period, the stadium would have all the work completed at the same time which surely would bring down costs and minimise disruption to the stadium and fans? I guess that having WHL empty and being unused for possibly 2 years would be unfavourable to the club because they would still have to pay expenses and maintenace, but with the gate money from Wembley 90,000 Yids that could make up for it?

I believe it would be a wise idea to hurry the **** up with the tube station but maybe thats me being impatient...

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »
The Wembley move is now a dead issue. Yesterday it was all go and a bright future awaited us, today that has been shot down in flames It has emerged that  Wembley Stadium only has a license to stage 37 events a year .With England games, cup finals and semi's plus various concerts that would not leave enough space for us to play 19 league games let alone compete in 3 different cup competitions. It's a shame cos it would have been a great move. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if we end up sharing with Watford.

Wembley has no place in Spurs plans
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 03:13:32 PM »
Tottenham's plans to relocate from White Hart Lane or increase the current capacity will not involve a temporary stay at the new Wembley if any developments are confirmed.

"Based on the current schedule of events and the variety of events we wouldn't have planning permission," said Wembley managing director Alex Horne on Sky Sports News.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
"vile Ken Livingstone is voted out, as he surely will be, at the next mayoral election."

You sure? only the other day they were saying there was no feasible candidate the Tories could find. Like it or not I suspect he's staying in.

It seems the Olympics is a great force in our favour here to justify a tube extension but I do wonder if the contentiousness of a massive congestion zone would place a tube extension at risk.

Great news if true, I'd rather the short term pain for long term gain. I've no doubt the board will utilise the close season to minimise impact on gain.

I look forward to the NLD and not being able to give Ars*nal a fair allocation as our stewards aren't used to those numbers of fans yet.
There be dragons