SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Man City

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Man City
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »
An absolutely belting win  :D

What pleased me the most is that AVB saw the mistakes he`d made with the formation and was brave enough to change it .I fancy us to beat chelskum at the bridge now . As much as i`d love to finish above Ars*nal i would get more pleasure from knocking them into 5th place after what happened last season .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 04:42:56 PM »
An absolutely belting win  :D

What pleased me the most is that AVB saw the mistakes he`d made with the formation and was brave enough to change it .I fancy us to beat chelskum at the bridge now . As much as i`d love to finish above Ars*nal i would get more pleasure from knocking them into 5th place after what happened last season .

I don't think his selection initially was a mistake. As games progress things change and you have to try a different formation/ tactic. On another day it might have worked.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »
You must had been watching a different game to me mate . Until the substitutions were made, we looked toothless going foward , the passing was a bit wayward and City looked slick on the counter.

No doubt the subsitutions and change in formation changed thr game.
Holtby showed great energy and impetus, hudds range of passing was a lot more direct, which in turn increased the tempo and stretch Cites defence a lot more. Pushing Bale and Dempsey higher and wider gave our midfielders a lot more space to control the tempo of the game. Hate to criticise, but Ade really let the team down today. His lack of effort was there for us all to see today

Well I was at the game if that helps.

In the first half I thought we battled well. Second half we were a better side.

I was also at the game and Pie boy was spot on untill  the changes Spurs looked out of it and were making no impact on City.

The guys who came on changed the game and AVB got it right! 8)

I disagree. The first half wasn’t nothing to shout home about. But the second half – before the substitutes – I thought we played well and spent most of the second half in City’s half. I remember commenting to the person who was sitting next to me that if we had lost it would have been a crime. The trouble is, as I saw it, the midfield played well but wasn’t servicing the striker and that is why they AVB needed to change it. I thought Parker had a good game; in the sense of knocking it around the midfield. However, we see it we won, and that is what is important.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 08:00:10 AM »
You must had been watching a different game to me mate . Until the substitutions were made, we looked toothless going foward , the passing was a bit wayward and City looked slick on the counter.

No doubt the subsitutions and change in formation changed thr game.
Holtby showed great energy and impetus, hudds range of passing was a lot more direct, which in turn increased the tempo and stretch Cites defence a lot more. Pushing Bale and Dempsey higher and wider gave our midfielders a lot more space to control the tempo of the game. Hate to criticise, but Ade really let the team down today. His lack of effort was there for us all to see today

Well I was at the game if that helps.

In the first half I thought we battled well. Second half we were a better side.

I was also at the game and Pie boy was spot on untill  the changes Spurs looked out of it and were making no impact on City.

The guys who came on changed the game and AVB got it right! 8)

I disagree. The first half wasn’t nothing to shout home about. But the second half – before the substitutes – I thought we played well and spent most of the second half in City’s half. I remember commenting to the person who was sitting next to me that if we had lost it would have been a crime. The trouble is, as I saw it, the midfield played well but wasn’t servicing the striker and that is why they AVB needed to change it. I thought Parker had a good game; in the sense of knocking it around the midfield. However, we see it we won, and that is what is important.

Sorry, I cant agree Parker had a good game. He was caught asleep for the cross that lead to their goal.I n midfield his possession is ok but his distribution is awful. Thats why he went off, and Huddlestone came on. At least he can pass the ball and set up quick attacks.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »
   What a great result 3-1, bloody marvellous.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I thought in the 1st half we were absolute polish, crap. After they scored we were really struggling and but for some good defensive work and a couple of saves by Lloris we could well have gone in at half-time 2-0 down. The second half we started to play with some purpose, and once AVB made the substitutions, we really started to control the game, and once we equalised, I thought it would be only a matter of time before we scored again.

:up: :up: :up: C O Y S
     Unfortunately for us, with Man U winning the league last night, I just hope that they don't take their foot off the pedal against the Arse--- and Chelski when they play them, cos that could really hurt us.

:nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:41:10 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »
Did anybody else notice Vertonghen played in an unnamed shirt number 49 in the first half?  :lol: I guess the kit man had a very bad morning.

You would think that there would be a spare shirt with the name and right number for every player hanging in the changing room?  :nope:

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »
   Joolz,
            They do have spares for each player, I think they actually have 3 for each player, but as you say 'They are hanging up in the dressing room', the emergency shirt, that they keep on the bench, is I think No.49 which was the shirt that Verthongen put on, when he came out in the 2nd half he was in fact wearing his own no.5 shirt.

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
Thanks for that Paul.

On a different topic. Huddlestone is threatening to leave if he does not get a regular first team spot.  Has he ever been a first team player? NOT IMO  :nope:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
Thanks for that Paul.

On a different topic. Huddlestone is threatening to leave if he does not get a regular first team spot.  Has he ever been a first team player? NOT IMO  :nope:
He played quite regularly when Jol was still around, but was (and still is) injury-prone and had to sit out many games because of that.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Thanks for that Paul.

He is a bit part player, had potential, never lived up to it and is injured on a regular basis, regarding could be and maybe p-lus injury Darren Anderton 2 springs to mind.  Threatening to leave..... :tossa:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »
Thanks for that Paul.

He is a bit part player, had potential, never lived up to it and is injured on a regular basis, regarding could be and maybe p-lus injury Darren Anderton 2 springs to mind.  Threatening to leave..... :tossa:
Anderton was a far more important player for us.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »
Agreed he was but still spent more time injured, I remember when ManU wanted him for 10 mill!

Thudd is a squad player for us and as such does make a contribution in certain games if he isnt happy with that he can join a lesser club.... QPR maybe lol
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!