SpursNetwork

Tottenham 1-5 Man City

Offline Ballyer Spur

• Hero: Paul McGrath
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Man City
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »
I kn   :yids: :spurs: :spurs: :spurs: :spurs: :spurs:w its early days and that we have played two of our toughest games of the season and that by nature I'm a glass half empty type og guy but I've got to say Iam under enthused by both of our performances to date.  We looked like we've no belief there appears to be something wrong in our attitude.  As soon as we go a goal down we seem to panic.  At least when JD came on he had ago.  Azza looks like he has no confidence whatsoever.  Corluka looks slower than ever.  And there's our evr growing injury list.  As I said to begin with I'm a glass half empty kind of guy but it looks like its gonna be a long season.
Being Irish I also happen to be a lifelong Shamrock Rovers fan so I'm really lookin forward to our Europa League campaign. :spurs:  Come on de Hoops
To Dare is to Do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »
It really hurts to see us at the last place in the league table...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
Ok so we have been humilated at home...... we are bottom of the table...... and we still haven't sorted out the transfer problems we have !!!!

BUT...... we have only played 2 games against the two sides that are going to be more than likely the top two come May. Man Ure wasn't an ideal first game of the season especially at Old Trafford, we have an appalling record against them there even when we win it's taken away from us, and then theres Citeh a team thats spent around £350 million on players in 2 years and turned up today with a £100 million attacking line. It's not an excuse because we are better than that but I can understand why it's happened.

Our next game against Wolves away will be a different prospect, we will have Adebayor up front along with a probable 2 or 3 new players. I fully expect us to improve considerably and come the end of the season we will be somewhere near the top four if not in it !!!!

Lastly if you think we have problems take a look 4 miles down the Seven Sisters Road, at least we know which way to go to see the light !!!!!!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
I agree with Ugs. Although it is disappointing to lose these games, it was exactly what most of us must have expected. We simply cannot compete with either club and I doubt anyone else will either. It was extremely unfortunate that these turned out to be our first 2 matches. Having seen Everton, we would have fancied an opening day win. I am concerned , however, that Wolves away will be a very tough match for a team short on confidence and have to hope that 2 or 3 new signings may give us a boost. Perhaps, for once, the international break will help? ledley seems to have fallen completely off the radar again, not even being mentioned as ' on his way back to fitness'.   Still feel we need to sort out a better system at home to accommodate VDV, as playing 1 striker is not going to be enough to win games.

The next few days should be very lively.