SpursNetwork

Wigan 0-0 Tottenham

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
Re: Wigan v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 04:51:48 PM »
This is just effing ridiculous................what the hell is going on! what a waste of space

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 04:57:51 PM »
well, was that a load of b*ll**ks or was it a load of total b*ll**ks ??

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 04:59:34 PM »
you have to say that we are pretty s**te at the moment in the epl and bringing on niko with a heartbeat left is an insult to redknobs tactics and niko himself

I think he should have started today. I can understand him not starting when Bale is on the left, but when he isn't and we're also missing Lennon I think it's madness to not have Kranjcar playing. BAH!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 05:45:04 PM »
you have to say that we are pretty s**te at the moment in the epl and bringing on niko with a heartbeat left is an insult to redknobs tactics and niko himself

I think he should have started today. I can understand him not starting when Bale is on the left, but when he isn't and we're also missing Lennon I think it's madness to not have Kranjcar playing. BAH!

Agree totally. Isn't it amazing that we can all see it. I saw on the Skysports thread that guys are saying exactly the same there.........has Harry lost the plot? As I mentioned, I think he is in some comfort zone bathing in the love of the fans, but I have to say, I and many others are getting a tad fed up with his game plan of late and his term may be over sooner than he thinks if things go on like this. 3 points out of 12 (Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham and now Wigan) - it is a complete joke

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »
Personally, I thought even before the last game against Wet Spam.... when he chose Vaart-Defoe 'upfront'..... that Arry may have taken a back-hander from a well-known Sheikh from Abu Dhabi (who doesnt wanna look a twat a 2nd season running, by finishing outside Top4) via the usual well-slackened route of his Monaco bank accounts...

even more so after today's decision to play the 'wide players' Modric and Vaart, ahead of a fit Lennon.... especially with Vaart's tendency to always nip inside thus leaving a slow Corluka to cope isolated on the rightside....AND.... not having Gallas' pace today to compensate on said rightside of the CB-pairing, and having Dawson to patrol a large area out wide (not exactly his forte)...

I reckon Arry may well be 5m richer by June 1st..... 2nd thoughts, make that May 1st... :hide:

Offline Holtspur

Re: Wigan 0-0 Tottenham
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
Harrys in it for himself. He is bathing in unjust glory. Hope Capello quits now and Harry f**ks off to the England job

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »
We ought to be 3rd with a game in hand. Looks like I overshot my points prediction with 65. Somewhere in the range of 60-64 looking more likely now and pretty much a lock for 5th.

Jenas didn't play badly, but a starting midfield of VdV - Sandro - Modric - Kranjcar seemed obvious if Lennon really couldn't go. Jenas is always available as a reliable substitute in the event that setup doesn't work out. Sure Harry may not care for Niko's comments in the press, but the fact remains -- he is the next best option on the leftside, a proven goalscorer (something we've been sorely lacking), and is CERTAIN to move on if he isn't shown a little more respect. I think after Saturday that Kranjcar's ship has definitely sailed. If Harry had any hope of retaining the player it's well past now.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »
lol Willsy.... I'm surprised you think that a midfield 0f Vaart-Modric-Krankie-Sandro would have anything even resembling BALANCE in it....  that midfield would be severely lacking in running-power as a unit and would be overhauled by the likes of the St Trinian's 1st XI....

Jenas, as you said, played well and... as always.... brings the balance into the midfield, be it as an attacking midfielder or someone who can also hold position in CM.... if he didnt play we would most likely have lost the game, never mind draw it..

Vaart (and Modric, now THudd's fit again) will continue to be shoehorned into the side til season-end (to maintain their overhyped valuations), as all the Spurs hierachy will accept Top4 is now gone and start planning for next season...

next season, both Modric and Vaart will no longer have to be shoehorned in.....and the striking-recruits WILL be available at long last  :up:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:15:32 AM by Gareth Keown »

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
I agree with Wilson re Krankers - he should have started. Given Defoe's poor finishing, I would have fancied seeing K up front! The man is a genius and eyes a goalscoring opportuniy nearly every game he plays

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:01 PM »
those who saw the match would actually have noticed that the game-pattern changed dramatically after Lennon replaced the totally ineffective (yet again) Vaart...

Lennon'a addition gave us the spark so sorely lacking in a stagnant midfield that only offered penetration, up til then, when Jenas took the reins (that was supposed to be for the free-roaming 'creative genius' Modric) and produced a good flick for Defoe for a chance on goal, and then produce the best attacking moment of the 1st half with a thunderous shot that was saved well....

but expecting to only go for a game seriously after 70mins have passed, in order to meaninglessly give Vaart a game yet again.... we got exactly what was deserved..

I fully expect both Vaart and Modric now to move on in the summer, now that we'll have the excuse of no CL footy next year to offer up as a way to hang on to such 'world-class' talents... Wickham will be an interesting option into the mix next year (along with 1-2 others upfront)...