____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 2nd Apr 2011 - KO 15:00 - Ground: DW Stadium

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:17:30 PM by Biggs »

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
Re: Wigan v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »
After the international break, I'm looking forward to this one. We need to go on a goal fest to set us up for the rest of the season. I know some of the guys have said that previous games were not "must wins" but when you look at our fixtures and that of City and Liverpool, it has to be said that we MUST win this one, and quite convincingly to get the spirit going so the boys actually believe they can do it again. I dont want us to be the bridesmaid this season. I think Hudders is going to set the league alight as he will want to reclaim his place. Lets show the rest of the league what talent we have in our squad so we can be taken as serious contenders again next season and not just a falsh in the pan.  :dance:

Offline PaulInRome

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
I hopw you're right Holtspur but its' hard to believe the players won't have their mind on Madrid. If we do go 1-0 up we'll probably just sit on it and risk them coming back into the game.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »
Right now this game is more important than the Madrid game

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
Harry just has to focus on this one. But, Lennon on the bench, Bale out - where's the pace down the wings? Hope Harry has set this one up properly, but looks like we will play narrow - VDV always drifts in, and Modders likes the space in the middle (Maybe Krankers would have been a better choice?) - just hope that doesnt create too much space for Wigan to get at Charlie and BAE as that spells danger to me. With Gallas out as well, we need to be wary of set pieces as Wigan will want to put pressure on the CB's - Just hope Harry's got it right. We MUST win this one and hopefully convincingly to take confidence to Madrid on Tuesday.  :smug:

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »
starting line up

Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Jenas, Sandro, Modric; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 03:04:08 PM »
Saw that Biggs. Thanks. as I said earlier, with that line up where's the pace down the wings? Looks like we will play narrow and am concerned that Charlie and BAE will be exposed.

Offline bigv

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »
Thoughts on the line up? I think vdv is more suited to a permanent midfield role.

Offline bigv

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
vdv needs to give up the jazz cigarettes and pancakes if he is to last the full 90mins  :2funny:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 03:41:38 PM »
Good afternoon chaps. Just logging on from my fone(still no computer). I'm having to watch the BBC final with just the list of scores and goals. They only had 1 update, sounded like nothing happening.

Any updates from you guys would be lovely.
Cheers

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
They're looking more likely to score than we are at the moment.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline bigv

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
As the commentator said on numerous occasions spurs are lacking serious width due to the absent lennon and bale. Few chances with the exception of a "piledriver" of an effort from jenas which was easily saved by the keeper. I think keown is commentating. Highlight of the half was the commentator calling harry, harry- redknob  8D

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 04:14:42 PM »
You are certainly right about BAE's hair.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 04:28:27 PM »
LOL! VDV and Redknapp  :lol:

Offline bigv

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »
you have to say that we are pretty s**te at the moment in the epl and bringing on niko with a heartbeat left is an insult to redknobs tactics and niko himself