SpursNetwork

Newcastle 1-1 Tottenham

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Newcastle v Tottenham
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »
And Defoe misssed a cracking chance at the end of the half but hit the keeper with the ball  :'(
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »
Think we need Palacios on for Jenas at half time.

Not even on the bench mate, Kran or Sandro??????

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
don' t know why we've waited till 84th minute to bring Kranjcar on.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 04:50:41 PM »
because harrys faves have to come on first

Offline bigv

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »
LENNONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
Still disappointed, but 1 point is a hell of a lot better than none.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »
 :( In terms of league position and aspirations we need to win games like this to make any impact at the top.

:) In terms of how the game panned out, a point is acceptable.

:lol:/ :dance: In terms of snatching a goal right at the end and 'breaking Newcastle hearts' :2funny:
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »
We will show that we have turned yet another corner this season and walk away winners from St James Park, we must start with Defoe and either VdV or Pav. 

Whoops!!!! nearly though, on a plus we didnt give up it could have gone either way, one point better than none!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »
Poor game, Newcastle did defend well and i give them credit for that but its so annoying when teams score and then just sit back with 2 banks of 4 and defend! We found it difficult to break them down, Modric and VDV seemed to go missing today and both didnt have good games. Lennons goal was good and its always nice to score in injury time! Level 4th but hopefully Bolton beat Chelscum on Monday! Pienaar had an alright debut, hate those away shirts aswell. YID ARMY

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
It was a decent game to be honest.  They didn't test us greatly apart from a couple of chances that Cudicini did very well saving.
The Newcastle goal was pure terrible defending by Hutton but in his defence Collocini took it brilliantly.

Pienaar didn't have a great game. Some occasional good signs but looked like he struggle to fit in.

When Krancjar came on you could instantly see how much more comfortable on the ball he was than pienaar.  Hopefully Harry knows what he is doing there and hopefully Pienaar improves.

According to BBC Bale pulled up with an old back injury so fingers crossed he is not out too long!

When Crouch came on he lost the ball 3 times in the box because HE CANNOT DO ANYTHING WITH HIS FEET... BUT he did get the flick on to Defoe who set up Lazza for the equalizer.  So he salvaged himself a little.  Well done to harry for going 433 again to salvage something..

A mad 5 minutes to the game. It could have gone either way.  Thankfully Barton had a shocker of a game. I'm happy enough with the point although top 4 is looking tough unless we go on a 5 win streak.

J

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1950-51, 1960-61       
CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1991       
F.A. CUP 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991,      
LEAGUE CUP 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
Looking at the positives, only 2 goals conceded in the last 6 games. Dawson's return has certainly been a big plus.

We rerally missed Bae and Bale. Much of our speed and energy seems to lie with the combination of those two.
Thought Kranjaar did well when he came on, but we have to do something about linking with Defoe. All too often he is isolated and expected to do too much.
Having said that I thought Newcastle played well today. They are not a great team but they certainly fought like cornered rats for 75 minutes. Lucklily we did the same for the last 15.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
Looking at the positives, only 2 goals conceded in the last 6 games. Dawson's return has certainly been a big plus.

We rerally missed Bae and Bale. Much of our speed and energy seems to lie with the combination of those two.
Thought Kranjaar did well when he came on, but we have to do something about linking with Defoe. All too often he is isolated and expected to do too much.
Having said that I thought Newcastle played well today. They are not a great team but they certainly fought like cornered rats for 75 minutes. Lucklily we did the same for the last 15.

Nicely summed up mate!

Hope BAE and Bale aren't out for next weekend! We missed them both baaaaadly today!
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »
Aaron Lennon can shag my girl anytime! There has been a fair few important late goals scored by him, Liverpool & Newcastle this season, The scum 4-4. Quality player, even though hes a Leeds fan through and through! YID ARMY

Offline bigv

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 09:59:42 AM »
Aaron Lennon can shag my girl anytime! There has been a fair few important late goals scored by him, Liverpool & Newcastle this season, The scum 4-4. Quality player, even though hes a Leeds fan through and through! YID ARMY

you were offering her to michael dawson last week. Pretty open minded there somerset :hide:

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
Re: Newcastle 1-1 Tottenham
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
Didn't see the game yesterday - good point in the end tho.

From reports im reading, Jenas - totally ineffective again.

I wish Newcastle would take him back again!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."