SpursNetwork

Spurs 3 Moscow 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 3 Moscow 1
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:24:07 PM »
Everybody is saying this is a great result and we've turned a corner (where Wembley is concerned); for Christ sake, they were a poor side and we should dominate a team like this. The goal we gave away was a stupid one. We should have been 4 or 5 up. We still looked nervous on the ball, as we did in the previous Wembley appearances. Now the Europa league awaits. :D
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 3 Moscow 1
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:02:15 AM »
It seems that every lesser team that we play these days sets out to defend deep and frustrate us, whilst waiting to hit us on the break. And for half an hour it worked. Yet another sloppy goal conceded, and we struggled to break them down. As voice says, we should have been 4 or 5 up, and thats just the first half !! Even when we went 3-1 up they still never changed their game plan.
Looking at Eriksen, Ali and Kane they are starting to look back on form, a welcome sign. And how about the roar when Toby got stripped off.
Personally, I agree with Poch on this one, the Europa is another route into next years CL, and we need to give it our best shot.
Lets start the charge on Sunday, and send out a message that we are not finished yet !!
COYS